Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Michael Kerr needs to be tonight considering his position, alongside the county treasurer. For any chairman to oversee a charge to young u16 children to see their club side participate in a club final is scandalous.

Success is often the breeding ground for success. To put up a barrier to young people witnessing championship glory is unforgivable.

Watch them U Turn quicker than a Tory government.

Clubs should not forget this come convention time and voting a new chairperson if anyone stands against him.
Living the dream!!!

GlenMan

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 10, 2021, 08:52:48 PM
Michael Kerr needs to be tonight considering his position, alongside the county treasurer. For any chairman to oversee a charge to young u16 children to see their club side participate in a club final is scandalous.

Success is often the breeding ground for success. To put up a barrier to young people witnessing championship glory is unforgivable.

Watch them U Turn quicker than a Tory government.

Clubs should not forget this come convention time and voting a new chairperson if anyone stands against him.

I've seen this thrown about a lot today. AFAIK, there has always been a small charge for stand tickets at the county final for U16. Admission to the terrace is still free for U16. Lets get some perspective instead of jumping on the bandwagon.

Tyrone Gaa

Not jumping on any bandwagon. This is my opinion that others seem to share. Only I'm going a step further and saying heads should roll. Anyone that thought this was acceptable should question why they are doing the role and how are they promoting our games.

Tyrone are all Ireland champions. I'm sure there is increased funds that already come from that success. I'm thinking more sponsorship, donations etc. this year we've had an unbelievable championship, the standard was exceptional. To charge £3 for a child to watch a club game is WRONG!!

Kerr to go, along with the treasurer!!
Living the dream!!!

RedHand88

It's 3 quid ffs. Take them to the cinema instead if you want where it'll cost them double that.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 10, 2021, 10:00:12 PM
It's 3 quid ffs. Take them to the cinema instead if you want where it'll cost them double that.

A cinema is a business with the outcome to create a profit for the owners.

The GAA is community built on the backs of volunteers, a NOT FOR PROFIT organisation. I haven't mentioned the extortionate £15 adult fee, it's an annoyance but not a complaint.

The children fee is only the start. This year it's the final they are pricing families out off, next year it will be the semi final, then it will be acceptable for clubs to charge children at the gates. It's all stepping stones.

Alongside price hikes in every other walk of life, TYRONE GAA didn't need to issue another kick in the teeth.

Watch them u-turn.
Living the dream!!!

scout

Thought on the 2 games at the weekend?

smort

Moortown. Coalisland
Big weekend for the East

PMG1

Quote from: PeterEli on November 10, 2021, 05:32:54 PM
Not many lads currently playing club football in Tyrone with 3 O'Neill Cup medals.
Eoin McCusker with 3? What about Dromore's other elder statesmen some must have 2, Ronan McNabb, Niall Sludden, Conor O'Hara, Ciaran McCoy, Sean McNabb? Coalisland must have a few going for 3 as well, Maccers, Plunkett Kane, Niall Kerr, Paddy Buck, Brian Toner and maybe Jason Carberry? Dromore or Fianna posters can confirm.
Eoin McCusker, Ronan McNabb and Emmett O'Neill all have 3, Conor O'Hara, Sean McNabb, Ciaran McCoy, Paul McHugh and Niall Sludden all have 2

Under Lights

Quote from: scout on November 10, 2021, 10:28:59 PM
Thought on the 2 games at the weekend?

Been priced out of watching them mate.

redhandefender

People complaining about under 16s having to pay £3.00 to get into a senior championship game have clearly never sat on a committee or been involved with the administration of a club or county. We are a voluntary organisation living in a commercial world.

When you have to pay physios to treat players or buy equipment to cater for coaching kids unfortunately businesses don't take the line "we are a voluntary organisation so can you give it to us for free"

Some people will just yap about anything

quit yo jibbajabba

None of my business but i love in general how as soon as someone does something you dont like they "need to consider their position". That bullshit really grinds. What happens then when the next guy does something you dont like. Call for his head, continue to infinity...

the goal was on

Quote from: redhandefender on November 11, 2021, 08:57:23 AM
People complaining about under 16s having to pay £3.00 to get into a senior championship game have clearly never sat on a committee or been involved with the administration of a club or county. We are a voluntary organisation living in a commercial world.

When you have to pay physios to treat players or buy equipment to cater for coaching kids unfortunately businesses don't take the line "we are a voluntary organisation so can you give it to us for free"

Some people will just yap about anything

So are county board gonna pay club physio bills and buy equipment for the clubs?? We all know the answer so point above irrelevant

ziggysego

Why are children being charged into the senior final and are free into the Intermediate final?
Testing Accessibility

RedHand88

Quote from: ziggysego on November 11, 2021, 10:24:26 AM
Why are children being charged into the senior final and are free into the Intermediate final?

The difference in quality would be the obvious answer.

clarshack

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 11, 2021, 10:39:03 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 11, 2021, 10:24:26 AM

The difference in quality would be the obvious answer.

It shouldn't matter. What's the difference in a Coalisland lad or a Moortown lad going to support their team?