Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Boycey on September 14, 2017, 10:44:37 PM
Pogba or Bailly will be the next long term Utd captain, probably Pogba I'd say.. it'll be the making of him..

So long as he gives up the emoji bollox and ghetto dances..

Boycey

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 15, 2017, 07:55:16 AM
Pogba or Bailly will be the next long term Utd captain, probably Pogba I'd say.. it'll be the making of him..

What big harm is he doing? It's better than the surly demeanour most of them have? Still maturing on and off the field. Losing the tag of worlds most expensive player will help him too I reckon..

magpie seanie

Are you for real?

NAG1

I know Matic has come in and done really well, but what is the story with Herrera has he just lost out in that position.
I thought he was up there as the most consistent player in the squad last year.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: NAG1 on September 15, 2017, 02:54:35 PM
I know Matic has come in and done really well, but what is the story with Herrera has he just lost out in that position.
I thought he was up there as the most consistent player in the squad last year.

You cant knock Herrera's attitude or the intensity in his game.  I just don't think he has the presence or can read the game like Matic.  Pogba is an automatic and Mourinho has a role for Fellani when required.  Herrera will just have to take his chance which he might get with Pogba out this next few weeks.
Living the dream!!!

Boycey

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 15, 2017, 02:33:29 PM

Are you for real?

Yeah I'm for real, who are the contenders?

De Gea - still likely to go to Real at some stage soon

Defenders - Only really Bailly or Jones maybe, others not there long enough or not established enough

Midfielders - Matic probably not there long enough
                   Herrera - Was in the frame but probably not guaranteed to be in 1st 11
                   Fellaini - same as Herrera

Attacking players
                   Rashford/ Martial - way too young and raw
                    Mata/Mkhitaryan - neither strike me as forceful enough
                   Lukaku- can't see it myself

So yeah Pogba for me or some other unsigned 'galactico'. He's the right age, still developing and hopefully will be in the engine room at Utd for years to come. I wouldn't get too caught up with this emoji/hairstyle bullshit he'll grow out of it..

magpie seanie

Pogba is the last person in the United team I'd make a captain. I'd say he has velcro boots because I'd doubt he'd manage the laces. He needs someone to advise to advise or help him, not the other way around.

Clearly DeGea should be the captain in Valencia's absence.

Boycey

It's obviously not that clear.....

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Boycey on September 15, 2017, 09:01:35 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 15, 2017, 07:55:16 AM

What big harm is he doing? It's better than the surly demeanour most of them have? Still maturing on and off the field. Losing the tag of worlds most expensive player will help him too I reckon..

Don't get me wrong, he and Lingard are doing no harm enjoying themselves with such practised celebrations. You can't to that shit when you are captain tho.  How do you tell a young player to knuckle down and stop acting the wankbag when you as captain are acting the homie when you score?

under the bar

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 15, 2017, 03:33:18 PM
Pogba is the last person in the United team I'd make a captain. I'd say he has velcro boots because I'd doubt he'd manage the laces. He needs someone to advise to advise or help him, not the other way around.

Sometimes making a player captain makes him wise up, hence Pogba might benefit.  As for De Gea many managers believe it's a waste of time making a keeper captain as his physical sphere of influence is limited when its needed further up the pitch.  I'd agreed with that view.

Syferus

Quote from: under the bar on September 15, 2017, 10:12:45 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 15, 2017, 03:33:18 PM

Sometimes making a player captain makes him wise up, hence Pogba might benefit.  As for De Gea many managers believe it's a waste of time making a keeper captain as his physical sphere of influence is limited when its needed further up the pitch.  I'd agreed with that view.

Does being captain mean fûck all in most team sports these days anyways? The leaders on a team are the leaders whether they have an arm band or not.

stew

Quote from: Don Johnson on September 14, 2017, 10:39:10 PM
Quote from: stew on September 11, 2017, 12:41:45 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 11, 2017, 10:25:43 AM
Hughes acted the root so Mourinho was right to ignore him.

No he didn't, he simply wanted the rules to apply to Mourinho like they do everyone else, he left his technical area and made it about him, Hughes put manners on him, the fact is he is the manager of Manchester united, he should be man enough to stick his paw out at the end of the game.

I dealt with a cheating wee **** in Wisconsin for about 15 years, this man was playing overage players against my team for years, even when we caught him out he would walk right through the sanctions imposed, even though he wrecked tournaments etc, when he managed to beat my teams I grit my teeth and shook his hand and muttered too good or words to that effect, when we beat him despite his cheating he would f**k off ten minutes before the end of the game to not be associated with a loss, especially to me.

Mourinho meeds to shake the managers hand at the end, you can fight after in the lounge if you like but the sporting thing to do is to man up and stick your paw out even though, at that moment you want to strangle the hoor.

You noble b**tard.

Nothing to do with nobility and your sarcasm is uncalled for.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Boycey

Hope Rooney gets a great reception tomorrow, he deserves one..

stew

Quote from: Boycey on September 16, 2017, 09:17:35 PM
Hope Rooney gets a great reception tomorrow, he deserves one..
He does and he will Boycey, I will be watching Mayo win Sam in the Harps Club, I will not give a shite how United do for the 70 minutes of that game.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.