More sectarianism in Irish League Football

Started by T Fearon, August 14, 2007, 12:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: tintin25 on August 14, 2007, 02:58:27 PM
Quote from: inisceithleann on August 14, 2007, 02:46:30 PM
I think theres no reason why jeffrey couldn't make it in england. Why is this such a ridiculous suggestion? some of the managers in the lower leagues in england are awful, sure even roddy collins give it a go, as bad as he turned out to be. he's had incredible success at linfield and with a decent budget could do a decent job. with stephen kenny going to scotland a lot of clubs are copping on to the ability of managers this side of the irish sea.

Didn't say it was a ridiculous suggestion but couldn't see it happening. Yes, he's had incredible success at Linfield but the funds they have had in comparision to other league irish clubs is massive, in the context of the irish league of course. I'm sure even I could motivate the players and devise some sort of tactical plan to defeat teams such as Armagh City, Larne and Donegal Celtic!!!

I couldn't see David Jeffrey making it in the English leagues but who knows. I think he's suited to being manager of a "big fish in a small pond" and he has no experience of full-time management.

his holiness nb

Quote from: MW on August 14, 2007, 02:59:33 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on August 14, 2007, 02:58:16 PM
Rather than post all the previous waffle why didnt you just say "100% right his holiness, well said".

Woudl have saved time  ;)

Yes, but it would also have been basically the polar opposite of what I meant...

Now you are catching on  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

T Fearon

Allegations of sectarian abuse made by Fermanagh GAA Player...instantly believed by OWC

Allegations of sectarian abuse made by Irish League manager...instantly rubbished by OWC

Where is the consistency? I think we know the answer....

MW

Quote from: T Fearon on August 14, 2007, 03:22:36 PM
Allegations of sectarian abuse made by Fermanagh GAA Player...instantly believed by OWC

Allegations of sectarian abuse made by Irish League manager...instantly rubbished by OWC

So now apparently I personify OWC? ??? How so? (Niether did I 'rubbish' Jeffrey's allegations - I pointd out Ballymena fans' outraged reaction)

When did I "instantly believe" what Darren Graham said? (When did scores of eyewitnesses come out to vociferously deny it, too?)

Wierd. You're getting worse, Tony...

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

magpie seanie

Well it seems quite plausible to me that (a) Darren Graham did suffer sectarian abuse and (b) this Jeffrey character is a bit of a looper and is making shit up.

Just my tuppence worth.

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 14, 2007, 03:39:16 PM
MW = Sammy G ?

No MW doesn't do that stupid quote every line at a time and then reply to it by saywing Lie or Where or Have you proof of that

his holiness nb

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on August 14, 2007, 04:31:36 PM
MW = Sammy G ?

No MW doesn't do that stupid quote every line at a time and then reply to it by saywing Lie or Where or Have you proof of that

Theres one quite like that on the first page of this thread, thats what got me thinking.
Probably not him though I do agree.
Ask me holy bollix

MW

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 14, 2007, 04:22:56 PM
Shock Horror, allegations of sectarianism in NI Soccer.
Shock Horror, the ususal suspects are very quick to defend NI Soccer.

Funny enough, when I saw you'd commented on this thread, I though "Well along with his holiness nb that's the both two usual suspects now posting with their inane crap". (FFS it's basically a single transferable post from either of you at this stage on these threads, it's so predictable and insubstantial - and his holiness's are no better).

Have you some sort of problem with me sharing Ballymena fans' reaction to Jeffrey's allegations?

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 14, 2007, 04:34:17 PM
Quote from: Deal_Me_In on August 14, 2007, 04:31:36 PM
MW = Sammy G ?

Theres one quite like that on the first page of this thread, thats what got me thinking.
Probably not him though I do agree.

You talked crap about me, I asked you to back it up, you couldn't even try to do so.

All very boring and predictable by now. ::)

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 14, 2007, 02:40:49 PM
I find it funny how all the NI soccer contigent rush to say it didnt happen, or it probably didnt happen, or that the manager isnt to be believed when they are quick to jump on the GAA when something similar happens with Darren Graham and everyone on here A) takes Darrens word for it and B) supports him and hopes this sort of carry on is cut out.

Quote from: T Fearon on August 14, 2007, 03:22:36 PM

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 14, 2007, 04:22:56 PM
Shock Horror, allegations of sectarianism in NI Soccer.
Shock Horror, the ususal suspects are very quick to defend NI Soccer.

Guys, this is a very odd and slightly disturbing mindset all three of you are exhibiting.

I am not a collective and never have been. Attribute my comments to me and me alone. I do not speak for anyone but myself. And have the decency not to attribute anyone else's comments to be or claim I've said things that I haven't.

'Themmuns' aren't just some amorphous, interchangeable mass, is that clear?

MW

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 14, 2007, 04:41:05 PM
Quote from: MW on August 14, 2007, 04:34:36 PM
[Have you some sort of problem with me sharing Ballymena fans' reaction to Jeffrey's allegations?

I have no problem with your views on Jeffreys or Ballymena.
All I am saying that it is not the first time the Irish League or NI Football in general has had allegations of sectarianism and of course the usual apologists are quick to jump on the bandwagon to deny anything ever happens.
It doesnt really bother me one way or the other. I support neither team.

What "bandwagon"? When the hell have I ever denied "anything ever happens"? What on earth am I an "apologist" for? ???

I know you don't like eyewitness accounts throwing the cold light of day on allegations. Tough. I make no apology for sharing Ballymena fans' accounts.

And far from "denying" anything, I've said I wasn't there and don't know. I've given some of the evidence at my disposal and said who I'd believe.

his holiness nb

Quote from: MW on August 14, 2007, 04:34:36 PM
Funny enough, when I saw you'd commented on this thread, I though "Well along with his holiness nb that's the both two usual suspects now posting with their inane crap". (FFS it's basically a single transferable post from either of you at this stage on these threads, it's so predictable and insubstantial - and his holiness's are no better).

Have you some sort of problem with me sharing Ballymena fans' reaction to Jeffrey's allegations?

"the usual suspects"  ::)
Why not just say "themmuns"  ::)

My point was how curious it was that instead of saying "well if the allegations are true its terrible BUT....." then go on it would have been more balanced that straight away post "eye witness" accounts of people saying it never happened and questioning the creditibility of the accusor.

Just the acceptance that its a possibility that this happened would have said a lot for you rather than blind denial of an incident said to have happened at a game you said yourself you werent at.
I'm not saying it happened either, but lets at least accept it may have happened.

And before you start, no you didnt say it didnt happen, but your posts were clearly suggesting this without you having to make a statement of fact that might come back to embarrass you.

MW, if pointing this out is "inane crap" then I really give up on you, I'm just saying lets be balanced here.

Then again seeing as I am one of the "usual suspects" then maybe you had decided it was "inane crap" before even reading it.
Ask me holy bollix

MW

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 14, 2007, 04:49:03 PM
"the usual suspects"  ::)
Why not just say "themmuns"  ::)

Because I mean two individual people - you and 5ivetimes. I don't look on people as interchangeable members of some giant collective as some not too far away in cyberspace appear to.

My point was how curious it was that instead of saying "well if the allegations are true its terrible BUT....." then go on it would have been more balanced that straight away post "eye witness" accounts of people saying it never happened and questioning the creditibility of the accusor.

I've agreed it would be sad if this were true.

Just the acceptance that its a possibility that this happened would have said a lot for you rather than blind denial of an incident said to have happened at a game you said yourself you werent at.
I'm not saying it happened either, but lets at least accept it may have happened.

Where exactly did I make this "blind denial", or indeed any sort of denial? ::) Learn to read, FFS.

And before you start, no you didnt say it didnt happen, but your posts were clearly suggesting this without you having to make a statement of fact that might come back to embarrass you.

I ackowledged this was a two-sided story (unlike the original poster who simply presented Jeffrey's allegations as fact), said which side I'd tend to believe on this one, and why. Can't say fairer than that, really...

QuoteMW, if pointing this out is "inane crap" then I really give up on you, I'm just saying lets be balanced here.

See what I've just said above on 'balance'.

Then again seeing as I am one of the "usual suspects" then maybe you had decided it was "inane crap" before even reading it.

See below for the sort of inane crap I'm talking about.