Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on August 28, 2022, 10:15:26 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 28, 2022, 09:37:44 PM
Quote from: square_ball on August 28, 2022, 09:14:59 PM
I think I would be ruling them out to be honest. It will be between the 3 big hitters. Anyone know the last time a team done the double in Division 3?

It was certainly prior to 2009 anyway - not an easy double to achieve with several Div 3 winners reaching the JFC final in recent years but falling at the last hurdle.

Yeah I thought it was a long time alright. Can remember the likes of Eskra and Aghaloo losing finals in the past 6 or 7 years having already won the league title. Maybe even Stewartstown as well themselves won the league and Killyman beat them in the junior championship final in 2010 I can remember?

Yes we were bankers to beat Killyman in 2010 but a lot of things conspired against us that day. A Division 3 league is not easy done as you can't even afford to lose one game, never mind doing a double.

Under Lights

To some scramble next Sunday evening working out who is in relegation playoffs.

laceer

Quote from: clarshack on August 28, 2022, 10:45:49 PM
Quote from: square_ball on August 28, 2022, 10:15:26 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 28, 2022, 09:37:44 PM
Quote from: square_ball on August 28, 2022, 09:14:59 PM
I think I would be ruling them out to be honest. It will be between the 3 big hitters. Anyone know the last time a team done the double in Division 3?

It was certainly prior to 2009 anyway - not an easy double to achieve with several Div 3 winners reaching the JFC final in recent years but falling at the last hurdle.

Yeah I thought it was a long time alright. Can remember the likes of Eskra and Aghaloo losing finals in the past 6 or 7 years having already won the league title. Maybe even Stewartstown as well themselves won the league and Killyman beat them in the junior championship final in 2010 I can remember?

Yes we were bankers to beat Killyman in 2010 but a lot of things conspired against us that day. A Division 3 league is not easy done as you can't even afford to lose one game, never mind doing a double.

Harsh enough red card for James Kelly in that 2010 final if I remember rightly?

Killyman won Junior double in 05.

Jim Bob

Teamtalk twitter did a great job on the last day last year letting us know the standings as the games developed over the afternoon ..

rrhf

Fantastic coverage at the weekend also..

clarshack

In what year did Derrylaughan seniors last win in Rahilly Park before yesterday?

Eire90

im hearing thier was some short of shooting incident a pub involving errigaL ciaran

bigtogs

Quote from: clarshack on August 29, 2022, 08:34:56 PM
In what year did Derrylaughan seniors last win in Rahilly Park before yesterday?

From memory mid 80's, though from 1989 to 2011 they were not many fixtures between the two clubs.

Tyrone11234

I assume Trillick is still going out to beat Clonoe ?

RedHand88

Clonoe are in serious serious bother.

square_ball

A win on Sunday doesn't really do anything for them does it in terms of avoiding even the play offs? Galbally/pomeroy/edendork will be a tough play off final match too if they get as far as that stage. As RedHand says they are in serious bother. There'll be some inquests in Clonoe if they do suffer relegation.

Under Lights

Quote from: square_ball on August 30, 2022, 10:19:23 AM
A win on Sunday doesn't really do anything for them does it in terms of avoiding even the play offs? Galbally/pomeroy/edendork will be a tough play off final match too if they get as far as that stage. As RedHand says they are in serious bother. There'll be some inquests in Clonoe if they do suffer relegation.

The writing has been on the wall for the last number of years though.

Redhand Santa

If they lose and Derrylaughen win then they are straight down so it's definitely important for them. Also if the Moy and Moortown lose and they win they could get out of the playoffs.

Hopefully all teams respect the competition and take the final round serious.

BG_Gael

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 30, 2022, 10:49:02 AM
Quote from: Tyrone11234 on August 30, 2022, 10:09:53 AM
I assume Trillick is still going out to beat Clonoe ?

Trillick are the kind of club to do favours to no one, which is fair enough TBH. At the same time I doubt they'll go into fifth gear against Clonoe just to secure home advantage in a league semi final.

Also I see the Minor Football Grade 1 Championship Final between Donaghmore & Eglish is being held in Fintona tomorrow night. Now I'm not complaining, glad to have one of the biggest games of the year on my doorstep, but was a venue in the east of Tyrone not available that would have been closer for both competing sides?

What hold do Fintona have over the County Board? How does a training pitch get so many championship games? I also see there are Senior Championship games fixed there too. Are the lights even proper match lights? Hardly inspiring going to play Championship on a training pitch,  not even a stand or anything for supporters. Bit of a joke really that it gets so many games, considering how good the set up on the bottom pitch is and it doesn't get any anymore.

W.A.G. Lover

There is Gortin's motivation for the play-offs