The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on June 06, 2023, 06:20:30 PM
Rory , brandel chamblee let's see how their morals hold up now

They'll hardly quit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gmac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2023, 06:56:22 PM
Quote from: Gmac on June 06, 2023, 06:20:30 PM
Rory , brandel chamblee let's see how their morals hold up now

They'll hardly quit
don't think so , stenson kicked out as euro captain also

screenexile

McIlroys stance had definitely softened recently which would make you think he was in on it... if he was then he's a massive hypocrite.

There's a fair bit still to be sorted out yet surely the big PGA starts will have to compensated!

Kidder81

Quote from: screenexile on June 06, 2023, 07:51:39 PM
McIlroys stance had definitely softened recently which would make you think he was in on it... if he was then he's a massive hypocrite.

There's a fair bit still to be sorted out yet surely the big PGA starts will have to compensated!

I always found it hard to get too invested either way, one group of very rich sportsmen squabbling with another group of very rich sportsmen

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Gmac on June 06, 2023, 04:08:21 PM
Haha fellas on here we're getting fired up about it .

always good to be on the right side of history  ;D

Gmac knew ;)

screenexile

Being reported that McIlroy and Woods were in the dark about the deal like everyone else!

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: screenexile on June 06, 2023, 11:35:49 PM
Being reported that McIlroy and Woods were in the dark about the deal like everyone else!

Mcilroys' head is shot at the minute so this ain't going to help at all with his major quest.

JPGJOHNNYG

On one hand it will be good to see the likes of DJ and Brooks again but most of the rest like Sergio, poults, Westwood, red neck smith, reed etc etc can get to f**k

dec

The objection to the LIV tour from the PGA players was nothing to do with Saudi money, it was because they were traitors to the PGA tour who were involved in setting up a rival. They would have objected even if the source for LIV money was from a more reputable source.

The anger at the Saudi money connection was mostly from outside the ranks of PGA tour players

Mikhail Prokhorov

be interesting to see who turns down the saudis now

my guess, nobody (unless they resign)

brooks has played this perfectly imo

another major next week?

NAG1

Already being floated compensation to those who stayed on the PGA.

Can't see them being overly happy with the way it was announced though and the PGA chief being openly told to resign by these guys.

Orior

Compensation will help, but its still blood money.

The biggest winners of this are obviously LIV because they were running out of road.

I would like to think the PGA negotiator dug deep.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JPGJOHNNYG

Out of interest has Greg Norman been shafted by all this? Silver linings and all that

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Orior on June 07, 2023, 01:29:37 PM
Compensation will help, but its still blood money.

The biggest winners of this are obviously LIV because they were running out of road.

I would like to think the PGA negotiator dug deep.

LIV ceases to exist at the end of 2023 - PIF are the big winners

Kidder81

Rory is fully onboard anyway going by his comments just now