Cross dressing school kids on Isle of Wight

Started by bennydorano, September 11, 2017, 01:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: TabClear on September 12, 2017, 10:30:01 AM
Quote from: Orior on September 12, 2017, 09:42:31 AM
Every Sunday my priest stands on the alter, wearing a long dress.

No pun intended Orior... ;) ;)

When I was getting married, my bride entered the church, saw me, saw the aisle, saw the alter, and heard a hymn and thought "I'll alter him".

She did.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

Quote from: screenexile on September 12, 2017, 08:11:30 AM
Again the Religious crusades getting carried away with themselves.

If a young lad wants to identify as a girl that's his call these parents just don't want to have an awkward conversation with their son about something they don't understand.

Suing a Primary school?? What Christian values is that particular act upholding? That's the disgusting thing in the whole story!!

There are two sexes, male and female, if he has male parts he is male, simples, if he grows up and decides he wants to be female he can pay, out of his own pocket for an operation to make him appear like a woman, simples, two choices, boys wearing dresses to school is attention seeking and makes other kids uncomfortable, I wouldn't allow it, as adults making decisions on gender, hack away.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2017, 10:23:38 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2017, 10:13:24 AM
At my kids school they had a child called Jim last year and now in Upper 6th he's now called Laura.. huge difference in the ages of course but seems to be happening more and more
Meh, John Wayne's real first name was Marion.

Jack Lynch was John Mary Lynch.

Gay Byrne is Gay Mary Byrne.

Gay, isn't it.

So the kid is six sidley! Thoughts?

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on September 12, 2017, 11:37:03 AM
At my kids school they had a child called Jim last year and now in Upper 6th he's now called Laura.. huge difference in the ages of course but seems to be happening more and more

Gay, isn't it.

My thoughts would be that I don't worry about telling six year old kids in the Isle of Wight what they should do. Obviously you do.

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2017, 11:43:38 AM

Gay, isn't it.

My thoughts would be that I don't worry about telling six year old kids in the Isle of Wight what they should do. Obviously you do.

I don't worry about what he does, it is supposed to be a conversation, do you think it is ok that a six year old boy is allowed to go to school in a dress by his parents? I don't, I think they are setting him up for a very hard time and I further think a six year old should not have to worry about any part of his or her sexuality for years to come!

The parents have failed him completely and don't get me started on the hoors that are suing the school!

BennyCake

Children dictating to their parents, and telling the parents what they want. Says it all really. Who's the f**king adults here?

Denn Forever

Could some one ask the people suing the school ask them what was jesus wearing as he went around cconverting people?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hectic

What was wrong with Jamine?

Hectic

Quote from: easytiger95 on September 12, 2017, 10:38:47 AM
I know a couple of secondary school teachers and they have had to deal with students identifying as transgender over the past few years. The unfair thing is that, with all the cutbacks to counselling services in schools in the Republic, teachers are having to deal with these issues themselves, without expert support, for them or the students.

It is a really difficult question to face. Purely from my gut, I'd like to see kids make these decisions when they are older, at least beyond the start of puberty. But I don't know enough about the issues, and I'm sure that there have been cases of gender misidentification, where, biologically, a younger child could be intrinsically female (in terms of their chromosomes) whilst being treated from birth as a boy. Sex organs are not the only signifiers of gender. Again, I'd need to do some more research, but I feel for everyone involved here. I doubt the parents of the student involved started out with the ambition of having a transgender child, given how much prejudice they could face, and as for the other parents, there is always an instinct to preserve a child for as long as possible from having to face issues of gender and sexuality.

But transgender people have always existed, they are now more visible and vocal in terms of their rights as a group, and people are going to have to deal with that.

Obviously Tony, I don't include you in "people". You, God and Nature can continue ordaining genders for people to your heart's content.

Maybe not in this case but it might surprise you....

bennydorano

I posted this at lunchtime yesterday as I caught the tail end of the BBC Lunch news, I'm open to correction but I think his 'family unit' was a transgender lone parent who sent the child to school this way on purpose to highlight the issue - whatever that issue is. Again I'm not 100% sure this was the case. I did think WTF myself.

LCohen

Quote from: bennydorano on September 12, 2017, 01:22:31 PM
I posted this at lunchtime yesterday as I caught the tail end of the BBC Lunch news, I'm open to correction but I think his 'family unit' was a transgender lone parent who sent the child to school this way on purpose to highlight the issue - whatever that issue is. Again I'm not 100% sure this was the case. I did think WTF myself.

If there is an angle here that suggests that the gender issues are off the parent rather than the child then that needs explored.

If the gender issues are real for the the child then let them wear the clothes.

I don't think nature (or god) ordained that we should wear clothes at all. I certainly arrived into the world in the nip

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on September 12, 2017, 12:14:14 PM

Gay, isn't it.

I don't worry about what he does, it is supposed to be a conversation, do you think it is ok that a six year old boy is allowed to go to school in a dress by his parents? I don't, I think they are setting him up for a very hard time and I further think a six year old should not have to worry about any part of his or her sexuality for years to come!

The parents have failed him completely and don't get me started on the hoors that are suing the school!
You say you're not worried about what the child does and then immediately contradict yourself.

A dress is an item of clothing, mate. I'd advise you not to get your knickers in a twist over what clothes people wear. Girls even wear trousers now, you know.

BennyCake

Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2017, 02:46:52 PM

Gay, isn't it.

You say you're not worried about what the child does and then immediately contradict yourself.

A dress is an item of clothing, mate. I'd advise you not to get your knickers in a twist over what clothes people wear. Girls even wear trousers now, you know.

Are you implying stew wears knickers?

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyCake on September 12, 2017, 03:54:23 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2017, 02:46:52 PM

Gay, isn't it.

Are you implying stew wears knickers?
I'm sure Stewy can answer that one himself. But sure David Beckham used to wear his missus' knickers and I thought no less of him for it.

Esmarelda

Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2017, 10:58:03 AM
Easy solution: let kids and anybody wear what they bloody well want.

Sure the vast majority of women and girls crossdress in public, why shouldn't it be the same for males or whatever people classify themselves as.

Some people will stop at nothing to feel victimised. Going so far as to feel victimised because a six year old boy in another country wants to wear a dress is really going out of one's way to feel such.

These are generally the same people who blame actual victims, such as victims of rape, and condone racist symbolism.

Hello George Hook.
Such an array of emotions just went through my head on reading this first page.

First I thought that the kid should be allowed wear what he wants, on the assumption that there's no uniform. This is nothing to do with transgenderism, just the freedom to wear whatever you feel comfortable with. The article implies transgenderism but maybe the boy just likes dresses.

Then I felt the usual rage reading Fearon's comments. I can imagine the education the kid that's being removed will get. I pity him more than anything.

Finally, a part of me wonders if the parents of the kid in the dress need to protect him more at such a young age. I mean, would he not be better not to wear the dress until he's a little older?

In summary, remove all religion from all schools. Make Sunday School available to all. Let's test that faith.