Quote from: the prodigy on November 08, 2022, 03:56:13 PM
Quote from: God14 on November 08, 2022, 03:27:04 PM
Quote from: The Coddfather on November 08, 2022, 03:06:08 PM
Quote from: BIGONE on November 08, 2022, 02:52:24 PM
Quote from: The Coddfather on November 08, 2022, 02:34:04 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 08, 2022, 11:33:01 AM
Quote from: The Coddfather on November 08, 2022, 11:04:02 AM
Quote from: BIGONE on November 08, 2022, 10:56:15 AM
Is it true the cops are involved in the Clonoe/Moy saga?

I hope not. However, it wouldn't be out of character from a club full of stoops like the Moy.

Wise up. This will carry on until somebody is killed on a GAA pitch. This week of all weeks you should know that one punch is enough to kill someone.

So running crying to the RUC is the solution?

How cowardly.

I would say breaking someones jaw from behind, unprovoked is more cowardly.

I'm not defending the Clonoe man however, he obviously didn't intend to break his jaw.

If you've ever played football past U12 level, you would know sometimes in the heat of the moment you may act without rational thought. I feel that in this case, an investigation by the County Board is necessary and subsequent sanctions should be put in place.

Crown involvement should be completely off the table.

What a load of shite. Give your head a wobble lad

I think he has a fair enough point, county board investigation is plenty and it should be based on whatever the referee report says.

Seems you wouldn't have to go past u 12 in Clonoe

A few weeks back our u9.5s were playing in a comp. in Brocagh, was near the area and seen on social media our boys had reached shield final so called in on way past

Clonoe and Killyman were in the cup final, which for some reason was played before the shield, Killyman beat them

After the final whistle Clonoe youngster emptied Killyman player from behind and drew the boot off him when he hit the ground

He possibly missed with the kick, but intention was there, and although only a lad, he knew how to throw a punch and all his weight was behind it, would do damage considering the lad on the receiving end is the same size

The Killyman youngster by no means in any way seemed to provoke it, yes, he was probably cheering but was not in the lad's face and wasn't unsportsmanlike

Now, all kids can make mistakes and lose their rag, so I'm not judging the Clonoe youngster in anyway here

BUT... no-one from Clonoe camp seemed to bat an eyelid, like it was normal behaviour, this should be well coached out of youngsters at that age, he was just lined up with his teammates to receive his medal.

If that's acceptable at u 9.5 then last weekend antics shouldn't be much of a Suprise

I could be completely of the mark here and the youngster could have been reprimanded afterwards, and if so, I stand corrected, at least it was addressed retrospectively

But again, seemed like it was no big deal at the time to the Clonoe camp, you would have thought the lad should have been removed from the pitch and dealt with straight away to deter him from doing it again or at least thinking twice if it crossed his mind

breakingball78

Surely that is an attempt of a troll?

Tyrone Gaa

All this talk of STOOPS and RUC, holy good god, it's not 1990.

Biggest STOOP in the country is Michelle O'Neill if you're writing the cack.

I've already said I'd prefer the county board be given the opportunity to deal with the issue without the need for Police or Civil procedures outside of GAA disciplinary guidelines.

Regarding the Referee's report, I don't think it will hold much weight as the Jawbreaker was not cautioned or noted by the referee, unless there is a video used he could walk away unscathed. If that's the case then I believe that's where you begin to question the process.

Both camps have been quiet, as have the media. Let's wait and see what comes from Tyrone
CCC. It should be robust and deal with the matter sufficiently, that's the challenge.
Living the dream!!!

Throw It Up Ref

Quote from: the prodigy on November 08, 2022, 03:52:40 PM

I hope not. However, it wouldn't be out of character from a club full of stoops like the Moy.

Wise up. This will carry on until somebody is killed on a GAA pitch. This week of all weeks you should know that one punch is enough to kill someone.

How cowardly.

breaking someone's jaw from behind is cowardly but that wasn't the case here. It was front on, he had a chance to protect himself.

Wow... The above just shows how far apart society is.

RedHand88

How cowardly.

What an absolute dose of dung.

The Coddfather

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 08, 2022, 07:17:47 PM

How cowardly.

What an absolute dose of dung.

You have a tendency to post replies such as this when your limited IQ is tested. Give yourself a good pat on the back with that big red hand of yours.

the prodigy

Quote from: guiganGael on November 08, 2022, 04:39:49 PM

How cowardly.

I'm not defending the Clonoe man however, he obviously didn't intend to break his jaw.

If you've ever played football past U12 level, you would know sometimes in the heat of the moment you may act without rational thought. I feel that in this case, an investigation by the County Board is necessary and subsequent sanctions should be put in place.

I think he has a fair enough point, county board investigation is plenty and it should be based on whatever the referee report says.

A few weeks back our u9.5s were playing in a comp. in Brocagh, was near the area and seen on social media our boys had reached shield final so called in on way past

Clonoe and Killyman were in the cup final, which for some reason was played before the shield, Killyman beat them

After the final whistle Clonoe youngster emptied Killyman player from behind and drew the boot off him when he hit the ground

He possibly missed with the kick, but intention was there, and although only a lad, he knew how to throw a punch and all his weight was behind it, would do damage considering the lad on the receiving end is the same size

The Killyman youngster by no means in any way seemed to provoke it, yes, he was probably cheering but was not in the lad's face and wasn't unsportsmanlike

Now, all kids can make mistakes and lose their rag, so I'm not judging the Clonoe youngster in anyway here

BUT... no-one from Clonoe camp seemed to bat an eyelid, like it was normal behaviour, this should be well coached out of youngsters at that age, he was just lined up with his teammates to receive his medal.

If that's acceptable at u 9.5 then last weekend antics shouldn't be much of a Suprise

I could be completely of the mark here and the youngster could have been reprimanded afterwards, and if so, I stand corrected, at least it was addressed retrospectively

But again, seemed like it was no big deal at the time to the Clonoe camp, you would have thought the lad should have been removed from the pitch and dealt with straight away to deter him from doing it again or at least thinking twice if it crossed his mind

It's getting worse on here! Suppose your looking the police involved here too? Did you get the child's number we can track him down and get him done for attempted murder.

nrico2006

Quote from: the prodigy on November 08, 2022, 09:43:20 PM

How cowardly.

It's getting worse on here! Suppose your looking the police involved here too? Did you get the child's number we can track him down and get him done for attempted murder.

Only a sc**bag fires a punch during a match. Cowardly whether from the front or behind. Having a chance to defend yourself means what exactly? No player would be expecting a punch and even if facing it, unless they are a fighter they wouldn't have a clue how to properly defend it. If somebody does serious damage to someone through an assault in the pitch then I would love to see them dealt with by the police.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jim Bob

What is wrong with getting the police involved ?

TirEoghainGael

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 08, 2022, 11:49:27 PM
What is wrong with getting the police involved ?
If you're asking that you shouldn't be on a GAA board

Wildweasel74

See that's the problem, when someone is killed on the fball field and it will happen some day, what good the Gaa  rules then. This don't involve the police is alot of crap from a bygone error. If there's ever a referendum for a United Ireland and we win, u better believe we need be overstocked with Catholics in the police as things could get messy on it with Loyalists.

the prodigy

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 08, 2022, 10:42:22 PM
Quote from: the prodigy on November 08, 2022, 09:43:20 PM

How cowardly.

Only a sc**bag fires a punch during a match. Cowardly whether from the front or behind. Having a chance to defend yourself means what exactly? No player would be expecting a punch and even if facing it, unless they are a fighter they wouldn't have a clue how to properly defend it. If somebody does serious damage to someone through an assault in the pitch then I would love to see them dealt with by the police.

If your insulting people and acting aggressively you absolutely should be expecting a punch. You wouldn't get away with slabbering and acting like that on the street or in work without expecting a slap. If a player is playing away minding his own business it will be very unlikely he will get hit. If your involved in a pushing and arguing match with the wrong boy you end up hurt. Team managers should really keep that in mind when they walk onto the pitch. 

smort

Prodigy, you need to stop. In work?!  :o 'the wrong boy'  :o

BIGONE

Prodigy has mince between his ears I think

LeoMc

The "wrong boy" should not be on the field as he will let his team down when it matters.