Ireland versus Brazil

Started by Surreal Steve, February 05, 2008, 08:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Quote from: Chrisowc on February 06, 2008, 03:06:12 PM
Was Givens part of Stan's staff?  I was just wondering because I saw his press conference yesterday and it was brutal.  Ive seen the manager of our amateur league 2nds team be more inspiring and thats saying something!  I'm sure the team talks were quere craic with those two trying to gee you up :-\

dont think he was Chris, was the under 21 manager for a good while.

Seems an awful eegit to me. Put the next manager in a awkward position with his comments on Stephen Ireland last week. Had a right go at him in a press conference.
I would understand giving his opinion if he had the full time job, but for someone trying to keep things smooth for a handover, he made getting Ireland back much more difficult with his comments, should the new guy want him back.

Cant say "manchester" either.
Ask me holy bollix

stew

Quote from: Mickey Linden on February 06, 2008, 08:52:57 AM
Are many on this board going to the game? Have a ticket for the cusuak stand myself. Do yous think there will be a good atmosphere at the game? I know one thing it will be weird watching soccer at croke park!

I would have thought for a Downie like yourself it would be weird to be in Croke Park at all.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Main Street

Quote from: Chrisowc on February 06, 2008, 03:06:12 PM
Was Givens part of Stan's staff?  I was just wondering because I saw his press conference yesterday and it was brutal.  Ive seen the manager of our amateur league 2nds team be more inspiring and thats saying something!  I'm sure the team talks were quere craic with those two trying to gee you up :-\
Givens wasn't a part of the senior team set up. He is the u21 manager. I didn't see it but personally I couldn't care less for press conferences.
Professional players don't need geeing up in the international set up. Both Staunton and Givens are extremly proud to have represented their country and it's easy for the players to identify with that, both are comfortable in the company of players.
I am concerned with coaching/tactical ability, what way we play, selecting the best players for that formation, give them instructions, of the young players - recognizing who is ready and who is not and most importantly learn from mistakes.

Givens has had a few blind spots towards a couple of our best u21 players, Midfielders Chris McCann and Owen Garvan. Republic fans are quite bitter and personal towards Givens but there is some sort of a ceasefire in his caretaker role.

Givens likes a passing game. We are playing Brazil and basically we have only one defensive midfielder in Lee Carsley protecting the back 4, we are playing with 2 wingers Duff and McGeady, which is a luxury only good teams can afford against the likes of Brazil.
Might be fun though.

Bensars

Disgusted im missing this. Mrs Bensars won 4 tickets to the game. Booked half day off from work , lined up a few mates to head down and the f***ing tickets havent arrived.

Probably arrive first thing in the morning

Puckoon

Thats a terrible kick in the balls Bensars. Id be beside myself - who'd the Mrs win the tickets from? What kind of half arsed carry on is that.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Someone should tell Sky Sports that RoI isn't part of the home nations!
Testing Accessibility

Bensars

Quote from: hardstation on February 06, 2008, 07:05:32 PM
I reckon Fearon was doing the nut because he didn't win it. He stayed outside your house and intercepted the tickets when the postman came.
;D ;D

Nah tony would have already been scoffing the freebies in the VIP lounge, courtesy of Ulster Bank.

In fairness the source of the tickets have been on the phone constantly yesterday and today. They have been trying to track them. They were posted in the FAI envelope, in the which the charity recieved them. ( i know, schoolboy error ).

ziggysego

Paddy Powers adverts upside down around the pitch.
Testing Accessibility

An Fear Rua

now it may just be the dodgy stream I have, but can someone tell me if I can see a butchers apron on the far side of the field drapped over at the front to the right of all the ireland flags??
Its Grim up North

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

blast05

Where you watching the stream from AFR ?

An Fear Rua

here, using Sopcast, software available at the root of that site http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=5762&part=sports

Ziggy whats on the flag , is it an English one ?
Its Grim up North

ziggysego

It's English, but not clear what's in the centre.
Testing Accessibility

An Fear Rua

The difference is simple, Brazil move the ball quickly, we dont. Too much effort for little product.
Its Grim up North