Thread for Tony Fearon to to pontificate about Catholicism

Started by heganboy, September 12, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

You need to repent first.Of course if you don't believe and trust in him as your saviour in the first place you cannot expect to be saved.That's the teaching of all Churches.

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on September 18, 2017, 10:29:02 PM
You need to repent first.Of course if you don't believe and trust in him as your saviour in the first place you cannot expect to be saved.That's the teaching of all Churches.
So murderers, paedophiles, rapists etc can repent and get in the pearly gates no problem, whereas those who have led a good life are excluded?

T Fearon

According to scripture,and the beliefs of all Christian Churches,if the repentance is sincere and remorse genuine,forgiveness will be given.It is important to note the words sincere and genuine.Did not Jesus himself forgive a person being crucified alongside him,owing to that person,who had committed terrible deeds,acknowledging him as the saviour?

However not believing in God is tantamount to rejecting him and salvation,so sadly no matter how good a life one leads,under those circumstances,there can be no eternal reward

illdecide

So what i'm reading and i believe I've read/seen this before the Catholic religion says it is more of a sin to not believe than to rape or murder someone. (please Lord forgive me for i have sinned, it's not that is didn't believe i was just too lazy to go to mass...swear to God).
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Not only Catholic Church,all churches.Not too difficult a concept,how the hell (no pun intended) do you expect God to welcome you in the next life,when you didn't believe he existed in this one😂😂😂😂.

Did not Jesus tell people that he would say to people who rejected him,when they arrive at the Pearly Gates, "Go away, I never knew you"

Tenet of all Christian Churches and faith is very simple.

Believe in God and Jesus as your saviour.

Life your life as best you can accordingly on the basis of that firm belief.

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 19, 2017, 08:13:29 AM
According to scripture,and the beliefs of all Christian Churches,if the repentance is sincere and remorse genuine,forgiveness will be given.It is important to note the words sincere and genuine.Did not Jesus himself forgive a person being crucified alongside him,owing to that person,who had committed terrible deeds,acknowledging him as the saviour?

However not believing in God is tantamount to rejecting him and salvation,so sadly no matter how good a life one leads,under those circumstances,there can be no eternal reward

What about priests who raped small children, they believed in God - are they ok for salvation?

T Fearon

Not unless they sincerely repented and God granted forgiveness.They are subject to God's laws just like everyone else

playwiththewind1st

And your appointment to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith was confirmed when, exactly?

T Fearon

It's very simple.Without belief in God and sincere repentance there is no hope of salvation

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

punt kick

Most evil bastards in the world believed in some God.  I'd rather not join that club.

The Gs Man

Sure the only thing you can be certain about is your own mind.

Therefore you cannot know that the world outside your own mind exists...

So there's a chance that you created the world you know and it exists in your mind only.......

DEEP
Keep 'er lit

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on September 19, 2017, 01:54:09 PM
It's very simple.Without belief in God and sincere repentance there is no hope of salvation
Why does anyone need to be saved?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

laoislad

Quote from: The Gs Man on September 19, 2017, 03:28:17 PM
Sure the only thing you can be certain about is your own mind.

Therefore you cannot know that the world outside your own mind exists...

So there's a chance that you created the world you know and it exists in your mind only.......

DEEP
In my mind Laois are All Ireland Hurling Champions and Liverpool have won the league every year for the past 27 years. Is this the same for everyone?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Esmarelda

Fearon is having some craic on here but I can't resist at the same time.

I always struggled with the definition of the word "believe" and Fearon's posts make it even more difficult.

How can someone say they believe in God yet state that "...... I would not deny that the prospect an afterlife/eternity,and to spend it in a good place is a key motivator" and "Atheism is cowardly? Risking a lost eternity through non belief? I would never be brave enough to take that risk."

Does anyone else consider this to be faith? Surely this is a case of backing a horse? Throw in his previous post "However I feel that if this was some sort of fairytale it wouldn't have survived into its third millennium" and this "belief" seems to be a really bad attempt at an educated guess.