Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aughafad

Quote from: gawa316 on July 27, 2018, 05:59:54 PM
Any truth in the Maguire rumours? Could be a new most expensive defender mistake in the world

fixed that for you

BarryBreensBandage

The World Cup has not been kind to United with the performances of their players being very ordinary, which is what Utd looked like last year.

Based on WC:
De Gea - Very average
Young - Steady/reliable/boring
Smalling/Mata/Herrera - didn't even make it to WC
Jones/Martial/Rashford - Couldn't get starting for their national team
Lingard - Just exactly what does he do on a football field, apart from waste chances?
Matic - Steady/Boring
Lukaku - Very poor form especially in big matches
Fellaini - had a good enough world cup, but only makes a mark when brought on as an impact sub.
Teams seem to be able to deal with him when he starts.
Rojo - Part of a disaster of an Argentina side. Being touted as part of the deal to bring Maguire to OT, so can't be that well thought of.

Two players at teams who didn't make it to the WC -  Bailly (constantly injured) and Sanchez (shocking loss of form)

IMO, only Pogba looked anything like a world class player at the tournament.

And now, the great white hype of the English media, Maguire, is set to join them for 80m!

2018/19 looking very boring already; where is the spark going to come from? - I hope I'm wrong.

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Milltown Row2

Close the thread

That's the season over now before it starts...

Someone hand the cup to Man City
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

BBB, Matic - steady/boring about sums up United. As for De Gea very average, that's being very kind.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 27, 2018, 09:17:58 PM
Lingard - Just exactly what does he do on a football field, apart from waste chances?
Scores some good and important goals.

Helix

Quote from: Aughafad on July 27, 2018, 06:29:33 PM
Any truth in the Maguire rumours? Could be a new most expensive defender mistake in the world

fixed that for you

You'd be better off going for bonucci and throwing darnian in a deal plus cash. Let the dust settle on this outrageous price they're looking for Maguire. Taking the biscuit.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2018, 09:45:32 PM
Close the thread

That's not what I am saying at all.

Frankly watching Utd play atm bores the arse off me.
I would usually defend Mourinho but now I am starting to wonder is his management having an effect on these players?
There is no doubting the talent of, eg, Lingard and Rashford but they seem lost on a pitch, fitting in to the system.

At the WC, did we see the Mourinho effect with how these players performed?

Remember how Damien Duff used to play for Blackburn? He was electric, and his performances got him the move to Chelsea.
His wings were cut, he slotted into a defensive style of play under Mourinho and for me, he was never the same player after, at club or country level.
Granted,  he got his premiership medals, and performed to a very high standard but his play was nowhere near as exciting, just, well, normal.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Helix on July 27, 2018, 10:55:11 PM
Quote from: Aughafad on July 27, 2018, 06:29:33 PM

fixed that for you

You'd be better off going for bonucci and throwing darnian in a deal plus cash. Let the dust settle on this outrageous price they're looking for Maguire. Taking the biscuit.

Agreed

Aloysius Snuffleupagus

The World Cup has not been kind to United with the performances of their players being very ordi
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 27, 2018, 11:01:53 PM
Close the thread

I would usually defend Mourinho but now I am starting to wonder is his management having an effect on these players?
There is no doubting the talent of, eg, Lingard and Rashford but they seem lost on a pitch, fitting in to the system.

Remember how Damien Duff used to play for Blackburn? He was electric, and his performances got him the move to Chelsea.
His wings were cut, he slotted into a defensive style of play under Mourinho and for me, he was never the same player after, at club or country level.
Granted,  he got his premiership medals, and performed to a very high standard but his play was nowhere near as exciting, just, well, normal.

nary, which is what Utd looked like last year.

Based on WC:
De Gea - Very average
Matic - Steady/Boring
Fellaini - had a good enough world cup, but only makes a mark when brought on as an impact sub.
Rojo - Part of a disaster of an Argentina side. Being touted as part of the deal to bring Maguire to OT, so can't be that well thought of.

Two players at teams who didn't make it to the WC -  Bailly (constantly injured) and Sanchez (shocking loss of form)

And now, the great white hype of the English media, Maguire, is set to join them for 80m!

2018/19 looking very boring already; where is the spark going to come from? - I hope I'm wrong.

Jesus.miserable as f**k

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Aloysius Snuffleupagus on July 28, 2018, 02:10:43 AM
The World Cup has not been kind to United with the performances of their players being very ordi
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 27, 2018, 11:01:53 PM
Close the thread

nary, which is what Utd looked like last year.

Based on WC:
De Gea - Very average
Matic - Steady/Boring

Jesus.miserable as f**k

Agreed.

under the bar

The World Cup has not been kind to United with the performances of their players being very ordinary, which is what Utd looked like last year.

Based on WC:
De Gea - Very average
Matic - Steady/Boring

What's your point?  Personally I'd be happier if no United player kicked a ball at the WC so they are fresh for the new season. 

under the bar

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 27, 2018, 04:56:18 PM
Transfer wise we've not not done enough so far, can't believe we've not signed a left back, its beyond a joke.

I'd be content will letting Martial leave as long as someone like Perisic came in. One of the reasons I'd imagine United are prepared to let him go is some of the attacking talent we've got coming through. Good to see Mason Greenwood get some game time, he's even a better prospect then Angel Gomes. A mate knows one of the youth coaches at United who's been split his time coaching between both City & United the last 15 years and he says Greenwood is easily the best youngster either club have produced in that time.
Not sure I'd agree on Martial.  He's 22 and no better place to develop than at Old Trafford to realise his undoubted potential.   Perisic will undoubtedly improve the first 11  but for how long?  I'd love to see him at OT but not at the expense of Martial or Rashford for that matter. 

rodney trotter

Why would Old Trafford be the best place to develop? Mourinho let Lukaku and De Bruyne go at Chelsea. He shipped out Salah a few months after signing him.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: under the bar on July 28, 2018, 10:39:34 AM

Based on WC:
De Gea - Very average
Matic - Steady/Boring

What's your point?  Personally I'd be happier if no United player kicked a ball at the WC so they are fresh for the new season.

My point is simply that it was a poor world cup for United players.

Good luck with winning anything if you would be happy with a team made up of fresh sub international standard players!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 28, 2018, 01:11:06 PM
Quote from: under the bar on July 28, 2018, 10:39:34 AM

Based on WC:
De Gea - Very average
Matic - Steady/Boring

My point is simply that it was a poor world cup for United players.

Good luck with winning anything if you would be happy with a team made up of fresh sub international standard players!

So you base your opinion on how players perform in a cup competition with different players in different positions and when they didn't even play? Interesting
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea