Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Derry Optimist

Regarding the correct identity of the Paul Devlin who is part of Kilcoo's new management team along with Mickey Moran and Conleith Gilligan I presume it is their former star player and consummate freetaker, Paul Devlin, who is the man in question!!

Uncle Phil

Quote from: Derry Optimist on November 15, 2018, 01:04:18 PM
Regarding the correct identity of the Paul Devlin who is part of Kilcoo's new management team along with Mickey Moran and Conleith Gilligan I presume it is their former star player and consummate freetaker, Paul Devlin, who is the man in question!!

A much more likely scenario!

toby47

Quote from: Uncle Phil on November 15, 2018, 01:20:00 PM

Kilcoo's Paul Devlin would still be young enough, around 27 id imagine. Would he not still be playing?

Maybe this is a conversation for the Down GAA forum lol

JoG2

Quote from: toby47 on November 15, 2018, 01:28:53 PM

Kilcoo's Paul Devlin would still be young enough, around 27 id imagine. Would he not still be playing?

And 1 less set of mits on the cash

Josey Wales

Quote from: Rawhide on November 15, 2018, 10:16:18 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 15, 2018, 09:24:00 AM
Quote from: Mikhailov on November 15, 2018, 09:08:31 AM
Quote from: Uncle Phil on November 15, 2018, 07:45:33 AM
Mickey Moran appointed Kilcoo manager with Conlieth Gilligan as trainer. Is there a Paul Devlin involved too? Where's he from?

😳 uncle Phil - is Devlin not from Screen?

A 'Screenite indeed. Did Glen not approach Micky Moran to replace Enda Gormley? Micky would need a full time accountant at this rate

Apparently he was asked to take his own club and declined. Also a few Sneil ones I was talking to this morning not to impressed, considering the behaviour of Kilcoo towards Sneil in those Ulster championship games.

Id find it hard to believe his own club asked him.  Never know though, when the thought of winning a Championship is on the mind.

Mikhailov

Definitely 100% the Paul Devlin in question is a Screen man. The player Paul Devlin from Kilcoo is still a key player and only in his mid 20's.....

Estimator

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 15, 2018, 03:14:28 PM

Definitely 100% the Paul Devlin in question is a Screen man. The player Paul Devlin from Kilcoo is still a key player and only in his mid 20's.....

Indeed, the reports in several media outlets state Paul Devlin is a Derry Native. So it's not the Kilcoo version.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Uncle Phil

Quote from: Estimator on November 15, 2018, 03:18:00 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on November 15, 2018, 03:14:28 PM

Indeed, the reports in several media outlets state Paul Devlin is a Derry Native. So it's not the Kilcoo version.

Haha, well whichever Paul it is, I have boosted his profile something shocking! Paul, if you're reading this, I'll accept 20% commission from whatever mileage you're getting (hopefully it's the Screen one).

Wildweasel74

How much it costing Kilcoo to bring these men down such distances! You think there's no teams closer to home to manage!!

restorepride

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 15, 2018, 10:30:09 PM
How much it costing Kilcoo to bring these men down such distances! You think there's no teams closer to home to manage!!
How much is Damien McErlain "costing"?

Keyser soze

I see Bobby Farren has been proposed as Chairman opposing the incumbent Brian Smith.

shawshank

Quote from: Keyser soze on November 16, 2018, 10:40:22 AM
I see Bobby Farren has been proposed as Chairman opposing the incumbent Brian Smith.
Who is Bobby Farren, club? credentials?

Quote from: restorepride on November 16, 2018, 12:58:47 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 15, 2018, 10:30:09 PM
How much is Damien McErlain "costing"?

Cost us relegation into division 4. As low a point as we have been since God knows when.

Leaveherlong

I think Bobby Farren is from Drumsurn but Smith has been there so long he will probably get in again. The County Board is like the County team in that all the best people we have in the County dont go near it.

Sheugh Water

Anyone explain why croke park brought in training bans(rightly imo) only for no similar ruling on development squads who are putting big pressure on underage clubs

JoG2

Commiserations to The Wolfhounds last night. Serious effort and a game played at a fierce pace. We missed the 1st 10 mins as there was a huge crowd queuing for tix with only 2 windows open.
The first sending off (Richard King, fine footballer) swung the game in Red Hughes favour (Limavady were 3/4 points up at the stage and full value for it). The ref I'd say has had better half's. Let over carrying go up until the 40th minute and then decided to blow the Wolfhounds players yet let the Red Hughes man take about 12 steps for the goal (what a finish in fairness). The 2nd sending off (2 yellows for big Forrest) was more harsh imo.the only positive I could give the ref in the 2nd half was finally booking a Red Hughes player for diving. In all my years watching games I've never (and I've seen Tyrone more times than I care to remember) seen a team dive as much, it was pathetic tbh
Any road, a superb year for The Wolfhounds with 3 trophies and an Ulster final. They've a very young side and I'd say they'll do rightly in intermediate next year