Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inroundthesquare

Quote from: on the sideline on August 22, 2022, 12:00:53 AM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on August 21, 2022, 11:53:19 PM
Folks, would I be right in saying that if 2 teams finish level on points the outcome of the H2H game between the two sides will determine who finishes higher in the league?
And if more than 2 teams were to finish level then it would be ranked in order of the best score difference between all sides involved?

If 2 level yes head to head. If 3 or more level does it not come down to effectively a mini league between the teams involved? Eg team a, b and c finish level on points. So to determine the order which they finish in you go back to the results of the games involving those teams against each other in a mini/head to head league.

If team A beat B and C, they'll finish highest of the 3
And then B beat C, they will finish second with team C bottom of the 3.
If that makes sense?

If level after that score difference, I think.

That's my understanding of it anyway.
Fionn or someone else may know better or have the guidelines to post.

So for example if the league ended now in division 2, with Eskra, Clogher and Tattyreagh all on 6 points - would Eskra finish bottom because they only got a point from the 2 games against the other teams? Whereas Tattyreagh got 3 and Clogher got 2

Current table shows in order of scoring difference
14. Tattyreagh
15. Eskra
16. Clogher

WT4E

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 27, 2022, 04:16:56 PM
Quote from: inroundthesquare on August 27, 2022, 04:06:18 PMSo for example if the league ended now in division 2, with Eskra, Clogher and T***yreagh all on 6 points - would Eskra finish bottom because they only got a point from the 2 games against the other teams? Whereas T***yreagh got 3 and Clogher got 2

14. T***yreagh
15. Eskra
16. Clogher

BiB - Yes. T***yreagh in 14th, Clogher in 15th & Eskra 16th is how it would finish. Eskra would be relegated whereas the other two would be in a relegation play-off with home advantage to T***yreagh - loser would be relegated with the winner facing a team from Division 3 (from the four in their promotion play-off) in an interdivisional play-off.

29. When teams finish with equal points for qualification for the concluding staged, or for
promotion or relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order
specified:
i) The outcome of the meeting(s) of the teams in the previous game(s) in the
competition
ii) The largest scoring difference (subtracting the total scores against from the total
scores for) in the meetings of the teams in the previous game(s)
iii) The highest total scores for, in the meeting(s) of the teams in the previous game(s)
iv) Largest overall league scoring difference (subtracting the total scores against from
total scores for)
v) The highest overall league total score for
vi) A playoff
Exceptions:
a) In relation to means outlined in (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above, if the accumulated scores of a
team, so involved, are affected by a disqualification, loss of game on a proven objection,
retirement or walk over, the tie shall be decided by playoff.
b) Regulations (i), (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) shall not apply to Under16 or younger ag

Would the above not indicate it goes to score diff as none of the teams lost twice?

LeoMc

Quote from: WT4E on August 28, 2022, 11:50:40 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 27, 2022, 04:16:56 PM
Quote from: inroundthesquare on August 27, 2022, 04:06:18 PMSo for example if the league ended now in division 2, with Eskra, Clogher and T***yreagh all on 6 points - would Eskra finish bottom because they only got a point from the 2 games against the other teams? Whereas T***yreagh got 3 and Clogher got 2

14. T***yreagh
15. Eskra
16. Clogher

BiB - Yes. T***yreagh in 14th, Clogher in 15th & Eskra 16th is how it would finish. Eskra would be relegated whereas the other two would be in a relegation play-off with home advantage to T***yreagh - loser would be relegated with the winner facing a team from Division 3 (from the four in their promotion play-off) in an interdivisional play-off.

29. When teams finish with equal points for qualification for the concluding staged, or for
promotion or relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order
specified:
i) The outcome of the meeting(s) of the teams in the previous game(s) in the
competition
ii) The largest scoring difference (subtracting the total scores against from the total
scores for) in the meetings of the teams in the previous game(s)
iii) The highest total scores for, in the meeting(s) of the teams in the previous game(s)
iv) Largest overall league scoring difference (subtracting the total scores against from
total scores for)
v) The highest overall league total score for
vi) A playoff
Exceptions:
a) In relation to means outlined in (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above, if the accumulated scores of a
team, so involved, are affected by a disqualification, loss of game on a proven objection,
retirement or walk over, the tie shall be decided by playoff.
b) Regulations (i), (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) shall not apply to Under16 or younger ag

Would the above not indicate it goes to score diff as none of the teams lost twice?
I thought that i would be sufficient if Tattyreagh finished ahead on the head to heads across the 3.

Under Lights

Great summary. Expecting Moortown to drop.

Localexpert

Can the clonoe posters confirm did stevie mcdoll$r convince the county lads to miss out on all ireland medals to win the championship or survive relegation  ::)

square_ball

There'll be some wheeling and dealing looking for handy points this week.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: square_ball on August 28, 2022, 07:10:27 PM

I don't know that anyone will be willing to take part in skullduggery next weekend. Nobody wants to go into championship on the back of a loss. Could be a bit of squad rotation but those players will be bursting a gut looking a championship start.

It's all in the mix in both divisions 1 & 2 next weekend great to see
Living the dream!!!

RedHand88

See the Moy put 5 goals past Coalisland to send Clonoe into deeper relegation trouble...

clarshack

Urney seem to be peaking for the Junior Championship, that's 3 good wins since we beat them well at the start of the month. You wouldn't rule them out.

Tyrone11234

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 28, 2022, 07:42:54 PM

See the Moy put 5 goals past Coalisland to send Clonoe into deeper relegation trouble...
A strange one.....

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on August 28, 2022, 07:56:42 PM

A strange one.....

They got 3 v dromore last week and by all accounts could have had 6. Coalisland conceded 4 goals last week. Don't think they've a fully settled team yet and a few niggly injuries.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on August 28, 2022, 07:56:42 PM

A strange one.....

Nothing strange about it. Moy very good

square_ball

Quote from: clarshack on August 28, 2022, 07:44:54 PM
Urney seem to be peaking for the Junior Championship, that's 3 good wins since we beat them well at the start of the month. You wouldn't rule them out.

I think I would be ruling them out to be honest. It will be between the 3 big hitters. Anyone know the last time a team done the double in Division 3?

square_ball

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 28, 2022, 09:37:44 PM
Quote from: square_ball on August 28, 2022, 09:14:59 PM
I think I would be ruling them out to be honest. It will be between the 3 big hitters. Anyone know the last time a team done the double in Division 3?

It was certainly prior to 2009 anyway - not an easy double to achieve with several Div 3 winners reaching the JFC final in recent years but falling at the last hurdle.

Yeah I thought it was a long time alright. Can remember the likes of Eskra and Aghaloo losing finals in the past 6 or 7 years having already won the league title. Maybe even Stewartstown as well themselves won the league and Killyman beat them in the junior championship final in 2010 I can remember?

clarshack

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 28, 2022, 09:37:44 PM
Quote from: square_ball on August 28, 2022, 09:14:59 PM

It was certainly prior to 2009 anyway - not an easy double to achieve with several Div 3 winners reaching the JFC final in recent years but falling at the last hurdle.

Rock definitely did it in 2007 but not sure after that.