Pick your team> Kinahans or Hutches ?

Started by seafoid, February 09, 2016, 12:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 10, 2016, 09:30:22 AM
Quote from: tyssam5 on February 09, 2016, 10:27:47 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 09, 2016, 03:21:27 PM
Does the buzz of a couple pints get weaker and have you ever thought "jeez I should consider some cocaine as the pints aren't getting it done for me"? I'd highly doubt it.

You've never gone onto the Shorts after a feed of pints? Do Alcholics not move from Beer to hard liquor quite regularly? And you've kind of added to the perception there. Most people who drink beer wouldn't jump from beer to cocaine. But a lot of people who use cocaine started out with cannabis.

I'm not sure there's causation, but I'm not sure there's not.

Alcohol is the the same drug in pints and shorts. If someone is a regular cannabis user they might move to try different strains for strength or type of effect. You know that the active ingredient in cocaine is different right?

I realise that. Lookit, I realise a lot of lads like cannabis, and I'm sure a lot of lads on here have far more knowledge about it than I. I just don't like the automatic reaction of 'It should be legalised, and then that will do away with the drugs gangs'. If you could show me that there is 100% no link between a progression from Cannabis to other drugs, then I wouldn't give a shite. But if we are legalising Cannabis, and by doing so there is a chance that we expose more people to the culture of recreational drug use, and therefore harder drugs, then I don't think it's worth it.

With a couple of the US states legalising some drugs it may be worth a 'wait and see'.

AZOffaly

True. What's the story in the Netherlands I wonder?

Rossfan

You have it right there Leo.
Of course it would very well prejudice any future trial.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hardy

Quote from: LeoMc on February 10, 2016, 11:26:29 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 10, 2016, 09:23:54 AM
Quote from: passedit on February 09, 2016, 10:55:04 PM

Lynn Boylan MEP ‏@LNBDublin 34m34 minutes ago South Dublin, Ireland

2 armed & dangerous men are at large in the city & gardaĆ­ pixelate their faces? Why?

I was wondering that myself, surely the Guards would want to know who they are and if they already know, then I'm sure they'd want to know where they are if any member of the public spotted them..

There seems to more to this than we're being told.

Would it be so as to not prejudice a future trial?
If there faces are published it potentially influences witnesses who have seen the photos.
Defense QC" Are you sure this is the man you saw with a gun or has your memory been tainted by this blurry photo in the papers?"
If reasonable doubt can be cast on the witnesses the photo is the only evidence. Would the photographer give it up or could it be proved it was not tampered with or taken at that time? Again the potential for reasonable doubt?

I half heard a journalist from the Sunday World on the Radio the other day and he said the guards were exerting heavy pressure to get them not to publish the photos at all. Their rationale, as far as I could gather, was that identifying the killers could exacerbate the gangland war. The editor resisted - "public's right to know, etc.* - and eventually they compromised on pixelating the pics.

* Presumably up there with the public's right to see big tits on Page 3.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on February 10, 2016, 01:03:14 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 10, 2016, 11:26:29 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 10, 2016, 09:23:54 AM
Quote from: passedit on February 09, 2016, 10:55:04 PM

Lynn Boylan MEP ‏@LNBDublin 34m34 minutes ago South Dublin, Ireland

2 armed & dangerous men are at large in the city & gardaĆ­ pixelate their faces? Why?

I was wondering that myself, surely the Guards would want to know who they are and if they already know, then I'm sure they'd want to know where they are if any member of the public spotted them..

There seems to more to this than we're being told.

Would it be so as to not prejudice a future trial?
If there faces are published it potentially influences witnesses who have seen the photos.
Defense QC" Are you sure this is the man you saw with a gun or has your memory been tainted by this blurry photo in the papers?"
If reasonable doubt can be cast on the witnesses the photo is the only evidence. Would the photographer give it up or could it be proved it was not tampered with or taken at that time? Again the potential for reasonable doubt?

I half heard a journalist from the Sunday World on the Radio the other day and he said the guards were exerting heavy pressure to get them not to publish the photos at all. Their rationale, as far as I could gather, was that identifying the killers could exacerbate the gangland war. The editor resisted - "public's right to know, etc.* - and eventually they compromised on pixelating the pics.

* Presumably up there with the public's right to see big tits on Page 3.

Makes sense too, as does Leo's hypothesis of the trial scenario.

T Fearon

If there is a killing in mainland Europe does that count as two,the way away goals in European football do in the event of a draw.

Franko

Quote from: T Fearon on February 22, 2016, 06:01:56 PM
If there is a killing in mainland Europe does that count as two,the way away goals in European football in the event of a draw.

A decidedly un-Christian remark.

nrico2006

Whats the craic with the man from Strabane who was pictured running from the scene?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on February 22, 2016, 06:01:56 PM
If there is a killing in mainland Europe does that count as two,the way away goals in European football do in the event of a draw.
very good
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Bord na Mona man

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

LeoMc

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 25, 2016, 09:23:38 AM
Whats the craic with the man from Strabane who was pictured running from the scene?
I saw something on the front of the Sunday rags about him having a price on his head but was still living in Strabane.

general_lee

There's a guy on twitter @saorsean seems to have the inside scoop as to what is going on