The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Because he let a clearly injured man beat him, if Nadal knew how bad he was he shoulda retired before end of tiebreaker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 07, 2022, 11:23:42 PM
Fcuk that. People like him aren't programmed to do anything else but win. The way it should be.

I get that, I'd just feel short changed if I was a punter that got lucky enough to have tickets for mens semi finals day at Wimbledon

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Orior on July 07, 2022, 11:03:26 PM
Quote from: markl121 on July 07, 2022, 08:57:21 PM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on July 07, 2022, 07:56:14 PM
Nadal out  :'(
Gutted. Glad he didn't pull out when losing like the majority do. The fact he won was very impressive

If I was the guy that he beat in the quarter final then I would be very pissed off. Why don't they let the beaten quarterfinalist play?
Because he lost, obviously.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2022, 11:30:20 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 07, 2022, 11:23:42 PM
Fcuk that. People like him aren't programmed to do anything else but win. The way it should be.

I get that, I'd just feel short changed if I was a punter that got lucky enough to have tickets for mens semi finals day at Wimbledon
Tough, the rules don't care for whether you have a ticket or not. If Nadal can't play his opponent advances, simple really. You'll get your refund.

markl121

Gutted. Glad he didn't pull out when losing like the majority do. The fact he won was very impressive

If I was the guy that he beat in the quarter final then I would be very pissed off. Why don't they let the beaten quarterfinalist play?
I thought it was class, usually you see someone who's losing pull out "injured" the fact that he played on, won and then pulled out is very refreshing. He didn't look for the easy way out

nrico2006

Quote from: markl121 on July 08, 2022, 08:24:53 AM

I thought it was class, usually you see someone who's losing pull out "injured" the fact that he played on, won and then pulled out is very refreshing. He didn't look for the easy way out

Agreed.  The fella he beat wasn't good enough and I'm sure the players are playing each game as it comes and not thinking about the next day out.  It was crazy to see Nadal winning given he was basically hitting 2nd serves for a lot of the match.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Capt Pat

Despite their best efforts the Brits couldn't stop a Russian winning Wimbledon. She doesn't seem too bothered about it all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 09, 2022, 04:07:30 PM
Despite their best efforts the Brits couldn't stop a Russian winning Wimbledon. She doesn't seem too bothered about it all.

Representing Kazakstan... bit like the kiwi yesterday representing the Brits..

gallsman

Or Christ knows what percentage of the Irish rugby team over the last few years.

Mikhail Prokhorov

the goat wins his 21st  ;D

doing all they can to stop him getting the record but won't stop him

quit yo jibbajabba

Would usually shout for the underdog but thon Krygios a hard boy to like. Theres gettin yerself angry to perform then theres that there....

Capt Pat

Raducanu was beaten in the first round of the US open after winning it last year. Why has she failed to reach the heights she reached last year? Is it because shortly after winning the US Open she replaced her coaching team with a new coaching team? It doesn't seem to have helped.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 31, 2022, 09:16:40 AM
Raducanu was beaten in the first round of the US open after winning it last year. Why has she failed to reach the heights she reached last year? Is it because shortly after winning the US Open she replaced her coaching team with a new coaching team? It doesn't seem to have helped.

Probably won it a couple of years too early in her development, but no one can take that away from her now.. Few years to mature and develop further, she could get better just very patchy at the minute with her form

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 31, 2022, 09:27:31 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on August 31, 2022, 09:16:40 AM

Probably won it a couple of years too early in her development, but no one can take that away from her now.. Few years to mature and develop further, she could get better just very patchy at the minute with her form

Has she not changed coaches a few times. Maybe it was just a lucky win, I would nearly guess that she has lost more than she has one since last year's US open win.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'