Author Topic: Movie reccomendations  (Read 470563 times)

johnnycool

• View Profile
Re: Movie reccomendations
« Reply #7065 on: July 10, 2018, 02:32:21 PM »
Watched Sicario last night, exceptional film , great performances from Blunt, Broliin and Del Torro, sequel out  in cinema at the minute as well
Really? I thought it was average. I thought the director strangely put Blunt at the centre of the film but then made her character largely weak. The performances were good but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me, at least not a positive one.

I thought that was the point, Blunts character was being built up as some sort of wannabe super agent/cop and ultimately she was used in a subplot to assassinate these warlords behind enemy lines.
Del Torro as good as ever.

Might need to watch the first again before getting to see the sequel.

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: July 10, 2018, 03:17:07 PM »
Tried to watch Sicario at the weekend but the sound kept going on it on my IPTV player so I gave up. Will try again.

Watched Ready Player One last week and it was such a good film and outdone all my expectations.

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: July 10, 2018, 03:24:14 PM »
Tried to watch Sicario at the weekend but the sound kept going on it on my IPTV player so I gave up. Will try again.

Watched Ready Player One last week and it was such a good film and outdone all my expectations.

Loved Ready Player One too. Anyone who loves 80s and 90s pop culture will enjoy it.

So many background references.

It was like a modern day Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

• I will repair to the Curragh of Kildare
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: July 16, 2018, 09:56:54 AM »
A Quite Place

Solid 7/10. Would have been higher only for the ending.
#newbridgeornowhere

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: July 16, 2018, 10:03:09 AM »
I watched Calibre on netflix at the weekend.
Thought it was pretty good.
Some really good performances

7.5/10
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: July 16, 2018, 01:39:58 PM »
Incredibles 2 is very good for older children, I would say small children would get less out of it (8.5/10).

I watched Eye In The Sky on Netflix and it was much better than I thought it would be (7.5/10).

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: July 29, 2018, 12:30:25 AM »
I'm giving a strong 9/10 to MI: Fallout.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: July 29, 2018, 10:45:04 AM »
Welcome to New York  - 2014 , Gerard Depardieu plays the part of Strauss Khan  the IMF chief and possible French presidential candidate infamously accused of sexual assault against a hotel maid. It's a savage, no holds barred depiction of the predator. Depardieu is superb and fat, really fat. The film is more of a docudrama, very well edited. Naturally the film was the subject of the French snub and generally treated as toxic.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: July 29, 2018, 12:56:58 PM »
Welcome to New York  - 2014 , Gerard Depardieu plays the part of Strauss Khan  the IMF chief and possible French presidential candidate infamously accused of sexual assault against a hotel maid. It's a savage, no holds barred depiction of the predator. Depardieu is superb and fat, really fat. The film is more of a docudrama, very well edited. Naturally the film was the subject of the French snub and generally treated as toxic.

Sounds decent. Where’d you watch it?

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: July 29, 2018, 01:16:22 PM »
I watched Calibre on netflix at the weekend.
Thought it was pretty good.
Some really good performances

7.5/10

Calibre was good the main guy though didnt he even try a scottish accent and just kept his belfast one lol.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: July 29, 2018, 02:08:08 PM »

Sounds decent. Where’d you watch it?
I downloaded the torrent.