Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 443679 times)

stew

• View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #10350 on: September 11, 2017, 01:07:17 AM »
The NFL is back. Jaguars had a big win over the Texans in Houston. Looks like the Packers are going to hold on against the Seahawks.

Hardly holding on now, they had the ball and ran out the clock.

That Seattle offense is shite.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #10351 on: September 11, 2017, 09:47:06 AM »
Arizona's season could be over. Palmer looks like an old man suddenly. He's always been a bit windy and the Cardinals offensive line is not good enough to keep a panicky QB from hearing footsteps. David Johnson was having a slow start as well, and then he fumbled a ball, and went out straight away with a suspected badly sprained wrist which may keep him out for several weeks.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: September 11, 2017, 11:23:11 AM »
Hey Syf, any thoughts on Elliott putting in a good shift for the cowboys last night Ruth all the controversy banging over him? I mean, they released a player who was misidentified in a robbery so aul Jerry is clearly a man of principle. When it comes to a star player, he'd absolutely agree the same...oh wait
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: September 11, 2017, 12:27:42 PM »
Hey Syf, any thoughts on Elliott putting in a good shift for the cowboys last night Ruth all the controversy banging over him? I mean, they released a player who was misidentified in a robbery so aul Jerry is clearly a man of principle. When it comes to a star player, he'd absolutely agree the same...oh wait

An NFL team would start the devil himself if they thought he could be productive
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: September 11, 2017, 12:32:42 PM »

An NFL team would start the devil himself if they thought he could be productive

Correct minder, the worst offenders of this historically are the Cowboys and the Raiders, they really set the bar low for bringing in knackers because they can be productive.

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: September 11, 2017, 12:34:00 PM »

Correct minder, the worst offenders of this historically are the Cowboys and the Raiders, they really set the bar low for bringing in knackers because they can be productive.

I actually think Ray Lewis was the worst case
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: September 11, 2017, 12:34:06 PM »
The Bengals were even worse for a long time. They still have lads like Vonte Burfect with them. Is Pac Man Jones still there?

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: September 11, 2017, 01:03:55 PM »
Has Burfict ever had any off field troubles like domestic violence/rape/firearms etc.? Thought he was missing a dirty b**tard of a player.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:04:30 PM by gallsman »
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: September 11, 2017, 02:46:32 PM »
Gutted for my Bears last night whose gutsy display against the NFC champions ended up with nothing after they couldn't punch it in from the 5 yard line. That and a ridiculous TD where Ryan was practically down before unleashing a bomb were the difference. I think people underestimate how badly hit the Bears were with injuries over the last two seasons. Think they'll be competitive for the most part given any luck on this front. Luck that obviously Kevin White doesn't have. I'm hoping Glennon can be competent enough that they don't have to throw Trubisky in too early.

straightred

• View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: September 11, 2017, 03:12:39 PM »
The NFL is back. Jaguars had a big win over the Texans in Houston. Looks like the Packers are going to hold on against the Seahawks.

True but the Packers got some serious help last night. Pick 6 nullified by a phantom block in the back. Ejection from a phantom punch. No PI given when the seahawk was literally pinned down and prevented from jumping in the end-zone. A questionable TD for GB (i'm not convinced that their line was set in time) - I'll give them that one though as the seahawks shouldn't have had 12 men on the pitch.
Home teams catch a lot of breaks in the NFL

Ball Hopper

• View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: September 11, 2017, 03:15:38 PM »

True but the Packers got some serious help last night. Pick 6 nullified by a phantom block in the back. Ejection from a phantom punch. No PI given when the seahawk was literally pinned down and prevented from jumping in the end-zone. A questionable TD for GB (i'm not convinced that their line was set in time) - I'll give them that one though as the seahawks shouldn't have had 12 men on the pitch.

Last man standing strategy...pick a team with a good defensive record in Week 1, preferably at home.  Poorish opponent will help as well.  No brainer - Houston over Jaguars.  Result?  Jags 29 Houston 7. 

There's always next year, as the Liverpool lads say.

Oraisteach

• View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: September 13, 2017, 02:54:24 AM »
Indians just won 20 in a row.  Wow!

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: September 13, 2017, 08:41:04 AM »

The Packers get more than their fair share.

Seattle will need Tom Cable to play himself the way their o-line is going. You can't have an offense with a terrible o-line. If they can do something to make that semi passable they'll be a good team this year. I think their defence is better than the last few years.

Oraisteach

• View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: September 13, 2017, 08:14:15 PM »
21 straight wins for the Indians, an American League record.  Amazing.

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #10364 on: September 14, 2017, 12:28:12 AM »
Gutted for my Bears last night whose gutsy display against the NFC champions ended up with nothing after they couldn't punch it in from the 5 yard line. That and a ridiculous TD where Ryan was practically down before unleashing a bomb were the difference. I think people underestimate how badly hit the Bears were with injuries over the last two seasons. Think they'll be competitive for the most part given any luck on this front. Luck that obviously Kevin White doesn't have. I'm hoping Glennon can be competent enough that they don't have to throw Trubisky in too early.

Da Bears still suck! Seanie do you know what a FIB is??? Wisconites absolutely hates FIBS, especially on game day )