Pat Flanagan new Sligo Manager

Started by rodney trotter, November 25, 2013, 10:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman2 on September 26, 2014, 09:17:53 PM
Rumors are spreading that he might be the new Offaly manager...

Well at least James Horan is available and McStay and Mchale

No appetite for Flanagan to continue? You'd assume if there was this would have been a slam-dunk. Limp performance against a limited Galway side aside he wasn't disastrous for a late appointment. Unless Sligo have someone in mind switching horses again so soon mightn't be good for the team.

rodney trotter

Few names being linked for that Job http://www.hoganstand.com/offaly/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=225000

The Offaly senior football manager's job seems to be one of the hottest tickets, if the reported interest is correct.

There is an alleged three interested candidates from outside the county as former Longford manager and Kildare footballer Glenn Ryan, his ex-county team mate Dermot Earley and former Waterford manager Niall Carew all linked with the job.

A further three Offaly men are in the running also as Clara's Pat Flanagan, Edenderry's Peter Brady and Gracefield's Padraig Dunne have been nominated.

Flanagan is believed to be the front runner for the role as the former Westmeath manager has yet to commit for another term with the Sligo footballers.

The selection committee of Padraig Boland, Fergal McKeown, James Brady and David Coffey have begun the interviewing process this week.

Rossfan

hope it's a fairer process than the Rhubarb one  ;D
Poor oul Sligo don't seem to be a favourite for Managers.
In 2013 Walsh kept them waiting for months until he saw he wasn't getting( or wouldn't take ) the Ros job. No wonder Sligo were so bad in 2013.
Now Flanagan is leaving them in suspense while he waits for a call from someone else.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sligoman2

Can't really blame Flanagan if he gets a chance to manage his home county.  The last thing we need is another new manager appointed on Christmas eve
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

moysider

Why doesn t the likes of O Hara, Sloyan, McGuire, Taylor etc. take an interest?

Huge respect for those lads. Those are the ones that need to take it up. Jordan and Walsh were riddled. Why look to outside?

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on September 30, 2014, 12:35:26 AM

Why doesn t the likes of O Hara, Sloyan, McGuire, Taylor etc. take an interest?

Huge respect for those lads. Those are the ones that need to take it up. Jordan and Walsh were riddled. Why look to outside?

Do you really think the powers that be in Sligo would let O'Hara near the senior hot-seat after last year, Moy?

sligoman2

Why not, eoh Would be a good choice even without prior managerial experience.  We need passion not politics

magpie seanie

The county board need to cop themselves on with this managerial stuff. "I'll manage ye if I don't get a better offer" - to be honest that doesn't cut it for me, especially from someone who didn't set the world on fire. We're not brilliant but have we any wee bit of pride left at all?

QuoteWhy not, eoh Would be a good choice even without prior managerial experience.  We need passion not politics

I agree with the sentiments here, especially the last bit. Unfortunately, the reality on the ground is that politics will win out as they almost always have in Sligo. "We're the bosses and if ye kick us out we'll wreck things until ye beg us back...." 

SLIGONIAN

This management fiasco is really pissing me off, its 10 weeks since cork beat us and were allowing this man to tout himself for the offaly job and leave us in shit creek once again. Its just typical of the cb with there history of late appointments. Flanagan didn't even do that good a job imo. Even if he decides to stay, he's lost a lot of respect within the county regarding his reluctance to take the job. We were aswell saying good luck a few weeks ago and looking for someone new.

People are laughing at mayo cb at least they only took 3 weeks to get there management sorted. Our cb continue to disgrace us and will continue to do so into the foreseeable future.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

sligoman2

I just noticed this on sligogaa - it looks like we have decided to part with Pat as he can't commit which I assume means he will be the Offaly manager.  Does anyone have Horans cell phone number?

The Executive of Sligo GAA County Committee has authorised a sub-committee to seek out a suitable person to manage the senior County football panel.
This decision was arrived at due to the continued uncertainty regarding Pat Flanagan's availability to remain in the role.
An Coiste Bainistí acknowledge Pat's undoubted talent as a manager and his recent positive contribution to Sligo football.
We wish him the very best for the future.
Gavin Cawley PRO
For and on behalf of Sligo GAA County Executive.

moysider

Good move by Sligo CB but should have been done much sooner.

sligoman2

Any gossip around who the new man will be?

Hopefully they nail it down quickly and we can move on.

Is Tommy Brehony a possibility.