The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Are you Porky Parry in disguise?

Wenger will soon realise that he will never fulfill his European ambitions with the Goons and is bound to be made an offer he can't refuse by one of Europe's big clubs which matches his ambition ;D

new devil

spiritof91and94

Quote from: T Fearon on October 26, 2007, 04:56:29 PM
Are you Porky Parry in disguise?

Wenger will soon realise that he will never fulfill his European ambitions with the Goons and is bound to be made an offer he can't refuse by one of Europe's big clubs which matches his ambition ;D

Sorry, im not!!!! but i am led to believe you are Porky Fearon in the real!
I guess that rules Arsene out of going to the Lane then!! :o

Pietas

Its' always the same on this board.  Any thread that Tony Fearon is on is used a stick to beat him.  Any chance we could discuss spurs without people hurling personal abuse.

I, for one, am sick of it. 

So, did Jol deserve to be sacked, or did he fall out with the wrong people (Helmsley?) on the board?

edit: it's a done deal - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

T Fearon

Never mind Pietas, when Spirit of 91and94 is hurling abuse at me he is not self abusing himself ;D

Good blog about the Jol situation on BBC Sport. The whole thing can be traced back to the defeat by the Goons last January (after a two goal lead was lost) followed up be a similar defeat by chelsea in the FA Cup. The Board began to seriously doubt whether Jol was good enough to help the club realise its ambitions. Apparently he pissed off the Board as well, constantly claiming how much he was in demand from other clubs. This should have ended last summer, instead of allowing the current mess that was waiting to happen, to develop. I feel they got it right in their assessment, Jol is good but not good enough for a club with Champions league aspirations

Its good to see a Manager like Ramos leave a club that is doing ok in the Champions League for Spurs all the same. Hope he takes Fredi Kanoute back as well, another of Jol's serious mistakes.

One way or another the AGM is going to be good crack this year!

Pietas

Tony,

Can you post the link to the blog you mention.  Personally, I hate to see Spurs involved in this circus again.  The club hasn't been stable since Nicholson!
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Owenmoresider

Tottenham make Ramos head coach 

Ramos holds the Spanish equivalent of the FA Cup
Juande Ramos has signed a four-year deal to become the new head coach of Tottenham Hotspur, replacing Martin Jol who was sacked on Thursday.
Ramos, 53, resigned as Sevilla coach on Saturday morning and Spurs have asked Leeds if they can invite Gus Poyet to work as Ramos's assistant.

Ramos said: "It is a squad any coach would be excited to work with. There is potential to achieve great things."

Newspaper reports suggest he will be paid up to £6m a year by Spurs.

Report: Ramos takes charge at Spurs

Ramos will be at White Hart Lane for Sunday's Premiership clash with Blackburn and take charge of Spurs for the first time for Wednesday's Carling Cup visit of Blackpool.

Tottenham must now negotiate a pay-off to Jol and a compensation package for Sevilla.

I was hugely impressed with the Spurs fans both home and away when Sevilla played Spurs last season

Juande Ramos

Ramos led Sevilla to the Uefa Cup title in each of the last two seasons and into the Champions League for the first time after they finished a close third behind Real Madrid and Barcelona last year.

He also won a European Super Cup, a Copa del Rey and a Spanish Super Cup for the Andalusian club.

"This has been the hardest decision of my life," he said after leaving the Spanish club.

"My time at Sevilla has been the most important period of my life personally and professionally. I will be eternally grateful."

And in a statement released through the Tottenham website, he added: "I greatly appreciate the opportunity to work as head coach at Tottenham Hotspur, a club with a great tradition and history.

"Ever since I started my coaching career I have wanted to work in England. It is my sincere hope that I can repay the faith the Spurs board has shown in me.

"I am looking forward to meeting the players.

"I was hugely impressed with the Spurs fans both home and away when Sevilla played Spurs last season and it will be a privilege to be the coach of this club with the huge support it enjoys both at White Hart Lane and throughout the world."

Marcos Alvarez, 36, who worked with Ramos at Sevilla, will also join the Tottenham coaching staff.

Ramos' contract with Sevilla had been due to expire at the end of this season and Manolo Jimenez has been promoted from youth team coach to replace Ramos until the end of the season.

RAMOS FACTFILE
Full name:
Juan de la Cruz Ramos Cano
Managerial career:
Alcoyano (1993-94)
Levante (1994-95)
Logrones (1995-96)
Barcelona B (1996-97)
Lleida (1997-98)
Real Vallecano (1998-01)
Real Betis (2001-02)
Espanyol (2002)
Malaga (2003-04)
Sevilla (2005-07)
Trophies: Uefa Cup (2005, 2006)
Super Cup (2006)
Copa del Rey (2007)
Spanish Supercopa (2007)

Spurs sporting director Damien Comolli said: "Juande's arrival is great news for Tottenham Hotspur.

"He brings with him a wealth of experience, a proven track record and a winning pedigree.

"Now is the time for us to regroup and look to deliver the results and performances that everyone associated with the club wants to see."

Ramos's appointment brings to an end a lengthy pursuit by Spurs.

They were revealed to be interested in recruiting the Spaniard in the first week of the season when officials met him at the Alfonso XIII hotel in Sevilla.

He steps into the vacancy left by Jol, who was sacked following a disappointing start to the season which has left Spurs third from bottom.

spiritof91and94

I think Clive Allen should get the job - he really keeps the tradition going! ;D ;D :o ::)

T Fearon

Just got notice to-day of an EGM on Monday November 26th at White Hart Lane, although the agenda is all about financial matters there should still be some craic about Jol.

I have arranged to go to the Celtic AGM in Glasgow on the previous Monday unfortunately.

What the hell were Hughton and Jol doing at the Southend game on Saturday?

Ramos reputedly bringing Fredi back along with Alves (a super player) and Palop in from Seville.

PS Even though we are playing shit its good to see we can still score more goals than the Goons at Anfield and don't have to rely on late equalisers to scrape a point there ;D

ONeill

A shambles of a club. I heard Graham Roberts on the wireless the other night. It appears that Spurs didn't invite any past players, no matter how great they were, to their 125 celebrations recently if they had ever criticised the club in any way over the years. Roberts, one of Spurs' most revered players, was asked a month beforehand what he thought of the Martin Jol situation. He replied that he thought they shouldn't have contacted other managers behind Jol's back. He soon got a call from Spurs telling him never to talk ill of the club again. Roberts, amongst others, was then snubbed at the anniversary farce. As the radio station's journalists concluded, they're the most spineless, spiteful and idiotic club in the league and deserve to be in the shambles they find themselves.

Crap club.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: T Fearon on October 29, 2007, 06:37:29 PM
PS Even though we are playing shit its good to see we can still score more goals than the Goons at Anfield and don't have to rely on late equalisers to scrape a point there ;D
No, just concede a late one to drop two. >:(

spiritof91and94

Quote from: T Fearon on October 29, 2007, 06:37:29 PM
Just got notice to-day of an EGM on Monday November 26th at White Hart Lane, although the agenda is all about financial matters there should still be some craic about Jol.

I have arranged to go to the Celtic AGM in Glasgow on the previous Monday unfortunately.

What the hell were Hughton and Jol doing at the Southend game on Saturday?

Ramos reputedly bringing Fredi back along with Alves (a super player) and Palop in from Seville.

I bet the Celtic Crew are more than delighted you can attend - maybe the spurs board will change the date to accomodate you Tony? You should give them a call as I am sure Daniel would like your points of view on the running of the club / team especially as the Relegation battle is in full swing for you's now!!
Freddie showed all his credentials in the Champions League at the Emirates and if you lot take him back that will really show some great ambition in your fight to remain a 'top side'!!!

As for your final quote I wont comment but it is a very sad point considering your high flying start to the season!!
Keep them coming son!! ;D

Pietas

Quote from: ONeill on October 29, 2007, 06:49:20 PM
Roberts, one of Spurs' most revered player

You're having a laugh. A big stopper of a centre back, nothing more.

T Fearon

On another point,did you see the photo of the legend in the November edition of Hotspur? The guy with me is called Jennings by the way ;D

Square Ball

Quote from: T Fearon on October 30, 2007, 03:05:45 PM
On another point,did you see the photo of the legend in the November edition of Hotspur? The guy with me is called Jennings by the way ;D

should this not be in the favourite comic thread?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid