Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: toby47 on January 16, 2023, 01:49:11 PM
There was only 1 bad tackle in the game, a complete over reaction to be talking about how dirty/ugly a game it was. I thought it was a brilliant game, a lot better than the 2nd game.

There were 2 bad tackles. The Fossa player only got yellow for his.

BIGONE

Genuinely think it only merited a yellow though. Tell ye what though boys, if that is Anton Coyles last game - would he sell those boots!? class!!

trailer

Quote from: 03,05,08 on January 16, 2023, 03:59:21 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 16, 2023, 08:38:51 AM
Definite discipline problem in Tyrone football. Imagine swinging that elbow at another person and thinking that behaviour is OK? Could have done all sorts of damage. Stewartstown got what they deserved in the end.

Don't see how the actions of one club would mean the whole of Tyrone have a discipline problem??
Galbally played the game fairly so going by your logic does that mean that Tyrone football is played fairly by all teams and is well disciplined?

I'm not going off the actions of Stewartstown yesterday.

trailer

Quote from: clarshack on January 16, 2023, 04:30:38 PM
Quote from: toby47 on January 16, 2023, 01:49:11 PM
There was only 1 bad tackle in the game, a complete over reaction to be talking about how dirty/ugly a game it was. I thought it was a brilliant game, a lot better than the 2nd game.

There were 2 bad tackles. The Fossa player only got yellow for his.

Classing that elbow as a tackle is half the problem. It wasn't a tackle. Coyle wasn't fit to be on the same pitch as most of the other Fossa players and couldn't take his beating instead he elbowed his opponent. Simple as.

nrico2006

Anybody motice a passage of play near the end of the Galbally game, a Kerry attacker was between right wing and right corner forward when the defender from Galbally, with the BC comb-over, lunged into him but bounced off him and ended up on his hole. The Kerry forward toe tapped, barely flinched amd steadied himself for a free shot on goal but the referee gave a free against him. As bad a call as I've saw.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

WT4E

Quote from: skeog on January 16, 2023, 11:23:56 AM
Parading with bottles of Buckfast last night may not have been a good idea.

Have to agree the bottles of Buckfast where a poor choice. Fair play to them for parading. Gave their supporters a great year.

clarshack

Quote from: BIGONE on January 16, 2023, 04:39:08 PM
Genuinely think it only merited a yellow though. Tell ye what though boys, if that is Anton Coyles last game - would he sell those boots!? class!!

Even the guys on Radio Kerry couldn't believe it was only yellow.

Gold

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 16, 2023, 05:02:23 PM
Anybody motice a passage of play near the end of the Galbally game, a Kerry attacker was between right wing and right corner forward when the defender from Galbally, with the BC comb-over, lunged into him but bounced off him and ended up on his hole. The Kerry forward toe tapped, barely flinched amd steadied himself for a free shot on goal but the referee gave a free against him. As bad a call as I've saw.

Seen that. Ridiculous. Awful call by the ref too
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

LeoMc

Quote from: WT4E on January 16, 2023, 06:00:51 PM
Quote from: skeog on January 16, 2023, 11:23:56 AM
Parading with bottles of Buckfast last night may not have been a good idea.

Have to agree the bottles of Buckfast where a poor choice. Fair play to them for parading. Gave their supporters a great year.
Maybe the Wine Rack was out of Moet.

WT4E

I'm just seeing the nut crunching video now.... your really up against here Clarshack. Maybe a time for self reflection for the Harps?

cearrbhach

I'm sure Harps can be delighted with an unbeaten 2022. What a superb achievement and credit where credit is due. Has it ever been achieved before in Tyrone adult football? Some of the posters here could look in the mirror and examine their personal or their club's own deficiencies, but that's unlikely to happen with losers. Some of the nasty, petty and vindictive comments from so-called GAA supporters (I'd like to think it's not Tyrone people) against Stewartstown's success is pathetic, and I'd dare say the keyboard warriors making the comments have never actually played the game. Well done to both Galbally and Stewartstown who are both Ulster Champions right now. 👏👏

MajorShields26

Not from tyrone but was recently speaking to someone from Coalisland recently and they were quite passionate about east tyrone and west tyrone rivalry. Can anyone explain further as I just don't get it?

ClubScene13

Quote from: MajorShields26 on November 11, 2022, 10:14:26 AM
Errigal and Galbally ulster double is no doubt in my opinion. Potential for Tyrone clubs to win senior, intermediate and junior all ireland. all thanks to the late start for the county giving our best clubs a bit more focus. Master stroke from county board

Good man back on the wind up again Shieldsy

RedHand88

Quote from: MajorShields26 on January 17, 2023, 11:51:46 AM
Not from tyrone but was recently speaking to someone from Coalisland recently and they were quite passionate about east tyrone and west tyrone rivalry. Can anyone explain further as I just don't get it?

East Tyrone are civilised.

West Tyrone... ever see The Hills Have Eyes?

tbrick18

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 17, 2023, 12:42:10 PM
Quote from: MajorShields26 on January 17, 2023, 11:51:46 AM

East Tyrone are civilised.

West Tyrone... ever see The Hills Have Eyes?

I've never before heard anyone suggest that Moortown, Ardboe, Clonoe, Derrytresk or Coalisland were civilised!  ;) ;D ;D
You could use The Hills Have Eyes analogy for the entire county!  :P ;D ;D