Patrick Curtin, Kerry Player, RIP

Started by J70, December 29, 2015, 12:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Didn't see any link to this story - please delete if its already up there.

Only 26 years old.

Honestly only recognized the name because he missed a late chance to level the game against us in the 2012 quarter final, but he must have been a decent player to make appearances for Kerry at full forward, even if only for a couple of seasons.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/1229/756633-kerry-in-mourning-after-passing-of-patrick-curtin/

Shrewdness

Very sad news. I'm nearly sure that there was a Patrick Curtin on the Kerry Minor team/subs that played Roscommon in the 2006 All Ireland Final and Replay. I wonder was this the same lad.....RIP

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

Rossfan

RIP. Sad.
I think he was part of that Kerry minor squad alright Shrew. There was a Paddy Curran too wasn't there - Miley crashed into him and left him with a swollen jaw.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ciarrai_thuaidh

He'd been in an induced coma for a couple of weeks after an accident in Guatemala but suffered massive brain damage and sadly passed away last night. Only 26. Too young.

He came on as a sub alright in the 2006 minor final, missed a great goal chance near the end but got a good point before that. Started the replay half forward. He was underage the year after and put in some serious displays. Got 2-2 against Limerick and Tipp but then did his cruciate early on in final against Cork. He was going well with Kerry up as far as early 2013, but work with Liebherr cranes took him abroad to Brazil and then to Central America. He was due to move home in February which makes it even more tragic.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

orangeman

Very very sad. Sympathy to all his family, friends and Kerry GAA. Far, far too young.

Sandy Hill

"Stercus accidit"