Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

While the result was bad the performance was worse! You can't take it away from the best team in the league to win it with five famed to go is some achievement..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

Quote from: beer baron on April 15, 2018, 06:56:25 PM
Looks like we've turned into Liverpool, able to raise ourselves for a game against the big sides but then play shite against the bread and butter teams.
Was hoping i'd never see the day  :(
That's how we played in the 80s. This team has no balls and no leaders. Spurs could hammer them next sat if Utd play like today.

David McKeown

Terrible performance today not assisted by very poor refereeing. That said you can't use that as an excuse. It happens to all teams through out the season. Hope they improve on Saturday as I'm flying over
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

magpie seanie

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 15, 2018, 05:32:03 PM
Last week Manchester United beat the best team in the league away and today getting beaten at home by the worst team in the league. That lack of consistency must be very frustrating for any Manchester United supporter.

Last week they were abject until forced to attack by being 0-2 down.

The problem is obvious and I've been saying it since before the appointment. Mourinho is a dinosaur. Clearly the players don't buy into or can't buy into his prehistoric tactics. City might have a marginally better squad (or might not) but Liverpool don't and they're likely to make the CL final and are 1 point behind United in the table. After all the money United have spent???

I'm sick of it.

BennyCake

Has Smalling ever defended a corner without pulling an opponents shirt? Why doesn't he learn how to f**king defend? How he gets his place is beyond me.

Maroon Manc

Poor performance, players didn't look interested from early on. I haven't seen the stats but a huge percentage of the goals we concede come from set pieces which is just bizare when you look at the size of the team. 3 of the 4 goals conceded against City this season were from set pieces.

Huge game next week although thoughts are firmly on next season already.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 16, 2018, 09:20:37 AM
Poor performance, players didn't look interested from early on. I haven't seen the stats but a huge percentage of the goals we concede come from set pieces which is just bizare when you look at the size of the team. 3 of the 4 goals conceded against City this season were from set pieces.

What's going to change?

Armamike

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 16, 2018, 09:14:16 AM
Last week Manchester United beat the best team in the league away and today getting beaten at home by the worst team in the league. That lack of consistency must be very frustrating for any Manchester United supporter.

The problem is obvious and I've been saying it since before the appointment. Mourinho is a dinosaur. Clearly the players don't buy into or can't buy into his prehistoric tactics. City might have a marginally better squad (or might not) but Liverpool don't and they're likely to make the CL final and are 1 point behind United in the table. After all the money United have spent???

I'm sick of it.

As a Liverpool supporter there are very few Man u players i'd want in the Liverpool first team. De Gea, that's about it.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 16, 2018, 09:27:44 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 16, 2018, 09:20:37 AM

What's going to change?

Better players will come in.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Armamike on April 16, 2018, 11:40:46 AM

I'm sick of it.

As a Liverpool supporter there are very few Man u players i'd want in the Liverpool first team. De Gea, that's about it.

The league table would suggest otherwise.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Armamike on April 16, 2018, 11:40:46 AM

I'm sick of it.

I find that hard to believe. I think only Van Dijk and Salah would really improve Uniteds first 11. Another debate can be had for tactics/style of play but player for player United are stronger.

magpie seanie

Form and tactics count for a lot (and tactics have a direct impact on form). This time last year everyone would have wanted a handful of Chelsea players in their side. The year before a few Leicester lads. Everyone would love a few city players now....

AZOffaly

As you say, playing style makes it hard to compare some lads, but I suspect Salah, Firmino, Mané, Robertson, Van Dijk and maybe TAA would be knocking around the Man United Team.

For Liverpool I'd love Rashford. Imagine him on a Klopp team!? Matic would be nice too.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 16, 2018, 12:31:18 PM
As you say, playing style makes it hard to compare some lads, but I suspect Salah, Firmino, Mané, Robertson, Van Dijk and maybe TAA would be knocking around the Man United Team.

For Liverpool I'd love Rashford. Imagine him on a Klopp team!? Matic would be nice too.

Wouldn't mind DDG either!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 16, 2018, 12:33:11 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 16, 2018, 12:31:18 PM

Wouldn't mind DDG either!

Ah yeah, I was just adding. Armamike mentioned him and said he was the only one.