Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guevara

The row at the end you could see coming a mile off. Poor game mamagement from Leo Smyth and Clonduff not able to take their beating.
They got away with some very cynical and cheap shots for a lot of the game and O'Hagan got himself stupidly sent off.
Ross Carr referring to anyone as scum after his actions last night is the height of irony....lets see if he mentions it in his weekly column!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Red eye

Thought the Point v Clonduff was great game. Point started very well and ran riot first 20 mins then Clonduff took over.
Great score taking from both sides and the two second half goals from Clonduff looked like it was going to be good enough.
For the Point to be that far ahead in a game and then fall behind so badly in the second half - well takes a wee bit of belief to get back up there but extra man maybe helped.
Unseemly brawl a the end was uncalled for - Clonduff need to look at themselves. Could see them also trying to disrupt the momentum of the Point in the final 10 mins too.

Targetman

Quote from: guevara on June 10, 2017, 04:08:53 PM
The row at the end you could see coming a mile off. Poor game mamagement from Leo Smyth and Clonduff not able to take their beating.
They got away with some very cynical and cheap shots for a lot of the game and O'Hagan got himself stupidly sent off.
Ross Carr referring to anyone as scum after his actions last night is the height of irony....lets see if he mentions it in his weekly column!
On the topic of discipline apparently 8 red cards dished out on Tuesday night in minor match between Burren and Liatroim, 2 to Burren and 6 to Liatroim, the referee earned his £30 there!!

The Raven

Quote from: Targetman on June 15, 2017, 09:09:10 PM
On the topic of discipline apparently 8 red cards dished out on Tuesday night in minor match between Burren and Liatroim, 2 to Burren and 6 to Liatroim, the referee earned his £30 there!!

From what I heard two good teams let down by a very poor referee who lost control of the game early on which led to much of the indiscipline. Surely our 2 Minor finalists from last year deserved a better Referee.

Targetman

Quote from: The Raven on June 15, 2017, 09:30:28 PM

From what I heard two good teams let down by a very poor referee who lost control of the game early on which led to much of the indiscipline. Surely our 2 Minor finalists from last year deserved a better Referee.
Ah now we've all heard that auld one the referee lost control but I've never heard of 8 sendings off in any game, its beyond a joke

snoopdog

How are Downs injured from the Armagh game getting on? Will McKernan and the big tullylish man be fit for Monaghan?

elk

Quote from: snoopdog on June 16, 2017, 01:59:12 PM
How are Downs injured from the Armagh game getting on? Will McKernan and the big tullylish man be fit for Monaghan?
And Barry O Hagan's shoulder which he looked to have hurt after the Clonduff/CPN game last week.

Targetman

Any club results from tonight's games?

UlsterMan2

Heard stone beat Glenn and cpn beat the kingdom, any others?

Town Gael

14 man Castlewellan beat Ballyholland 2.10 to 2.09. Shocking performance from the ref and even worse from Ballyholland and their mentors.

noway

the same liatroim minor team fought with bryansford in the final of the east down minor 7s that had to be abandoned at half time . Shocking disclipne from players and management .

our_fella

Quote from: Targetman on June 15, 2017, 10:04:32 PM
Quote from: The Raven on June 15, 2017, 09:30:28 PM

Ah now we've all heard that auld one the referee lost control but I've never heard of 8 sendings off in any game, its beyond a joke

So striking, and severe personal abuse to referee doesn't warrant  a red-card?  As burren men we just stood in shock and how they threw the game away by their disgusting actions

thebar

Quote from: noway on June 17, 2017, 12:26:05 AM
the same liatroim minor team fought with bryansford in the final of the east down minor 7s that had to be abandoned at half time . Shocking disclipne from players and management .

i wouldnt let it worry ya fella

Targetman

Does anyone give us a realistic chance on Saturday, have yet to hear anybody myself included think Down can win, 19 points between them and us last year, it will be a lot closer but we're not up to their standard yet

snoopdog

Quote from: Targetman on June 22, 2017, 11:04:20 PM
Does anyone give us a realistic chance on Saturday, have yet to hear anybody myself included think Down can win, 19 points between them and us last year, it will be a lot closer but we're not up to their standard yet
I don't believe we can win either. But you never know they might have a total mare. Down will love going in under the radar they have nothing to lose as long as they avoid a tanking. If we end up in the qualifiers I wouldn't be surprised if we got Armagh again in Newry providing they get by Fermanagh
Best of luck to both Down teams tomorrow evening. Hopefully the minors can get to an ulster final