Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on July 26, 2017, 10:34:27 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on July 24, 2017, 06:46:47 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 14, 2017, 04:21:49 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on July 14, 2017, 10:15:38 AM
There no odds for underage games anymore but Derry would be favourites. I wouldn't be confident just for the fact that we play naively and a well set up team would kill us.

Also with regards senior team one player said that the strength and conditioning was better with his club than with the county team. Would explain all the injuries and lack of fitness.

That's bad. Fitness in every game I saw this year was an issue, we couldn't maintain intensity to the end.

The first steps in solving this are happening with s and c coach gone. Probably will be one or two more changes to backroom team.

Did he walk or was he pushed?

His twitter account would infer walked but from what I heard few weeks ago pushed more than likely. County Board have identified changes needed in backroom team. Expect more but manager will remain.

Westside

Anyone know what's going on in the minor camp? What I'm hearing on the grapevine is woeful stuff.

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on July 27, 2017, 09:20:43 PM
Anyone know what's going on in the minor camp? What I'm hearing on the grapevine is woeful stuff.

Sent you a pm there.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on July 27, 2017, 11:42:22 PM
Quote from: Westside on July 27, 2017, 09:20:43 PM

Sent you a pm there.

Is there management changes in last couple weeks? Also players acting up?

mrdeeds

Anyway championship started and the two senior results as expected but Ramor a lot tighter than expected. Missing a few players and Cuchullains have talented forwards.

comeysfield

Things we learned at the weekend

John Brady is one hell of a lucky general

Looking like Ramor and the Gaels (bit of shadow boxing this week) in the senior but Kingscourt not far off it

Early days but Ballyhaise and Laragh look like teams to beat in the Intermediate and maybe Ballymachugh can finally win that Junior

Itchy

Highlights of the minor game is on the TG4 player - search for GAA 2017. The last score by Cian Madden was out of this world, cant think of a better point all year.

mrdeeds

The big 4 left at senior level. Gaels got it a lot tougher than expected. Castlerahan good win minus Mackey.

cavanmaniac

Castlerahan are the Mayo of the Cavan SFC, always there or thereabouts but contrive to find a way to lose finals repeatedly.

mrdeeds

And then there were two. As a Castlerahan man I'll acknowledge Gaels are favourites and rightly so. However our defensive work is impressive and in Mackey we have a gem. Hopefully he can get himself fully fit for final.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 24, 2017, 09:46:42 PM
And then there were two. As a Castlerahan man I'll acknowledge Gaels are favourites and rightly so. However our defensive work is impressive and in Mackey we have a gem. Hopefully he can get himself fully fit for final.

It would be great to see rahan finally get over the line.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Thastheball on October 04, 2017, 12:11:25 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 24, 2017, 11:20:33 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on September 24, 2017, 09:46:42 PM

It would be great to see rahan finally get over the line.

I would love to see Tony Brady get his day in the sun, but not at our expense

It's Donal Keogan and Anthony Forde over Castlerahan.

Itchy

Wasn't at the game but gaels back top of the pile. Seems it was a brutal match, castlerahan too defensive. Lot of niggle and the ref lost control. According to northern sound Johnston should have got red early but ref bottled it. He got 5 points and mom thereafter. That said best team by quite a bit won. Hopefully they can give Ulster a right rattle.

Blue in hope

Mr Deeds don't know what game you were at today. From the very start the castlerahan corner back was pulling dragging and kicking Johnston who got no protection from the referee. He drifted out to the sideline beside mr mcquillan and was still been kicked pulled and dragged, but the linesman saw nothing. Castle Rahman made no attempt to play football. Chesty was the runner for the Gaels not Crotty. He was struck by Keoghan but surprise Mr Mc Quillan saw nothing. Start of the second half four Castlerahan assaulted no other word for it Johnston. Considering the abuse he took he did very well to keep his cool- I certainly wouldn't. I don't blame the referee but certainly blame his linesmen for failing to do their duty and protect players from this thuggery that happened today. The team that went out to try play football won. If only Castlrahan tried a different approach to the last two years they might have done better.

Itchy

Quote from: Thastheball on October 09, 2017, 11:27:03 AM
Quote from: Blue in hope on October 08, 2017, 11:52:03 PM
Mr Deeds don't know what game you were at today. From the very start the castlerahan corner back was pulling dragging and kicking Johnston who got no protection from the referee. He drifted out to the sideline beside mr mcquillan and was still been kicked pulled and dragged, but the linesman saw nothing. Castle Rahman made no attempt to play football. Chesty was the runner for the Gaels not Crotty. He was struck by Keoghan but surprise Mr Mc Quillan saw nothing. Start of the second half four Castlerahan assaulted no other word for it Johnston. Considering the abuse he took he did very well to keep his cool- I certainly wouldn't. I don't blame the referee but certainly blame his linesmen for failing to do their duty and protect players from this thuggery that happened today. The team that went out to try play football won. If only Castlrahan tried a different approach to the last two years they might have done better.

Great win to get another title. Seanie took some abuse. I was going mental at the linesmen and umpires, gave the man no protection at all. Keoghan would need to wise up. We are in the good side of the draw in the Ulster club.

Bit old to start wising up at this stage!

Cavan could really do with the Gaels making an impact in Ulster.