DICK v WOOLY

Started by trailer, July 24, 2018, 09:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: Scoring Zone on July 24, 2018, 09:36:45 PM
this whole thing is like watching two dwarfs fight - entertaining for the first 10 seconds then ye just feel sorry for them trying to get attention - just two irrelevant average ex county men looking to be heard - in a committee of some description in clerkins case ( Jarleth "scor" Burns Jr) and in Parkinsons case, Joe.ie and their laddish clickbait blog gives the loudest mouth a soapbox - unfortunately this seems to be the norm - Cavanagh, Brendan Deveney, Billy Joe Padden, Dessie Dolan, Gooch, David "as the man says" Brady - are all bland, irrelevant cliche ridden doses #rantover

Senan 'that's quality' Connell would be in there too. 

The Subbie

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 25, 2018, 10:43:33 PM
this whole thing is like watching two dwarfs fight - entertaining for the first 10 seconds then ye just feel sorry for them trying to get attention - just two irrelevant average ex county men looking to be heard - in a committee of some description in clerkins case ( Jarleth "scor" Burns Jr) and in Parkinsons case, Joe.ie and their laddish clickbait blog gives the loudest mouth a soapbox - unfortunately this seems to be the norm - Cavanagh, Brendan Deveney, Billy Joe Padden, Dessie Dolan, Gooch, David "as the man says" Brady - are all bland, irrelevant cliche ridden doses #rantover

100% - I sometimes get the impression the Senan is trying to model his delivery and general TV persona on Jamie Redknapp, a dreadful though I know.

On a seperate note , I wonder do Senan, David , Dick and all the rest of the lads look at who is retiring every year and wonder if the new retiree is going to get a slice of his cake so to speak?

The talking head retired ex county man market had , I Thought, reached saturation point about 18 months ago and (thankfully ) natural attrition wasn't keeping up with the numbers joining the ranks , it would be a interesting study to see the % of ex county men that never go near the media scene and then the % of others like Dick & Wolly who willingly prostitute themselves for a few coppers.
In Woolys case it's a living , fair enough.
The Dick fella works away as a production manager or something along them lines and I'm reckoning the media thing is a vanity project or a means to an end - propbably told by his FF handlers to keep tapping away at the Aus TV there Dick & we'll parachute you in as a Dail candidate in a few years , good lad .
Another appalling thought , Dick Clerkin T.D.

Ethan Tremblay

I quite like Senan Connell on the radio (the last word).  He has gave some genuine good analysis on Dublin last week and seems to know what he is talking about.  Him and Peter Canavan are good to listen to and seem to give an honest take in my opinion.   

Wolly reminds me of Graeme Norton, he is giddy as fcuk when he gets someone on and very little analysis occurs, although he isn't afraid to call out what he thinks is bull, as in the Dick Clerkin case, which makes some of his shows interesting. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Beffs

People seriously.....it's Wooly....as in wooly jumper. It is NOT Wolly that rhymes with sweet fcuk all !  :o

trailer

It's some gravy train this pundit lark. Some boys absolutely stealing a living at it. And don't get me started on Rory's stories.

No left foot

Aaron Kernan another appalling example of an individual who would sell his soul to increase his social media / media profile , totally irrelevant opinions which under scrutiny just don't stand up , always goes with the popular opinion / whatever is trending, whatever maximises benefit for him .All about getting your slice of the cake.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Beffs on July 26, 2018, 10:35:55 AM
People seriously.....it's Wooly....as in wooly jumper. It is NOT Wolly that rhymes with sweet fcuk all !  :o
And neither does Wooly but Woolly probably does. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Keyser soze

Quote from: No left foot on July 26, 2018, 11:34:55 AM

Aaron Kernan another appalling example of an individual who would sell his soul to increase his social media / media profile , totally irrelevant opinions which under scrutiny just don't stand up , always goes with the popular opinion / whatever is trending, whatever maximises benefit for him .All about getting your slice of the cake.

Welcome to the board Aaron  ;D

Maroon Manc

Quote from: JimStynes on July 25, 2018, 09:36:07 PM
The GAA Hour is excellent and Parkinson is good craic on it. I'd much rather listen to the likes of him than some of dinosaurs on RTE. Stevie McDonnell and Cian Ward are excellent on it as well. By far the best GAA podcast going.

Ward is very good but can't say the same about McDonnell, he gets so much wrong.

Jinxy

Quote from: trailer on July 26, 2018, 11:18:20 AM
It's some gravy train this pundit lark. Some boys absolutely stealing a living at it. And don't get me started on Rory's stories.

Painful stuff.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

RedHand88

Quote from: Jinxy on July 26, 2018, 12:16:13 PM

Painful stuff.

Can't watch it without cringing.

trileacman

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 26, 2018, 01:34:29 PM

Painful stuff.

He does weddings now too.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 26, 2018, 11:48:07 AM
Quote from: No left foot on July 26, 2018, 11:34:55 AM

Welcome to the board Aaron  ;D
;D I thought it was Stephen!

trailer

Quote from: trileacman on July 26, 2018, 01:49:20 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 26, 2018, 01:34:29 PM

Painful stuff.

He does weddings now too.

Does he fill in the bit of shit time after the meal, when everyone wants to go to the room and drink a bottle of wine?

joemamas

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 25, 2018, 10:43:33 PM

+1

Connell is as bad as any of them, sideline report my arse, you could get any average GAA supporter in the crowd and they would add just as much value. Of course his Dublin accent seems to be getting stronger every time he is on, so maybe that is the angle for SKY.
I just press mute when he is on.