Best debut season?

Started by blanketattack, October 01, 2014, 07:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on October 03, 2014, 04:04:48 PM
I remember the buzz around Clarke returning home from the afl and was well justified in my opinion, was a play-maker through and through, was consistently good in 2010 and his aura lifted the team itself.     

I feel he will make a huge impact for Down this year if he opts in, also expect Caolan Mooney to break into the panel and show his worth,

He was anonymous against Tyrone in 2010.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnneycool

Quote from: No1 on October 03, 2014, 07:47:06 PM
QuoteNot only was he two footed, he could throw a ball like a cannonball, Brian McGuigan was lucky he wasn't killed by that ball..

Big Ger McGrattan won Downs only hurling allstar in his debut year, he was only 20 at the time.

Tony Kelly in all fairness probably bettered him in 2013, only just though  8)

I bet Tony couldn't carry off the white socks with tux look though!  ;D

You Ards boys were always fashion leaders.  ;)

Forgot about that, he took a good bit of stick for that alright.

lynchbhoy

from recollection Mick Lawlor (Laois) debut season was pretty good and deserves an honourable mention

think he got 2-3 in his debut game v louth (the one with the famous massive punch up)

1993 I think

AZOffaly

1991 if it was the punch up with Louth, the one with the bearded sub in the tracksuit.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Estimator

Dermot "won an All-Star when he was still at school" McNicholl deserves a mention.
Ulster League Champions 2009

beer baron

haveaharp