Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the bigger legend

Paulo Maldini
30 (56.6%)
Seamus Moynihan
23 (43.4%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Shamrock Shore

Pony gets the Longford vote, even if he did get a roasting from Paul Barden in Killarney last year.

Will Maldini visit National Schools with the cup? Will he feck.

passedit

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 24, 2007, 08:12:27 PM
hang on..I'll take that back in case I get banned !

I love Down

Indeed Mike I apologise. Munster football is ultracompetitive and Micko is a saint.

Ah jeezus i don't know how long i could stick this maybe i should take the mods advice an fcuk off and start my own board.  ::)
Don't Panic

Stagmeister

I'd prob go for Maldini just because he's been at the top for so long and although soccer is an inferior game to gaelic football  ;D its harder to get to andstay at the top as its played worldwide...

But surely Kevin Moran would beat the both of them hands down as he proved himself to be a legend in both sports?? If he stuck at the GAA he could possibly have become the best Centre Half Back of all time???

AZOffaly

Kevin Moran???? Sure all he did was get sent off in a Cup Final, and solo 60 yards before kicking it a mile wide in an All IReland Final :D

thejuice

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 25, 2007, 09:51:23 AM
Kevin Moran???? Sure all he did was get sent off in a Cup Final, and solo 60 yards before kicking it a mile wide in an All IReland Final :D

Yeah but he did it very fast
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

resdubwhite

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 25, 2007, 09:51:23 AM

Yeah but the dubs didn't need the score anyway.

I'd go for Maldini. But I believe the pony has other talents, if you know what I mean.

oneillcup2007

I admire Maldini, a great professional at work.  I admire the pony a great amateur at play.

ildanach

to make your senior debut in 1985 and be stil playing is unreal.  But this just shows how tough a game we have. Can not think of anyone who has played senior intercounty football for more than 14 or 15 years
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

BallyhaiseMan

while Maldini is a great soccer player,he has been paid huge money for over 20 years now to keep in shape to play professional soccer.
Moynihan however has had to balance Work alongside the pressures Intercounty Football for a long period of time .
No Comparison for me
Moynihan wins it every time.
Also Moynihan would bury Maldini with a shoulder if they ever met.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

thejuice

Quote from: oneillcup2007 on May 25, 2007, 01:39:40 PM
a great professional at work.

what does Seamus do for a living. I'm sure he is a great professional too at whatever he does. Moynihan is twice the man Maldini is.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

the colonel

QuoteCan not think of anyone who has played senior intercounty football for more than 14 or 15 years

micky linden must have played for at least that, and he wasn't bad either
the difference between success and failure is energy

TacadoirArdMhacha

More in common than you might think, both made successful transition between full back and centre back in their careers.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead