Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

That's another man down - a good few men have left the panel now for various reasons.
Hopefully the new men will slot in and step up at the same time

Under Lights

Damning of management that so many have opted out. Can't remember so many doing this under all MH years

skeog

Plenty left under MH for various reasons.People leave for different reasons.Remember the sacrifices that players make to be part of a county panel nowadays.For some its there life for others its a pastime.

Degrassi Hi

Many did leave under the MH regime. He lost 5 or 6 from East Tyrone on one night. But, MH seemed to be capable of holding on to the bulk of players from his successful minor & u21 squads but this doesn't seem to be the case with regards to the current set-up with the likes of the two Brennans & Bradley turning their backs on them. A real shame to lose all of them but their clubs will benefit.

Scoring Zone

Its very easy to hold onto lads that don't have the medal and squad that was just good enough to do it if they got a break - Logan and Dooher got them over the line and it looks like a lot of them are happy with their lot or don't want to sit around on the bench (bar Bradley). I think it could be a rough enough 2-3 years as the more established and dominant players transition out and the younger lads get their feet - as there is nothing but potential atm

tyrone08

Quote from: Scoring Zone on December 11, 2022, 10:22:36 PM
Its very easy to hold onto lads that don't have the medal and squad that was just good enough to do it if they got a break - Logan and Dooher got them over the line and it looks like a lot of them are happy with their lot or don't want to sit around on the bench (bar Bradley). I think it could be a rough enough 2-3 years as the more established and dominant players transition out and the younger lads get their feet - as there is nothing but potential atm

Would agree. Thought dooher and Co would take a few years to rebuild however I think the AI masked over the cracks. They will need time and I think the best thing we can hope for is an ulster championship which will be difficult.

ClubScene13

The dates and times of our national league games as per the GAA master fixture plan:
May be subject to change for TV I'm not too sure, but this is what they are as stands.

Roscommon v Tyrone, Hyde Park Roscommon (Round 1) – Sunday 29th January 1:30pm
Tyrone v Donegal, Healy Park Omagh (Round 2) – Sunday 5th February 2:00pm
Galway v Tyrone, St Jarlath's Park Tuam (Round 3) – Sunday 19th February 1:45pm
Mayo v Tyrone, MacHale Park Castlebar (Round 4) – Saturday 25th February 7:00pm
Tyrone v Kerry, Healy Park Omagh (Round 5) – Sunday 5th March 12:45pm
Monaghan v Tyrone, St Tiernach's Park Clones (Round 6) – Sunday 19th March 2:00pm
Tyrone v Armagh, Healy Park Omagh (Round 7) – Sunday 26th March 1:45pm

Allianz National League Finals (Top 2 in each division) - Saturday 1st April / Sunday 2nd April

Ulster Quarter Final v Monaghan on Sunday 16th April

RoundBall

Fermanagh and Derry in the McKenna Cup.
An Ríocht Uí Néill

RoundBall

Any update on new faces in the Senior panel?
An Ríocht Uí Néill

Redhand Santa

Any word at all of a McKenna Cup panel? I think it's bad form they don't release a panel at all to at least give recognition to the boys called up. It was a guessing game as to who was in the extended panel last year. Hard to know what kind of line up we'll see on Wednesday.

Under Lights

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 02, 2023, 12:17:56 PM
Any word at all of a McKenna Cup panel? I think it's bad form they don't release a panel at all to at least give recognition to the boys called up. It was a guessing game as to who was in the extended panel last year. Hard to know what kind of line up we'll see on Wednesday.

Current management team have no manners when it comes to naming championship teams and panels they are hardly going to do it for mckenna cup

Redhand Santa

Yeah that was my point about last year. Can't understand all the secrecy. Extended panel members deserve recognition for work they're putting in.

God14

It'll prob take a year or two to come out, but fairly amateurush set up is what I am hearing time & again. Won Sam and earned huge credit, by making some genuine excellent tweaks to an existing set up.
I have little faith in current management arrangement to be honest. Some really underwhelming reports

Joint managers... Really?

Jim Bob

Quote from: God14 on January 02, 2023, 06:35:49 PM
It'll prob take a year or two to come out, but fairly amateurush set up is what I am hearing time & again. Won Sam and earned huge credit, by making some genuine excellent tweaks to an existing set up.
I have little faith in current management arrangement to be honest. Some really underwhelming reports

Joint managers... Really?

Aye really. You are hearing @@@@ all. Stop stirring

Under Lights

Tbf to the above poster I hear the exact same.