Thread for Tony Fearon to to pontificate about Catholicism

Started by heganboy, September 12, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on September 12, 2017, 10:31:43 PM
That's why it's called faith.Not logical,a mystery,cannot be proved or disproved.

But you choose to believe in things that are so far fetched it's actually funny and you agree they can't be proved, you have guys giving out communion and for all you know 60 mins previous to that he could have been feeding the horse or pulling the balls of himself...like wtf.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Eamonnca1

Quote from: T Fearon on September 12, 2017, 10:05:48 PM
Jesus had to be born of a woman to connect with humanity.But his birth had to be pure.

What's so "pure" about raping some Palestinian girl? What's so "pure" about surrogacy?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on September 12, 2017, 08:37:52 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 12, 2017, 05:01:13 PM
Simple.If you believe in God,divine impregnation is perfectly reasonable.If your beliefs do not extend beyond the narrow confines of humanism,then your plausibility levels are limited,sadly
Why would God impregnate a woman?
If God is the father son and holy show why does a woman have to be involved ?

Christianity can never accept sex and sexuality. The Virgin birth is the reason. Afraid of the power of the the shrine  , the virginator , the baby zipper  , man's ruin, the mystical fold, the jaws of life

Christianity say groupthink can overrude  tits. It can't.

Indeed. The world is full of puritanical religions that hate the human reproductive process (the female part especially) and they wish that the birth canal were a one-way street. Virgin birth is a staple of a good many religions.

armaghniac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 12, 2017, 10:53:58 PM
Jesus had to be born of a woman to connect with humanity.But his birth had to be pure.

What's so "pure" about raping some Palestinian girl? What's so "pure" about surrogacy?

This reference to rape is offensive, and while you seem to think that being offensive contributes to your argument some things are not acceptable.

The bible states that the Angel appeared to Mary, and  Mary answered, "I am the Lord's servant. Let everything you've said happen to me." It may not be a conception that you agree with, but there are many such and I'm sure you do not comment on them in this way.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sid waddell

Do babies who die without being baptised still go to limbo, or what?

Or is it just babies who died prior to 2007?

It'd be shit to be a baby who died in 2006 seeing a baby who died in 2007 get into heaven but yourself still being left out in the cold. A bit like being one of the chumps who bought a Dublin semi-d at the top of the market in 2006 before prices crashed and then your neighbour moves in a few years later having paid 30% of the price you did.

"Ah come on, you're letting babies who die now get into heaven. Why not me?"

"Sorry kiddo, no can do, you were born a week before Joe Ratzinger changed the rules. No exceptions."

Dougal Maguire

Disgraceful post.
Careful now

Eamonnca1

So she did consent. I finally got an answer, and not from Tony. Christ, Tony, it wouldn't have been so hard to give me an answer, would it?

Still waiting for an answer to the surrogate question though.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: sid waddell on September 13, 2017, 12:00:10 AM
Do babies who die without being baptised still go to limbo, or what?

Or is it just babies who died prior to 2007?

It'd be shit to be a baby who died in 2006 seeing a baby who died in 2007 get into heaven but yourself still being left out in the cold. A bit like being one of the chumps who bought a Dublin semi-d at the top of the market in 2006 before prices crashed and then your neighbour moves in a few years later having paid 30% of the price you did.

"Ah come on, you're letting babies who die now get into heaven. Why not me?"

"Sorry kiddo, no can do, you were born a week before Joe Ratzinger changed the rules. No exceptions."

And what's the story with purgatory? Has that been abolished yet? I hear it was invented some time around the middle ages.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 13, 2017, 12:07:13 AM

Disgraceful post.

It's "disgraceful" to ask questions? Grow a thicker skin.

sid waddell

Maybe the baby Jesus was, to use the words of 2010 Nevada Republican senate candidate Sharron Angle, the "lemonade" that came from rape?

armaghniac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 13, 2017, 12:13:29 AM
So she did consent. I finally got an answer, and not from Tony. Christ, Tony, it wouldn't have been so hard to give me an answer, would it?

You can't just throw rape into a conversation without serious cause. You cannot just say x raped y and require someone to deny it and you would not accept similar carryon from someone else.

Franko

Quote from: armaghniac on September 13, 2017, 01:43:45 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 13, 2017, 12:13:29 AM

You can't just throw rape into a conversation without serious cause. You cannot just say x raped y and require someone to deny it and you would not accept similar carryon from someone else.

Another perfect example of the way this board has gone recently.  Whoever can be the most insulting wins.  Eamon... you won the race to the bottom.

brokencrossbar1

My wee girl was doing her homework last night and she says 'daddy what was the Big Bang theory?'  I started doing my none science best to explain it in layman terms before resorting to the all knowing google for a more definitive answer. I asked why were you doing it in Science?  Says she , no, we are doing it in religion. Apparently God created the Big Bang and after all that he then took his 7 days to create the earth....Jesus Wept says I(pun intended). Bugger religion and its falsehoods.

armaghniac

So who did start the Big Bang then?
I'd say nobody said that the Earth was  literally created in seven days in that class, unless Nelson McCausland was teaching it.