Tipp-Limerick

Started by thejuice, June 10, 2007, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Class game, feel for Limerick. I wish they'd won it, deserved it. Could have won only for a selfish decision by the Limerick forward (Ryan i think) at the end who was pulled for over carrying.

Great game of hurling, action packed, a Trojan perfomnace by nearly all men 1-15 on both teams, even if the skill level wasnt always of the  highest quality.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: thejuice on June 10, 2007, 03:37:27 PM
Class game, feel for Limerick. I wish they'd won it, deserved it. Could have won only for a selfish decision by the Limerick forward (Ryan i think) at the end who was pulled for over carrying.

Great game of hurling, action packed, a Trojan perfomnace by nearly all men 1-15 on both teams, even if the skill level wasnt always of the  highest quality.

Or even the 14 men of Limerick  ;)

Great result for the Shannonsiders though, and with 15 men they'll be hard beaten.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

prewtna

was listenin to id on the 'wireless'. sounded like a savage game. michael o M had some gems!

"isnt it great how two sisters can produce hurlers of that quality". talkin abut eoin kelly and the limerick lads who are cousins. (forgive me i dont now their names)

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

What was the final score?
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Tatler Jack

Final Score 1-19 apiece. Kellys of Tipp first cousins of Limerick's Morans

thejuice

Limerick hade to work like horses to get their scores. The Gaelic Grounds was fairly full, not sure what the attendence was but a sizable crowd. Hope they keep the fight will still be in them for the replay. Hope Offaly can bring the same to the Cats.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tyrone Dreamer

Decent match,big crowd despite concerns that there wouldnt be. Good to see good crowds at all matches today. Is the replay definately next Saturday? Will add to what already is a potential cracking weekend of GAA action. Hopefully it'll be on live.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: prewtna on June 10, 2007, 03:44:14 PM
was listenin to id on the 'wireless'. sounded like a savage game. michael o M had some gems!

"isnt it great how two sisters can produce hurlers of that quality". talkin abut eoin kelly and the limerick lads who are cousins. (forgive me i dont now their names)

Tipperary brothers Eoin and Paul Kelly are first cousins of Limerick brothers Ollie and Nial Moran. All four are phenonimal Hurlers. Great entertainment as always with Munster Hurling. Ollie was my man of the match scoring 6 points of Benny Dunne who likes to Hurl too lose. 

AZOffaly

Only saw this on the Sunday Game last night, as I was in Portaloise, but it seemed as if Babs made a horlicks of it. If Limerick were leaving a man open who 'brings nothing to that role' why not take him off and bring on a more skillful lad.

Also seemed to leave Eoin Kelly inside for the whole game, even when he was getting it hard enough in there off hickey.

Left Benny Dunne on Ollie Moran for way too long, and picking Benny Dunne there in the first place when Conor O'Mahoney was #6 for almost the entire year.

Brought on Lar Corbett too late.

That's a lot of contentious decisions or non-decisions in one game for an auld dog like Babs. Maybe the rumours of disquiet in Tipp are true.

the ship

tipp lost the game on the sideline babs has not got a clue why he was ever brought back mystifies me, he is still living in the sixties 

the colonel

if paul kelly can make it next week and lar corbett starts tipp will win next week. another week will do eoin kelly the world of good, however he never hit a ball before your man was sent off. 2 yellows means he can play next week and that should be good craic.

tipp need to stop the morans, and maybe sean o connor mite be fit for the replay to give limerick another dimension
the difference between success and failure is energy

Sky Blue

I take it the replay is in Thurles on Saturday. Will it be on TV? I watched most of it and it was a very good match.

the colonel

its on at 7pm on sat in thurles
the difference between success and failure is energy

Leith_Limerick_Lad

Watched the game in the house with the rest of the Edinburgh Limerick Supporters Club. I was going mental at the end when the lad got pulled up for taking too many steps. I think this might be the year our young team transfer the good form of the under 21's into the full squad. Can't wait for the replay, just gutted I can't watch it live in Edinburgh :'(

Lecale2

The game is on live on RTE 2 on Saturday evening. I think Limerick will do it this time. 6/4 on Paddy Power is a great price. Tipp missed their chance and should have had the 14 men dead and buried last weekend.