Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 15, 2022, 07:16:41 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on November 15, 2022, 07:07:25 PM
Any truth that no ACL until next July?

I doubt they'll have confirmed anything that far ahead until (a) GAA Congress is done, (b) Central fixture list for 2023 is published, and (c) the dust has settled from whatever has been brought up/passed after the County Convention.

In any case, good luck fitting fifteen rounds of the ACFL alongside championship games between July and the end of October - and that's assuming there's no fortnight's break at the start of July like there usually is.

Any word on whos going for Chair etc at convention ? Might have an impact too

Eire90

I doubt they'll have confirmed anything that far ahead until (a) GAA Congress is done, (b) Central fixture list for 2023 is published, and (c) the dust has settled from whatever has been brought up/passed after the County Convention.

In any case, good luck fitting fifteen rounds of the ACFL alongside championship games between July and the end of October - and that's assuming there's no fortnight's break at the start of July like there usually is.

if  they start in july would they have to play midweek and weekend games.Would it better to start earlier then have  month break half way through for holidays.

Onthe40

jes you couldnt keep club players sitting idle to july

would have to be a pre league comp or something

clarshack

it couldn't really start later than it did this year. why July? is it to do with new all-ireland format?

Eire90

July would be like 10 months off for some clubs

Goals_Will_Come

Coming off one of the best run Senior formats in years, it would be madness to change and push it later in the year. Club players want to be playing in the best months (April-October)

smort

Div 3 started the first weekend in May, intermediate and senior a couple of weeks later. Don't think anybody could complain about the season just gone, so I guess if it's not broke, don't fix it

redzone

Quote from: Eire90 on November 16, 2022, 07:42:26 AM

if  they start in july would they have to play midweek and weekend games.Would it better to start earlier then have  month break half way through for holidays.
I've never heard anyone come up with a month break for the holidays. Why not take two and really enjoy the summer

Mikhailov

Div 1 & 2 we're down to start first weekend of May but was delayed 2 weeks as U20's got to AI final. Early May is perfect, league is then played in the best of conditions for both player and spectator and Friday nights are best for as long as the daylight allows

WT4E

What about your football. When will minors start will it be the same as last year? As far as I can remember our U17s started in march and ended in september. 6 months is a long season for lads and managers!

RedHand88

I was a fan of the Friday night games. I can understand why it didn't suit players with work and that but from a spectator point of view, it started the weekend nicely.

Under Lights

If they went ahead and played the reserve league from March it would a good way to ensure Friday night games through to September as one fixture only required.

redhandloo

Quote from: Under Lights on November 17, 2022, 10:16:32 AM
If they went ahead and played the reserve league from March it would a good way to ensure Friday night games through to September as one fixture only required.

I like this idea because it also makes it easier for smaller clubs (like ours) to field in all games.  The double header has proved problematic for a lot of Division 3 clubs in recent years.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

square_ball

A regionalised reserve league would work well with the idea that Under Lights suggested there imo. 2 divisions of 12 in both east and west of the county. Less travelling involved for reserve players but with the competitive nature of promotion/relegation involved. I can't see it happening but just an idea.

Tyrone95

A few managerial departures in Division 1 from what I have heard the last couple of days - let the merry-go-round of rumours begin.......