Fermanagh
Longford
Offaly
Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

magpie seanie

magpie seanie

Only 2 points in it, injury time. 1-16 to 3-8.

magpie seanie

That was the final score. Ferm by 2.

FermGael

Fermanagh tried  their best to lose that
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

magpie seanie

Ye let us back into a game we had no right to be in last week too.

FermGael

An excellent first half last night from Fermanagh followed by a shocking second half.
We were flying in the first half.
1-8 to no score up and Derry were all over the shop.
We conceded a silly goal before half time from a quick free.  Exact same as the goals Derry
scored last year but we recovered to go in 9 or 10 up at half time.

Start of the second half our goalkeeper decided to make a game if it.
Missed one in the air and it sailed into the back of the net and about a minute later kicked one from
his hands straight to a Derry forward who buried it.
We were then in bother. We went back into a defensive shell and invited Derry into us.
They had another goal chance they missed and Fermanagh were very glad of the final whistle.
Why the Derry management did not start Benny Herron and Danny Tallon amazed me because they made
a very nice noticeable difference in the second half.

Being honest we still have not really played anybody we would not expect to bear.
Derry were poor and only for our keeper giving them a lifeline, we were 10 points the better team.
What is worrying  is that we are getting good leads on teams and then sitting back and letting them back into games.
It has happened against Derry, Sligo and Offally in the second half.
We play Westmeath, Armagh and Longford in that order.
If our second half performances don't improve we will not get promoted.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

sligoman2

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 23, 2018, 05:34:04 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 23, 2018, 03:53:25 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 23, 2018, 03:40:38 PM
Are the Sligo lads alright for directions Sunday? It's only been 30 years since they've visited, 29 since we beat them in the league, lots of ground to be made up.

https://westmeathgaa.ie/westmeath-footballers-look-to-maintain-their-promotion-seeking-momentum/

Unfortunately I won't be making the trip. Will have to rely on the vagaries of Ocean FM's commentary. What's your local radio station Croi....might listen via them instead.

Funny sequence there with so all games in the last 30 years in Sligo venues. Hope we can keep the winning run going....badly need some points.

Midlands Radio 3, Will O'Callaghan in the studio is very good, does a bit with Off The Ball now as well. Gerry Russell probably providing the agricultural commentary, although he's taking the Tony O'Donoghue approach to post match interviews these days. https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/performance-today-wasnt-good-enough

Today will tell us a lot about where sligo is at.  I like the team we have picked, great to see two players in midfield that I would consider natural midfielders (Oconnor and mcDonnell), Cian Breheny in forwards will inject some much needed pace.  Hughes And okelly not starting, great to see young Liam Gaughan in there.  I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled off an upset, even if we lose, I think it won't be by much.
Fingers crossed..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Shamrock Shore

Longford 1-09
Wexford 0-07

Wexford down to 14

sligoman2

Quote from: sligoman2 on February 25, 2018, 01:43:04 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 23, 2018, 05:34:04 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 23, 2018, 03:53:25 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 23, 2018, 03:40:38 PM
Are the Sligo lads alright for directions Sunday? It's only been 30 years since they've visited, 29 since we beat them in the league, lots of ground to be made up.

https://westmeathgaa.ie/westmeath-footballers-look-to-maintain-their-promotion-seeking-momentum/

Westmeath with a flattering 6 pt win.  Better team won but we had them on the ropes with 5 mins left, twice Westmeath cleared goal bound shots which would have tied it.
Some positives to take away but some players didn't get going.

Lots of criticism of the ref from ocean fm commentators.  We are in trouble but we are improving and I think we do enough to stay up

Unfortunately I won't be making the trip. Will have to rely on the vagaries of Ocean FM's commentary. What's your local radio station Croi....might listen via them instead.

Funny sequence there with so all games in the last 30 years in Sligo venues. Hope we can keep the winning run going....badly need some points.

Midlands Radio 3, Will O'Callaghan in the studio is very good, does a bit with Off The Ball now as well. Gerry Russell probably providing the agricultural commentary, although he's taking the Tony O'Donoghue approach to post match interviews these days. https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/performance-today-wasnt-good-enough

Today will tell us a lot about where sligo is at.  I like the team we have picked, great to see two players in midfield that I would consider natural midfielders (Oconnor and mcDonnell), Cian Breheny in forwards will inject some much needed pace.  Hughes And okelly not starting, great to see young Liam Gaughan in there.  I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled off an upset, even if we lose, I think it won't be by much.
Fingers crossed..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Shamrock Shore

Result

Longford 1-12
Wexford 0-09

Not a great game but, with 6 points, the first priority of staying in the Div, is all but assured.

naka

Armagh by 6 in the end(1-15 to 1-9)
A dreadful sesond half by both with only 9 points scored
But a wins a win.

stew

Quote from: naka on February 25, 2018, 04:40:34 PM
Armagh by 6 in the end(1-15 to 1-9)
A dreadful sesond half by both with only 9 points scored
But a wins a win.

The radio commentary was hilarious, at one point yer man had ELO singing a song by I think Mannfred Mann, he was all over the shop, entertaining and to be fair, Armagh were very solid and but for some wayward shooting (again) We would have won by another cricket score.

Good to see Offally on the rie again, they went at it hammer and tongs and fought til the end, good luck to them the rest of the way, their schedule gets easier from here on out.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

DuffleKing

Listened to the Down game on we are ulster today then swapped to the armagh tv 'commentary' for our game. The difference in what was provided was, eh, startling. I 'listened' to the rest of the game on twitter.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 25, 2018, 05:28:10 PM

Listened to the Down game on we are ulster today then swapped to the armagh tv 'commentary' for our game. The difference in what was provided was, eh, startling. I 'listened' to the rest of the game on twitter.

+1

Much of the commentary was being lost to shout outs to anyone who had texted in or liked on Facebook.

stew

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 25, 2018, 05:28:10 PM

Why would an Armagh man listen to a Down game over his own teams game?

I thought yer man was drunk at first, he was all over the place and I enjoyed the craic, the actual commentary itself was rough to say the least but for the league he was grand as nobody really gives a shite compared to championship football.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.