Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 05, 2010, 01:54:23 PM
Down have been doing ok in the league. While getting beat they're putting in good performances.

Antrim have been getting worse every game.  Getting beat by westmeath and down not good - hopefully we won't get sucked into a relegation battle.

I certainly wouldn't see this result as unexpected.

Down have been their dogged selves in the league and both Laois and Carlow should have won by more and were clearly the better teams. I can't condemn the Down lads for trying as they certainly do, but they're currently playing with 2 decent forwards in Magic and Woods, with Dule being injured, Andy Savage at midfield who's been very good of recent and a fairly leaky defence lacking a bit of discipline at times.

I'd suggest the result speaks more for Antrims state than any great upturn in Downs fortunes.

imtommygunn

Not to want to take away from Down's victory but I'd have thought the same Johnney.

Disappointing. Maybe it's being saved for the c'ship...

oisinog

From what I understand dinny has asked a couple of players he removed or have walked of the panel to return. the two I have heard off are forwards. Has he realised that he hasn't a strong enough team

Glensman

oisinog

Don't want to say as it's not common knowledge

imtommygunn

All pointing towards two oisins then oisin.

the colonel

tosh was asked back, but said he wasn't going to. Watson hasn't been seen since he got sent off, heard today he has quit. Ryan McGarry also quit
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 05, 2010, 10:24:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2010, 08:53:22 PM
truth be know i took Down plus 6 in my bet at the weekend, (Galway beating me :() Antrim missing  a fair few players and have not got a settled team.

didn't think we'd lose but expected it to be tight. we cant be relegated imtommygunn, results against the other teams and points scored.

Shocking though that Down will finish above us considering the teams that they pick from (numbers Johnny ;)) Can we turn it around before Championship? don't know at this stage. Dinny may ask for more sessions that may hurt the leagues. will wait and see

Who will you end up supporting then?

Not involved with managing team now so it does not affect club or me. when you take a team you'll understand how the county setup can have a knock on effect with your plans. I'll not hold my breath though ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maxpower

What happens next????

Tony Baloney

Anonymous lunatics the lot of you.

Milltown Row2

If we don't have the tools then why bother bringing up coaches that would get a fair few quid in traveling expenses to take a team that is not going anywhere???

We posters are the reason Antrim hurling is in such a bad state. i think i should change the thread title and name it

DONT TALK ABOUT ANTRIM HURLING
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glensman

Quote from: the colonel on April 07, 2010, 08:38:46 PM
tosh was asked back, but said he wasn't going to. Watson hasn't been seen since he got sent off, heard today he has quit. Ryan McGarry also quit

Watson hasn't quit, he was at training over the weekend there. Good to hear it.

the colonel

yeah so I heard. Once football season is over he can get more training in.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Watson was in the changing rooms before a pre season match and said "Aye Dinny I got the DC manager to take me off after 45 mins yesterday so I would be fresh for today", to which an unnamed city man said "Ah Liam I was at the match yesterday and you played the full game". Rumbled.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

I don't like castigating any player but it's getting to the point where Watson is fast becoming a liability.

He can't keep his discipline at all and can't seem to be relied upon. Need better especially at county level.

Don't get me wrong he's got great talent and with the right attitude he'd arguably be our best player. He's about 27 / 28 now though and has never shown that attitude. Hope he proves me wrong but high time he grew up.