Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

To be able to give u13s and u17s a 4 month season without overlapping the u15 season and putting even more strain on clubs with limited numbers is to go March-June and July-October. You will have the same issues with soccer/rugby at the back end of the u15 season.

LeoMc

Quote from: In hiding on March 21, 2022, 12:44:46 PM
Quote from: square_ball on March 21, 2022, 12:00:33 PM
Would agree with that too. Going by the school years makes sense to me and would do away with the bad birthday scenario.
There will always be bad birthdays.
They will just be moved from Oct, Nov, Dec to April, May and June
At least with the current groupings a bad club birthday is a good birthday for school football and vice versa.

Onthe40

Maybe, but only the elite get picked for the school teams, if you have lads from small clubs your trying to develop in the same year group who are overage and their classmate isn't, it doesn't really help

marty34

I like the current system.

U7.5's, U9.5's and U11.5's - that's up to primary school leaving age.  That way, they can play with all their classmates.

Then when the go to secondary school, they use the 'bad birthday' model.  I see some soccer clubs seem to use the year the kids were born, i.e. 2009's and 2010's etc.

Could that be looked at?

square_ball

Quote from: Onthe40 on March 22, 2022, 09:09:29 AM
Maybe, but only the elite get picked for the school teams, if you have lads from small clubs your trying to develop in the same year group who are overage and their classmate isn't, it doesn't really help

Yeah I don't think having a 'good birthday' for school football will be any consolation for a Stewartstown who have no u13 team or other clubs struggling with numbers. I think a school year is a cleaner cut off point for underage football imo. However it doesn't sound like it will be changing any time soon so clubs will just have to get on with things the way they are.

thewobbler

Quote from: marty34 on March 22, 2022, 09:26:07 AM

U7.5's, U9.5's and U11.5's - that's up to primary school leaving age.  That way, they can play with all their classmates.

Then when the go to secondary school, they use the 'bad birthday' model.  I see some soccer clubs seem to use the year the kids were born, i.e. 2009's and 2010's etc.

Could that be looked at?

Is the year you're born ie the 2009s, the 2010s, etc not the exact same thing as the "bad birthday" mode?

LeoMc

Quote from: Onthe40 on March 22, 2022, 09:09:29 AM
It doesn't but there will always be bad birthdays, wherever the line is drawn, be it 31st December or 01st July unless we go down the size weight based route or allow players to select their own level.

Onthe40

why not just go u13.5, u15.5, u17.5 like the schools..no brainer.

marty34

Quote from: thewobbler on March 22, 2022, 07:12:17 PM
Quote from: marty34 on March 22, 2022, 09:26:07 AM

Could that be looked at?

Is the year you're born ie the 2009s, the 2010s, etc not the exact same thing as the "bad birthday" mode?

Yeah, you're right wobbler. I wouldn't mind say age group up to leaving primary school and then U13, U15 etc.

GlenMan

Quote from: Onthe40 on March 23, 2022, 10:04:03 AM
why not just go u13.5, u15.5, u17.5 like the schools..no brainer.

Official Guide sets 1st January as the cut off. That would have to be changed at Congress which is highly highly unlikely.

BIGONE

Any latest on Greencastle saga? Can't sort fixtures until there is a decision I suppose.

skeog

It will end up in the European Court by all accounts.

bogball88

Goals_Will_Come will know what the score is, hes involved in the senior set up

GetTheBallIn

I'm a Greencastle man myself and this group are keeping It very tight-knit. Would love a bit of transparency from the club

Is Pat McNabb the new man in with Urney?