Wexford V Dublin (Hurling)

Started by Fishead_Sam, June 08, 2007, 01:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishead_Sam

Not sure if there is a thread for this yet.

Hald thinking of taking a spin down to Nowlan Park for this game, will you be able to pay in @ the gate or is it all ticket & if so am I too late to get a ticket? Its only a thought that I might go, club Football Championship on in Mayo this weekend too, so might yet stick in the West.

Onlooker

Ca'nt see any problem getting into Nowlan Park, as I would expect a small enough crowd at this game.  There is very little pre match talk about any of the hurling matches this week end and I fear that the crowds will be poor at all venues.

lynchbhoy

wexford lads are very wary of Dublin.
They are afraid that there is a real chance of losing.
Could be a good game.

INDIANA

think if  o reilly and c affrey were playing we'd have a real chance without them though i think we'll lose by 5/6.
Even though i think wexford are giving us  achance with doc o connor at centre forward -i'd fancy fallon to clean him out. Surprised to see malachy tavers playing considering eh now plays for boden -none of the wexford people from work rate him and think he's  a weak link.
I know from talking to wexford people that if the two lads were available to dublin -it could go eitehr way but without them wexford fancy themselves by 5/6 and it's  apoint of view i tend to agree with.
Wexford on their day are capable of matching most of the teams bar kilkenny but there are also days when they are equally shite like aginst clare in the past couple of years hopefully sat will be another -but i think dublin will fall short. Still i'll be travelling in hope.

Model Hammer

The standard might not to be the highest but I expect it to be a good close game. The Dubs are not likely to be over-awed at all. Whether Wexford play like they did against Galway or against Kilkenny remains to be seen (as usual). There's much head-scratching over the selection of DOC at 11. Yes, he's a big man who should be a presence under the puckout, but that could have been tried in the league. The Dubs will probably use it as a motivational tool (as in do Wexford consider this game an opportunity to experiment???). Anyway, we'll reserve judgement on the big fella until tomorrow.

Don't expect much more than a puck or two in it. Very strange to see Nigel Higgins getting the start. Surely sends out all the wrong signals, just like with his clubmate last year.

I think September will be safe enough for bookin the holidays ..........

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Model Hammer on June 08, 2007, 04:03:21 PM
The standard might not to be the highest but I expect it to be a good close game. The Dubs are not likely to be over-awed at all. Whether Wexford play like they did against Galway or against Kilkenny remains to be seen (as usual). There's much head-scratching over the selection of DOC at 11. Yes, he's a big man who should be a presence under the puckout, but that could have been tried in the league. The Dubs will probably use it as a motivational tool (as in do Wexford consider this game an opportunity to experiment???). Anyway, we'll reserve judgement on the big fella until tomorrow.

Don't expect much more than a puck or two in it. Very strange to see Nigel Higgins getting the start. Surely sends out all the wrong signals, just like with his clubmate last year.

I think September will be safe enough for bookin the holidays ..........
Model hammer
whats your opinion on what I have heard about Shemaliers becomming a 'powerhouse'  hurling club in Wex.
I beleive they are in recent years continually producing a converyor belt of players and successful underage sides and these are starting to blossom in the senior ranks - although they are all apparantly ooma loompa size (must be something in the water round there).
Is what I am hearing have any grain of truth ?
Also What price are Duffry rovers for the football c'ship this season? Heard it could be their year

Colonel Cool

Is this one on TV? I hope Dublin make a real game of it. Their performances during the NHL show what they are capable of but its the championship that counts. Good luck to them any how.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Fishead_Sam

Change of plan not able to go to match.

Farrandeelin

Want to wish Dublin all the best for the game this evening. Especially to Joey Boland, I hope he makes it for the next few years in the Dublin jersey.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lecale2

Tatler Jack

Teams level 2 mins of injury time left

Free to Wexford...81 yds out...near sideline...over the bar Barry Lambert..Wexford win by one point

Louth Exile

Listened to the whole game, you have to feel for Dublin, after clawing their way back into the game to lose to such a fantastic free right at the death got to be tough. They surely will take heart from the game, should be further proof of the progress they are making. Would be great to see them make the break through
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Fear ón Srath Bán

Fair dues to the Dubs, great display, which will only fortify their renaissance despite the narrowest of defeats.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lecale2

They may cause an upset in the group stage. Well done but I wish they had won.

bengi

Hard luck on the Dubs,a victory would have giving them a great boost in moral,chin up lads nothing to be ashamed off. :-[