Flag protesters cause postponement of top Of the table Irish League game.

Started by T Fearon, February 16, 2013, 04:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteCliftonville was mainly a Prod team when it first started was it not? A lot of it's main directors were of a Protestant background, I'm sure someone could be more informed than me on this

I'd say that the area around there was more mixed in the past. Now there are only Taigs from Oldpark Ave on and less in the way of a loyal local fan base. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trileacman on February 18, 2013, 03:18:03 PM
I know alot of ye are up in arms about this but frankly I can't get even slightly upset about the goings on in the Irish league.

No? This is a thread about it, if you aren't worried about it then why post? The main part of the thread though is the allowance of the PSNI to have a protest that stopped the game going ahead, I've actually taken this route a few times (back in the day,) there was never any hassle and the game was always played in good spirit and everyone went home afterwards with no trouble.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hereiam

Quote from: NAG1 on February 18, 2013, 02:15:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 18, 2013, 02:04:21 PM
What stats? If there are stats to say the general public aren't "too wealthy" over here how would they indicate it's due to them not being allowed to be too wealthy?

I would have thought that the opposite would be true, create wealth and prosperity for the people more likely to appease the people and make them want to remain part of the Union. More tax income less reliance on the public sector jobs etc

Nag get a grip, it is all about creating wealth and prosperity for themselves.

NAG1

Quote from: Hereiam on February 18, 2013, 03:37:45 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 18, 2013, 02:15:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 18, 2013, 02:04:21 PM
What stats? If there are stats to say the general public aren't "too wealthy" over here how would they indicate it's due to them not being allowed to be too wealthy?

I would have thought that the opposite would be true, create wealth and prosperity for the people more likely to appease the people and make them want to remain part of the Union. More tax income less reliance on the public sector jobs etc

Who is 'they'?

deiseach

Just to be clear, the PSNI want to intervene to prevent this escalating but are following orders from Westminster not to intervene even though it is the PSNI who will be in the the firing line when everything goes Pete Tong. Is that right?

Milltown Row2

'They' must be the people from the shadows who sit behind an oval table and determine how they can make money by having trouble simmering in N.Ireland.

They must be fleg producers or street cops (overtime) or road workers, window glazers, fleg pole makers (christ I made a few pound in shipyard on those) community groups (UDA/UVF)

Could be anyone
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

Quote from: deiseach on February 18, 2013, 03:59:31 PM

Just to be clear, the PSNI want to intervene to prevent this escalating but are following orders from Westminster not to intervene even though it is the PSNI who will be in the the firing line when everything goes Pete Tong. Is that right?

They want the Northern Ireland to remain a drain on the public purse so they can create wealth and prosperity for themselves. QED Westminister is being run by the IRA. (c) W Frazier 2013.

take_yer_points

Does anyone travel along the Shore Road past Seaview? There's a car burnt out on the Shore Road right behind the goals this morning. I'm nearly sure it had a southern reg but didn't get a look quick enough so not certain by any means

ranch

Cliftonville require just another point to win the league with 5 games remaining following their 3-1 home win against Crusaders today.  ;D

T Fearon

Surely they will get that point against Linfield at Solitude at the next league fixture,which is the equivalent of Celtic taking the title off Rangers at Celtic Park! ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on April 02, 2013, 09:15:57 PM
Surely they will get that point against Linfield at Solitude at the next league fixture,which is the equivalent of Celtic taking the title off Rangers at Celtic Park! ;D

How would that be? Clifftonville would not be winning more titles than Linfield and like Rangers, Linfield have more league titles, Cliftonville not as much as Celtic, so again no comparisons there, Linfield winning title at Glentoran would be a better example I'd say.

Oh is it cause of the colours Blue and Red? No I'm lost.....

Tony Baloney

IFA not found anything in their rules yet re. stadium capacity etc. to prevent them taking the title? They are running out of time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 02, 2013, 11:25:46 PM
IFA not found anything in their rules yet re. stadium capacity etc. to prevent them taking the title? They are running out of time.

Would the Masons be used possibly as an excuse?

No but seriously, Cliftonville have won the title before, the manager was a player at the time I believe.

ranch

Hopefully. With a bit of luck they could still complete the treble!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 02, 2013, 11:34:20 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 02, 2013, 11:25:46 PM

Would the Masons be used possibly as an excuse?

No but seriously, Cliftonville have won the title before, the manager was a player at the time I believe.
I remember them winning it in late 90s.