AC/DC in Dublin

Started by Stalin, October 14, 2008, 07:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

http://www.o2blueroom.ie/EventListing.aspx

Thats the link it was 51020

I was in such a f**king panic i nearly booked two tickets to go and see "Pink"
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

el_cuervo_fc

Cheers.  Says sold out  :(

thejuice

Got 2 standing tickets. Feeling very happy about myself. Will try get tix to London or Birmingham on Friday as well. Cant get enough of the DC.

I see some bastards selling them on E-bay for €400, wankers whoever they are!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

billy the kid

Is there a limit on the number you can buy in one go or a limit per card?  I cant miss this they are unreal.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

thejuice

2 per card i believe, might be different on friday,
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

This is gonna be awesome. Cannae wait mon

Listen to the new tracks on RTE.ie

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/1013/acdcalbum.html

nobackdoor

Why would u bother, every song they play sounds the same. Much like any BRAND, if they stick the label on it, the punters will buy. Angus and his school shorts, FFS & their "new" single sounds anything but new.  :'(
The backdoor has ruined it

Maguire01

Quote from: nobackdoor on October 15, 2008, 10:56:04 PM
Why would u bother, every song they play sounds the same. Much like any BRAND, if they stick the label on it, the punters will buy. Angus and his school shorts, FFS & their "new" single sounds anything but new.  :'(

Yes, essentially they have one song, but what a song!

I wouldn't get so upset about it.

under the bar

QuoteWhy would u bother, every song they play sounds the same.

If you think that then you haven't listened much.

thejuice

Quote from: nobackdoor on October 15, 2008, 10:56:04 PM

Absolute balls. The Bon Scott era albums are essential listening as is Back In Black. Simple, down to earth rock and roll. They havent changed to suit the trends they just do what they do best. Also the best live band on the planet by miles. As for Angus and his stage costume. So what its a gimmick that stuck, if you cant see the humour in it then perhaps your better of not going. Go watch Coldplay some other dull as dishwater act.

nobackdoor

Good luck to u pal, if your into one trick ponies. The guy that replaced Scott, appears to have a similar singing tone. Just checked out some of their stuff on You tube, and stand by previous comments.

AC/DC = Bland, one tune band, who's calling card appears to be man in shorts leaping about.

The Go Betweens, now there's a fine Aussie band.
The backdoor has ruined it

Louth Exile

First gig I ever saw was AC/DC in the point and to this day it is still the greatest.

Bright and early in the morning for the tickets... For Those About to Rock

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Donagh

Quote from: Louth Exile on October 16, 2008, 10:57:51 PM

Bright and early in the morning for the tickets... For Those About to Rock

What? Are there some left?

thejuice

Quote from: nobackdoor on October 16, 2008, 10:39:38 PM
Good luck to u pal, if your into one trick ponies. The guy that replaced Scott, appears to have a similar singing tone. Just checked out some of their stuff on You tube, and stand by previous comments.

AC/DC = Bland, one tune band, who's calling card appears to be man in shorts leaping about.

The Go Betweens, now there's a fine Aussie band.

suit yourself. but your way out if you think Angus is "the calling card of AC/DC". 200 million albums sold just on the back of a guy wearing a school uniform. Hmmmm not likely. And to assume that because someone likes AC/DC therefore makes "one-trick-ponies" their thing. Dont be silly. AC/DC dont do jazz break-downs or throw folk-tunes into their set and we dont want them to. The Grateful Dead and Led Zeppelin do that much better and when they come round (if ever) i'll happily go along see them.

Considering they dont play pop music, were "uncool" for long periods of the 90's and 00's (and perhaps their whole career except perhaps now) and havent released a great album by their own standards in 20 odd years, well they must be done something right along the way. After all you could say that about U2, The Rolling Stones, Metallica and Paul McCartney.

Anyway music's all about taste and if the Indie rock like Go Betweens float yer boat, thats fine, but I wont be turning off Highway To Hell for Liberty Belle And The Diamond Express any time soon

heineken_on_tap

Any luck getting tickets on ticketmaster this morning? - I'm not having any luck :(