James Brokenshire - Snubs Amhrán na bhFiann

Started by Seany, January 30, 2017, 10:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

but hes no just a britton . he is the Representative of your overlords , the people who govern the 6 counties on a day to day basis .
It seem like a real case of turn the blind eye politics
i mean its not as though it was ireland call that only a moron would stand for any way
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

magpie seanie

He's a twit and the other loyalists/unionists are twits if they don't respect the anthem and the country that their Queen respects.

Take Your Points

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 31, 2017, 05:10:37 PM
He's a twit and the other loyalists/unionists are twits if they don't respect the anthem and the country that their Queen respects.

No different from their mirror images in SF.  At the 2016 Euros, McGuinness didn't take his seat until the anthem was played and same occurred at Windsor Park with SF sport & culture minister Caral Ni Chuilin.

armaghniac

Quote from: Take Your Points on January 31, 2017, 06:32:44 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 31, 2017, 05:10:37 PM

No different from their mirror images in SF.  At the 2016 Euros, McGuinness didn't take his seat until the anthem was played and same occurred at Windsor Park with SF sport & culture minister Caral Ni Chuilin.

The obligation for the colonised to show respect for the occupier is not the same for the occupier to respect those they have occupied.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

Is it true that they made you stand for "the Queen" in the cinema in Banbridge in years gone by? They say you'd get bate for heading out the door too soon. And I hear they're doing the same in India now.

Take Your Points

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 31, 2017, 07:25:27 PM
Is it true that they made you stand for "the Queen" in the cinema in Banbridge in years gone by? They say you'd get bate for heading out the door too soon. And I hear they're doing the same in India now.

Remember it well, you had to gauge when the film was about to end so that you could be on the move as the titles rolled and before the anthem was played.  Same in the Belmont Hotel nightclub.

The Raven

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 31, 2017, 07:25:27 PM

Yes you would take you life in your own hands if you left early, scumbags outside waiting outside would call fenian bas***ds, only went a couple of times real s**thole, good job its closed.
Young Farmers used to hold concerts in our town. My mother used take us out just before the end and remember hearing "the Queen" as we walked up the road.

imtommygunn

It wasn't just banbridge. Happened in belfast too.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 31, 2017, 08:41:55 PM
Quote from: No wides on January 31, 2017, 12:35:59 PM
Quote from: heganboy on January 30, 2017, 04:13:26 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 30, 2017, 10:26:55 AM
Who gives a fck, seriously.

+1

+1
Croppies lie down.

The anthem thing is nothing. His comments on the investigations into the past are something else. They show a fundamental lack of understanding of the whole situation here.

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on January 31, 2017, 12:52:30 PM
His predecessors were better dressed.

Brokenshire didn't wear his colonial nor his poppy. Outrageous!!! Pair Esler is clearly a cold stadium for unionists.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Orior on January 31, 2017, 09:08:44 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 31, 2017, 12:52:30 PM
His predecessors were better dressed.

Brokenshire didn't wear his colonial nor his poppy. Outrageous!!! Pair Esler is clearly a cold stadium for unionists.

On a night at the end of January it's cold for anyone.

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 31, 2017, 08:45:58 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 31, 2017, 08:41:55 PM
Quote from: No wides on January 31, 2017, 12:35:59 PM
Quote from: heganboy on January 30, 2017, 04:13:26 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 30, 2017, 10:26:55 AM
Who gives a fck, seriously.

+1

+1
Croppies lie down.

The anthem thing is nothing. His comments on the investigations into the past are something else. They show a fundamental lack of understanding of the whole situation here.

In total agreement, I think he hasn't a puff of a notion of what is going on.