Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

Would Morgan not fill that third midfielder or sweeper role? I'd assume they are experimenting with Mooney in a forward role, although he has looked more comfortable at wing back. He might also be a better option for taking a mark if he can get isolated at wing forward.

downjim

Smurfy123

Clownjim anyword why McKernan not playing?
Lads I dont think it's harsh but we all have opinions
Morgan will come out as will Mooney
Not a bad team on paper

OgraAnDun

Quote from: ardtole on January 26, 2018, 07:30:09 PM
Would Morgan not fill that third midfielder or sweeper role? I'd assume they are experimenting with Mooney in a forward role, although he has looked more comfortable at wing back. He might also be a better option for taking a mark if he can get isolated at wing forward.

Morgan as third midfielder and Mooney a bit further back than that and being used to break up the pitch with speed I would have thought.

supersub

Expect one change in the forwardline before throw in.

Niall McParland the new captain - good luck to him.

Smurfy123

Captain for Sunday??
Surely O Hagen still captain

SHEEDY

Hopefully the lads named on sunday can do the business and get off to a winning start. With lots of regular and possible starters missing such as barry and darren o'hagan, the 2 johnsons, kevin mckernan, peter turley as well as keith quinn, donal o'hare, sean dornan and niall madine we hopefully can have the makings of a decent squad and have some competition for places.
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

Never been to a game In Drogheda. Where is the pitch? I will be coming from Dublin. Is it the ground if your coming in to Drogheda from the northern end on the left? 

ardtole

It's close to the hospital on the north side of the town.

bannside

Targetman

Its a very poor county ground, one very small stand and 3 sides all grass banks, on the team named I'd like to think its good enough to win on Sunday, good to see Donnelly back as we struggle badly at midfield, and I hope something has been worked on in training regarding our kickouts, Down to win by 2

stiff breeze

supersub

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 26, 2018, 08:08:07 PM
Captain for Sunday??
Surely O Hagen still captain

As I said, Niall McParland is the new captain.

downjim

Quote from: stiff breeze on January 26, 2018, 10:37:34 PM
Quote from: downjim on January 26, 2018, 07:39:00 PM
Glenn must be some team

They have won as much as Burren lately  ;)

So jealous of them, I'm really going to miss that away journey and especially the great showers.

Smurfy123

Great win for  Down
It sets us up for the year
I fancy promotion this year and a step in the right direction
Well done all