Flag protesters cause postponement of top Of the table Irish League game.

Started by T Fearon, February 16, 2013, 04:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

In 2013ad a Police Force could not facilitate the free passage of Cliftonville fans into Seaview,for the top of the table clash with Crusaders,on account of flag protesters,resulting in the match being postponed.One,I repeat one,arrest was made.

Orior

When the same thing happened at Solitude in the 1970's, Cliftonville were forced to play all their home games away. And if there was a riot e.g. in Windsor Park, Cliftonville were fined as being the home team.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AQMP

A complete and utter joke...and that's only the PSNI!

I wonder how Brwyson squares the damage to local soccer with him being Footie!!

Orior

Maybe the protest was about Cross Rangers and Loughgiel getting beat?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Ball DeBeaver

Three arrests. Crusaders laid on buses for Cliftonville supporters, but most of them refused to use them. The only Cliftonville supporters to get into the ground were the ones that got the bus. Crusaders could have done no more.
Police should have driven these rats away from the ground, with as much force as needed. The sooner these waste of ejeculant protesters get the message the better.
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

T Fearon

Wouldn't attach any blame to the clubs,but the Police are a joke alright.

theticklemister

To be fair; tis better not anyone seeing this soccer game. Boring as f**k.

thewobbler

At least 50 afternoons were ruined this afternoon as a result of these actions. 22 players, 8 backroom staff, 4 officials, 1 ticket collector, and unknown number of supporters, estimated at 15.

michaelg

Quote from: thewobbler on February 16, 2013, 08:12:36 PM
At least 50 afternoons were ruined this afternoon as a result of these actions. 22 players, 8 backroom staff, 4 officials, 1 ticket collector, and unknown number of supporters, estimated at 15.
I'd imagine crowd would have been about 2000 or so

ranch

Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on February 16, 2013, 05:42:05 PM
Three arrests. Crusaders laid on buses for Cliftonville supporters, but most of them refused to use them. The only Cliftonville supporters to get into the ground were the ones that got the bus. Crusaders could have done no more.
Police should have driven these rats away from the ground, with as much force as needed. The sooner these waste of ejeculant protesters get the message the better.

It's a north Belfast derby though and Cliftonville supporters have always walked to this fixture.

Residents from the area around Seaview were giving out leaflets the other week at a home fixture against Linfield which was aimed at stoking up tensions. Even Linfield fans on some of the Irish League forums were baffled as to why the leaflets were given out to them. Apparently the leaflet claimed that Cliftonville fans attacked their homes on their way to and from the Boxing Day derby and that they should be supporting in protesting today..

theticklemister

SHEEDY

Quote from: thewobbler on February 16, 2013, 08:12:36 PM
crusaders were expecting their biggest crowd of the season. PSNI are a joke to allow this to happen.
nil satis nisi optimum

5 Sams

Sports fans everywhere are hoping this can occur at every Irish League ground next week.
The Aristocrat Years