Black eye Friday

Started by gerry, December 18, 2007, 09:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

Quote from: Great Leap Forward on December 19, 2007, 10:22:43 AM
Anybody that has never seen trouble on black-eye Friday must live in the city. There is no way I would go anywhere near my local on Friday. It is ok until about 6 in the evening but after that anything can happen.

There are a few rare creatures that appear on black-eye Friday that make it a particulary annoying today to have a beer.

The first is the dirty hallion. This guy has done a half days work on the site and has hit the pub without going home to change. He can normally be indentified by a pool of mortar at his feet, half a bag of cement in his hair and the remains of a fiiled soda on his chin.

Then there is the 'I don't want to talk about work' guy. His good intentions last about an hour before he starts complaining about how the building trade is slowing up and naming joiners who aren't worth a f**k.

The next kind is the Christmas drinker. This guy is usually married (and the wife never lets him out of the house) or has never went with a woman in his life (and his ma never lets him out of the house). This guy is also easy to spot. He will most likely have a side parting and have his shirt rammed into his loose fit jeans. He will be sloshed after 2 beer and spends his time drooling over any woman that comes into the bar, telling everybody what he wouldn't mind doing to her. If he breaks into song it will likely be the last record he bought, Hillbilly rock by the Woolpackers. He won't see 11pm.

The final guy to watch out for is the Psycho. The reason it is known as black-eye Friday. A real bomb scare. He will drink out of town because he will be barred from his local. He will also be built like a tank but have very little between the ears. He will be drinking 5 half un's for verybody elses pint. Do not look near this specimen as it will make him extremely paranoid and you don't want that because this guy farts intimidation. He will most likely have plugged someone by 9pm and find himself barred from yet another pub.

It may be possible that one person ticks all these boxes. I have never met on and I have no intention of meeting one which is why Friday nights entertainment will be provided by Xtravsion.

:D ;D :) :) :)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Lecale2

Minder

I could not have put that better myself, every village bar must be the same everywhere on black eye Friday. That will be the Mariners in Waterfoot later on today........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on December 18, 2008, 09:11:20 PM
That's a challenge. Might head there to bate the lugs clane off you.

I dont mind gettin the lugs bate off me as long as you dont give me a black eye..............About 6 o clock i would think a toddler could give me a hiding.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Just about to head out on our Christmas do, will be a long day, with me by 6pm boring the tits of anyone who'll listen about how great Donegal and Celtic are and how much I now detest the Ginger one!
Tbc....

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 19, 2008, 11:06:32 AM
Just about to head out on our Christmas do, will be a long day, with me by 6pm boring the tits of anyone who'll listen about how great Donegal and Celtic are and how much I now detest the Ginger one!

Thats a special kinda pissed
Its Grim up North

Guillem2

Any casualties to report? I made it home around 11.00 (apparently). No scares or broken bones discovered yet.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Donagh

Ran into GDA and his sparkley santa hat at about 10pm last night. He was surviving the day alright - just...

Armagh4SamAgain

Why is it called black eye friday
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

the milkman

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on December 21, 2008, 11:37:11 AM
Why is it called black eye friday

after the black eyed peas. Everyone gets peas on the friday before christmas.

Armagh4SamAgain

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Hardy

Quote from: the milkman on December 21, 2008, 11:43:57 AM
Everyone gets peas on the friday before christmas.
You mean everybody gets peased.

the Deel Rover

happy black eye friday to everyone on the board and be carefull .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: hardstation on December 19, 2007, 02:33:05 AM
Never approach people with chalk on their trousers (although under the bar reckons that it's not chalk) as they will start asking you your times tables, spellings and the names of different parts of an atom. They carry leather straps too.

These are just the type of girls I'm looking for
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Milltown Row2

I've part of a black eye that i got last week.

It's yellow'd eye Friday for me tonight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea