Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: thewobbler on May 08, 2023, 04:32:13 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 08, 2023, 04:27:31 PM
Not a stag but annual meeting with fellas I went to uni with. Someone mentioned Mullingar as a good spot but I have never heard anyone mention it as a town for nightlife. Anyone?

Would prefer Athlone but organiser says accommodation options not great on weekend in question. Any other options that suit boys travelling from Dublin Airport, one from Tipp and me coming from the North? Kilkenny was chalked off already.

Haven't been in Mullingar in a decade but it wasn't great. Can't explain why as most ingredients are the same .

Maynooth or Naas would be worth looking at.

Naas a rough dive and if you're not local lads from the area it's notorious for trouble for out of towners. Not the most welcoming bar fletchers or Hayden's pub for a quiet pint

Maynooth a far better town and excellent food but maybe a bit student-ish

Tony Baloney

Cheers lads. Might give Maynooth a rattle despite the student days being a distant memory.

markl121

Mate of mine going on a stag to Bristol this weekend. Looking a pub for the football. Looks like o neills and seamus o donnells are Irish bars. Any others he could check? Probably a long shot

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: markl121 on June 02, 2023, 01:22:37 PM
Mate of mine going on a stag to Bristol this weekend. Looking a pub for the football. Looks like o neills and seamus o donnells are Irish bars. Any others he could check? Probably a long shot
great city for a stag

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 08, 2023, 10:01:43 PM
Cheers lads. Might give Maynooth a rattle despite the student days being a distant memory.

How did you get on?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on June 08, 2023, 07:43:31 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 08, 2023, 10:01:43 PM

How did you get on?
It's in August but now changed to Carrick.

NotedObserver

Was in Galway recently and found them much friendlier to stags that previous

markl121

Quote from: NotedObserver on June 08, 2023, 10:02:44 PM
My friend was put out of a pub in the place for wearing a mr motivator outfit the lads got him. They referred to it as a "political statement"

snoopdog

Quote from: markl121 on June 08, 2023, 10:25:56 PM
My friend was put out of a pub in the place for wearing a mr motivator outfit the lads got him. They referred to it as a "political statement"
Rightly so  :D
I always though dressing up the stag was an English thing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: snoopdog on June 09, 2023, 09:03:33 AM
Quote from: markl121 on June 08, 2023, 10:25:56 PM
Rightly so  :D
I always though dressing up the stag was an English thing.

It has been but see a lot of it now, certainly on stags I've been to

I was at a friends stag in Newcastle, he's born and bred Scot but late teens the family moved to outside Leeds, course he married had kids and divorced, but at the stag for his second marriage he was made to wear a King George outfit all day! The man was demented lol. While his English born kids took the pish..

Sure its a bitta craic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Sure feck sake there is a thing where people pay to get the stag handcuffed to a midget all weekend.

Tony Baloney

Any tips for bars (and dare I say it clubs for the more mature traveller) etc. in Carrick on Shannon?

snoopdog

Quick question lads. Not q stag do. Just a group of lads looking for a good spot for the weekend.  What's athlone or mullingar like. We've done all the obvious places before.

Captain Scarlet

Don't live too far from Mullingar but would never go there on a night out.
Did a stag in Athlone and you have some nice spots.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Itchy

Quote from: snoopdog on August 03, 2023, 01:38:20 PM
Quick question lads. Not q stag do. Just a group of lads looking for a good spot for the weekend.  What's athlone or mullingar like. We've done all the obvious places before.

Athlone is a nice spot, well worth a visit