Yes I have a vote and will use it
Yes I have a vote but cant be bothered using it
Yes I have a vote but cant get home cause its on a Thursday
No I dont have a vote but wish I did
No I dont have a vote and am not bothered
I'm too young
I'm from the 6 counties

Mayo4Sam

Just wondering about this and the level of apathy for what I see as the most intriguing election in decades.
I for one will be travelling to Mayo to vote
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Gnevin

Yes, will vote but i dont have to travel any great distance
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

deiseach

Is it that intriguing? The fact that it's only the third election in 15 years might be making you all misty eyed for the time when there were three elections in 20 months!

Mayo4Sam

Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Pangurban

The Free Staters deny me that right, but given the opportunity i would vote

deiseach

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 09, 2007, 07:23:04 PM
Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder!

It certainly does. The sickly look on the faces of various politicians as the count progresses makes it all seem worthwhile

Farrandeelin

I said yes but I don't know if I actually will get to travel home for the Thursday or not.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Pangurban on May 09, 2007, 07:26:27 PM
The Free Staters deny me that right, but given the opportunity i would vote

YAWN

lynchbhoy

Quote from: deiseach on May 09, 2007, 07:03:59 PM
Is it that intriguing? The fact that it's only the third election in 15 years might be making you all misty eyed for the time when there were three elections in 20 months!

was thinking there comeing into work that given the polls stating that there will be a close finish in the election - with the indos having the casting votes for a potential hung dail - then we could very possibly get back to this scenario of having another election in the short term...
as these hoors are just all mad for power (not that they do feck all when they get in)

SuperDooperCooper

Yea will vote even though it means me taking a half day to get back to Kerry to vote.
I love the election coverage as well, its great TV, way more exciting than if electronic voting had been introduced - thank god for Martin Cullen (never thought I would mention those words in the same sentence).

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Louth Exile

Quote from: deiseach on May 09, 2007, 07:03:59 PM

Did presiding officer at the last two general elections and the all fun has been taken out of the day itself. I vaguely remember as a kid posters of CJ and Gareth Fitz everywhere and all the parties inside and outside the polling station hanging out of voters. The older ones would tell you that those were the days for the craic. The most interesting thing I ever had happen was getting to get the gardai to remove impersonaters from a Dundalk polling station.. (they couldn't even tell me what was the local pub, they hadn't a clue where the address they were voting from was!!)

If you want to read a good book about that time of three elections in 20 months, its 'The Boss' - I was never a fan of his, but its a great book, Tony Gregory held him to ransom and got a great deal for his constituents and in fairness CJ actually honoured his promises!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ziggysego

I wish I could vote. We love voting up in the north.
Testing Accessibility

Louth Exile

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 12, 2007, 11:47:56 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 12, 2007, 12:02:42 AM
I wish I could vote. We love voting up in the north.

Yes Ziggy, but us Northerners still think we can vote multiple times in the one election.

It wasn't you boys that were at the election in Dundalk ten years ago was it?? :D :D
Only messin
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com