Viva espana - new FIFA rankings

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 06, 2008, 07:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on August 07, 2008, 01:39:20 PM
Have you boys nothing better to do than try to sicken the hole off each other?! You OWC boys are as bad as Fearon....

You can tell you are a newbie

'sickening the hole off each other' as you put it is what this board is all about!!

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 07, 2008, 01:22:19 PM
In FIFA's Rankings, NI are currently 10 places above ROI.

How 10?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Evil Genius

Quote from: Niall Quinn on August 07, 2008, 02:03:06 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on August 07, 2008, 01:22:19 PM
In FIFA's Rankings, NI are currently 10 places above ROI.

How 10?
Er, a spot of double-counting somewhere? We Nordies are famous for it... ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Niall Quinn

I think Rep of Ireland are trying to exactly mimic the points of their Northern bretheren, in the hopes that FIFA will group them as one, a precedent which will reverberate through the wider political spectrum.
Certainly would account for the Republics shocking play of late.
Only 7 nations stand between a FIFA led convergence of Ireland.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

youngfella

NI beat spain, bless the good King Billy, So NI are the best team in the world, Never Never, I heard you cry!
Pull hard and early

his holiness nb

I'm amazed people take these rankings seriously. They dont mean shite.

I've never heard a supporter defending his team from slagging after defeat to a rival saying "yeah well we are still ranked above you".

Face it folks, for all the NI V ROI soccer slaggings on here, one fact is clear.
Both teams are rubbish. If being slightly less rubbish than another team floats your boat then carry on  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Main Street

Quote from: Chrisowc on August 07, 2008, 12:22:40 PM
to hide Tony's great shame, embarrassment and indeed humiliation I would have thought.
Anyway Tony could do something else that 'the OWC' do.  Support the country of his birth.......like he used to, before Big Jack and the plastic paddies came on board.
Everybody knows that Norn Iron tried their level best to get almost anybody to play for them, most couldn't be arsed and most of those who did bother to turn up were crap and not used much.

We had a different breed of Gen 2 and 3 Irishmen, answered the call and were committed to the cause. Even an adopted son like
Cascarino is a Paddy for life, still playing under the tri colour for Ireland  ;D

nifan

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 07, 2008, 05:23:48 PM
I'm amazed people take these rankings seriously. They dont mean shite.

I dont know if anyone does, apart from winding up those who are easily wound.
Dont matter a shite - qualification for a tournament is the goal for us in our curent state, and thats a big ask. Rankings mean f**k all.

Solomon Kane

Quote from: Main Street on August 07, 2008, 06:50:29 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on August 07, 2008, 12:22:40 PM
to hide Tony's great shame, embarrassment and indeed humiliation I would have thought.
Anyway Tony could do something else that 'the OWC' do.  Support the country of his birth.......like he used to, before Big Jack and the plastic paddies came on board.
Everybody knows that Norn Iron tried their level best to get almost anybody to play for them, most couldn't be arsed and most of those who did bother to turn up were crap and not used much.

We had a different breed of Gen 2 and 3 Irishmen, answered the call and were committed to the cause. Even an adopted son like
Cascarino is a Paddy for life, still playing under the tri colour for Ireland  ;D

Cascarino's own thoughts on playing for the 26 counties -

Cascarino said in his autobiography: "I didn't qualify for Ireland. I was a fraud. A fake Irishman".

;)

magickingdom

Quote from: Solomon Kane on August 07, 2008, 08:53:40 PM

Cascarino's own thoughts on playing for the 26 counties -

Cascarino said in his autobiography: "I didn't qualify for Ireland. I was a fraud. A fake Irishman".

;)

at least he had the name of the team right  :D

Main Street

;D
Imagine a bright spark from the owc falling for the book selling point.
At least we get entertainment value.

You see Cas is a man of conscience, his dilemma defined just how much it meant to him to have that Irish passport.
If he was as is claimed to be a mercenary then he would not have had any dilemma, just another stroke pulled, another poker bluff.
As it turned out he was perfectly entitled to citizenship and as I said the adopted son of Ireland continues to play proudly under the tricolour.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Main Street on August 08, 2008, 03:28:48 AM
;D
Imagine a bright spark from the owc falling for the book selling point.
At least we get entertainment value.

You see Cas is a man of conscience, his dilemma defined just how much it meant to him to have that Irish passport.
If he was as is claimed to be a mercenary then he would not have had any dilemma, just another stroke pulled, another poker bluff.
As it turned out he was perfectly entitled to citizenship and as I said the adopted son of Ireland continues to play proudly under the tricolour.

....and when he had his Talksport 'drive time' slot he talked endlessly about England as 'we'.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

gallsman

Quote from: Chrisowc on August 08, 2008, 04:50:41 AM
....and when he had his Talksport 'drive time' slot he talked endlessly about England as 'we'.

Aye, but so does Terry Wogan during Eurovision and you surely ye wouldn't want to claim him now, would you?! (Not implying that you or other generic OWCers consider themselves English)

Hardy

But isn't that the classic paradox? He claims to be a fraud, so do you believe him or not?

nifan

That fecker alan greene talks about "we" as well.

I met him before the england game at windsor and asked him who he was supporting - he said "straight down the middle".