Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Sunday 19th November
Under-21 Football Championship – 1st Round (2.00)
St John's v Carrickcruppen (Kevin Gallogly)
Granemore v Crossmaglen (Rory Robinson)
Killeavey v Dromintee (Eamon Nugent)
Clann Eireann v Clan na Gael (Jim Burns)
Wolfe Tones v Tir na nÓg (Paul Boylan)

Under-21 Football Championship – 2nd Round (2.00)
An Port Mor v St Peter's (Oliver Hearty)
Whitecross v Keady (Jimmy McKee)
Culloville v Silverbridge (Seamus O'Neill)
Pearse Og v St Patrick's (Mickey Leonard)
Harps v Ballymacnab (Dessie McDonnell)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

I was talking to Gregory Walsh last night (the guy who refereed the Eirgal and Eniskillen game live on TG4 on Sun) he knew he made a big mistake by booking a player twice and failed to send him off, he said he meant to just tick him the second time. Did any of you's watch the game and notice it? and if so how did he perform throughout the rest of the game as i missed it.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

el_cuervo_fc

Such a strange post on the Armagh club page.  I didn't see the whole match, just what the tv showed in clips.  but he still should have been off. 

full back

With Ballymacnab playing in the Ulster Intermediate on Sunday I assume their under 21 game will be called off.Any word on this yet?

BenDover

Quote from: full back on November 14, 2006, 01:25:20 PM
With Ballymacnab playing in the Ulster Intermediate on Sunday I assume their under 21 game will be called off.Any word on this yet?

I'd like to think this would be the case as the Cross Vs Granemore U21 match was called of on Sunday due to Cross' Senior commitments. Or else it could be a case of double standards frm the county board

Uladh

surely any club involved in these god awful play offs should have their u21 games off to then or its double standards?

holylandsniper

Quoteelse it could be a case of double standards frm the county board
Our county board wouldnt be at that, would it?

pintsofguinness

Uladh
Quotesurely any club involved in these god awful play offs should have their u21 games off to then or its double standards?
Did you not speak in favour of them a while back?

I was surprised Killeavy was expected to play us on saturday and then in the u21 on sunday. 
With the length of time it's going to take them to sort out Clann Eireann and Cullaville we might as well get a round of the championship played.

And I nearly forgot! If someone has a bit of time maybe they could head to the Rangers and teach Donal Murtagh a thing or two about being gracious in victory, according to him in the Mirror today cross "cruised" the county championship.   :-\
::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Uladh

no pint... i hated them from the start

BenDover

Quote from: holylandsniper on November 14, 2006, 06:39:23 PM
Quoteelse it could be a case of double standards frm the county board
Our county board wouldnt be at that, would it?

Only when Cross are concerned  ::)

illdecide

What was so strange about that? he does afterall ref games in Armagh, he done a few games that i played in last year and i do know the fella so i think that entitles the issue to be on the Armagh page ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BenDover

I concur with illdecide sort it out el_cuervo  :o

el_cuervo_fc

I must take this opportunity to whole heartedly apologise to 'illdecide'.  My comments were perhaps a tad hasty.

Uladh

Where is gregory walsh from and why would he be relevent to armagh club football?

for what its worth, i thought he was terrible on sunday. he blew everything, allowing no leeway for conditions. he embarked on a lecture to the tackler after every foul he gave and in doing so punished the team in posession by not allowing the free to be taken until he had finished his chat and added another 20 secs of close up time on the telly.

The amount of times i screamed at the the tellly " let the f**king game go you w*nker" or "get off the stage let them play football" are too numerous to count.

Spiritof98

Hasty - Typical form from an Ogs man.
I'll go back if Marsdens back