All Ireland Final

Started by BlackandAmber, August 03, 2011, 01:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackandAmber

Does ANYBODY see anything except

Kilkenny    v  Tipperary ?

Forever Green

Sadly not and tbh i don't Kilkenny will get near Tipp in the final either. Tipperary are going to dominate for a long time to come imo

orangeman

Quote from: Forever Green on August 03, 2011, 01:29:31 AM
Sadly not and tbh i don't Kilkenny will get near Tipp in the final either. Tipperary are going to dominate for a long time to come imo

That was said about KK last August after they easily dispatched their rivals - there was talk of them doing 10 in a row.

Canalman

Am absolutely convinced that Waterford will beat KK next Sunday. KK imho of course are nowhere near the team they were 2/3 seasons ago plus don't forget that Waterford handily beat Galway. Waterford were by far the best team we (Dublin) played in the league this year (and last year as well.)

Heard some silly odds being talked about at club's training last  night. Will definitely throw something on them.

Tipp will beat Dublin, but mark my words there will be less than 3 points in it. Return of fully fit Boland and Treacy are some boosts to Dublin, while I just think that Tipp is a county that handles favouritism poorly. Kelly has done very well at full back also, while Rushe has to have his allstar in the  bag by now.

Sin É.

orangeman

Quote from: Canalman on August 03, 2011, 10:29:25 AM
Am absolutely convinced that Waterford will beat KK next Sunday. KK imho of course are nowhere near the team they were 2/3 seasons ago plus don't forget that Waterford handily beat Galway. Waterford were by far the best team we (Dublin) played in the league this year (and last year as well.)

Heard some silly odds being talked about at club's training last  night. Will definitely throw something on them.

Tipp will beat Dublin, but mark my words there will be less than 3 points in it. Return of fully fit Boland and Treacy are some boosts to Dublin, while I just think that Tipp is a county that handles favouritism poorly. Kelly has done very well at full back also, while Rushe has to have his allstar in the  bag by now.

Sin É.

KK are 1/9 - Waterford 13/2

The following week Tipp are 1/16 and Dublin 9/1

Mad prices for a 2 horse race ?.

AQMP

Quote from: orangeman on August 03, 2011, 12:18:20 PM
Quote from: Canalman on August 03, 2011, 10:29:25 AM

Sin É.

KK are 1/9 - Waterford 13/2
The following week Tipp are 1/16 and Dublin 9/1

Mad prices for a 2 horse race ?.

A £5/€5 double would pay £€375...hmmm

imtommygunn

I think KK will beat Tipp. Can't really see any way Waterford will beat KK. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind seeing it but I just can't see how. 10+ point game.

Stevie g 8

Tipp and Kilkenny final with the cats getting revenge

Farrandeelin

Now that it is Kk v Tipp, is it the first time in the history of hurling that the final is the same pairing for three years in a row??
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

In hurling, didn't Munster and Leinster always avoid each other in the semi final in the old days, unlike the football? If so, I'd imagine there was a fair few years when Tipp, Cork and Even Limerick would have won 3 Munsters in a row, so the chances of Kilkenny and Wexford winning 3 in a row in the same timeframe must be high enough.

AZOffaly

I think you're right, I can't find that pattern in the old finals, although interestingly there are quite a few times where the same pairing appears 3 out of 4 with the second or third final featuring one different team. This has happened 4 or 5 times.

deiseach

Cork and London played three years running from 1901 to 1903. Bit of a cheat that, London wouldn't have had to play any matches to reach the final but strictly speaking this isn't the first time we've had the same teams in three successive finals

Blowitupref

Have a feeling Kilkenny will gain revenge.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: deiseach on August 15, 2011, 02:41:47 PM
Cork and London played three years running from 1901 to 1903. Bit of a cheat that, London wouldn't have had to play any matches to reach the final but strictly speaking this isn't the first time we've had the same teams in three successive finals

Bloody Londoners!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.