Fair play to her
21 (37.5%)
That's way out of line
35 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 56

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Zapatista on November 01, 2010, 01:20:04 PM

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 01, 2010, 01:18:00 PM
Invited guest, former SF councillor, member of EirigĂ­.  Stupid really and makes no point of note.  She would have been better to have a dossier of health issues that are facing her constituents and made a big noise about handing those over rather then throwing paint.

10 years of dossiers and Harney still doesn't listen.

And throwing a pot of gloss will make her listen?  She is voted in and that is the choice of the people.  The only way to make a difference is to get a credible candidate against her or a credible electorate to make a better choice.  I give my 3 year old a slap if he throws paint on his sister ::)(or shoudl I say I send him to the naughty step :P)

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 01, 2010, 01:17:41 PM
This type of protest disgusts me, it is effectively assault and says more about the character of the protestor IMO.

It was a bit of paint FFS. I'm sure it was animal tested before hand to make sure she'd come to no harm.

The moral outrage at this is scary when you think of what Harney has done to health in this COuntry.
If you disagree with someone are you saying it is ok to attack them with paint or anything else you see fit?
I certainly do not agree with all the Government has done for the HSE but do you really think this advances any protest or cause?  I am 100% certain more sympathy will rest with Harney than the protestor.

Banana Man

anyone else think harney has lost a lot of weight?

Donkeywalloper

Quote from: Banana Man on November 01, 2010, 01:34:06 PM
anyone else think harney has lost a lot of weight?

The paint ruins the photos. Only for that she would have been moved into the lovely ladies thread before laoislad could say debbie magee.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 01, 2010, 01:26:37 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 01, 2010, 01:17:41 PM
This type of protest disgusts me, it is effectively assault and says more about the character of the protestor IMO.

It was a bit of paint FFS. I'm sure it was animal tested before hand to make sure she'd come to no harm.

The moral outrage at this is scary when you think of what Harney has done to health in this COuntry.
If you disagree with someone are you saying it is ok to attack them with paint or anything else you see fit?
I certainly do not agree with all the Government has done for the HSE but do you really think this advances any protest or cause?  I am 100% certain more sympathy will rest with Harney than the protestor.

This act only means people like me who thinks Mary Harney has been complicit in the downfall of Ireland has sympathy for her.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

magpie seanie

Its out of line but Harney is a prime example of the complete failure of our system od democracy. A person with little or no mandate basically running down the public health system and introducing private hospitals (a policy which would have little support if it were ever discussed). She is basically an independent TD with control of on of if not the largest budgets in the State. It is lunacy and she should have been removed or had the decency to resign long ago.

I guess in the face of "democracy" such as this some people get angry and go ott. She's lucky she's not in France.

Zapatista

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 01, 2010, 01:25:44 PM
And throwing a pot of gloss will make her listen?  She is voted in and that is the choice of the people.  The only way to make a difference is to get a credible candidate against her or a credible electorate to make a better choice.  I give my 3 year old a slap if he throws paint on his sister ::)(or shoudl I say I send him to the naughty step :P)

It was a protest and it was harmless. Maybe she should be more like Greece and protest through riots which end up with people dead. It was a bit of paint and it was harmless the big picture is what the protest was about.

We can't get a credible candidate against her as she is part of a Government denying an election by not holding the by elections. She is part of a Government who are spending tax payers money on a court case to deny us an election.

If his sister was being a wee bitch I'd caution her too :o

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 01, 2010, 01:50:49 PM

This act only means people like me who thinks Mary Harney has been complicit in the downfall of Ireland has sympathy for her.

You are seriously messed up. How could you sympathise for someone complicit in the down fall of Ireland because someone through paint over her. That's mad. Go and spend a few days on a trolley in A&E and think about Harney jet setting across the world at your expense and then picture yourself throwing paint over her.

Declan

Being "debated" on Whingline at the moment - Lord Jaysus how do people listen to such shite - How much is the bould Joe taking home in salary I wonder??

Zapatista

Quote from: Declan on November 01, 2010, 02:20:09 PM
Being "debated" on Whingline at the moment - Lord Jaysus how do people listen to such shite - How much is the bould Joe taking home in salary I wonder??

I was listening to it and had to turn it off.  There has been 5 Mary O'Rouke variations on already.

Had to laugh at Joe being outraged at this action. I would love to know what Joe thinks James Connelly would have done in the same situation. It would have been a lot more dangerous than a drop of paint that's for sure.

whiskeysteve

people should have been firing paint en masse many months ago.

a lick of paint is completely justified for the state the country will be in. Folks think things are bad now, they'll only get a lot worse
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Nally Stand

Jaysus you'd think she was shot. Some lads on this site either feel the need to have an opinion on absolutely everything or else genuinely are very easily outraged!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 01, 2010, 02:25:55 PM
Jaysus you'd think she was shot. Some lads on this site either feel the need to have an opinion on absolutely everything or else genuinely are very easily outraged!

Some people on here feel they need to defend physical violence at every turn.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Zapatista on November 01, 2010, 02:13:24 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 01, 2010, 01:25:44 PM

It was a protest and it was harmless. Maybe she should be more like Greece and protest through riots which end up with people dead. It was a bit of paint and it was harmless the big picture is what the protest was about.

We can't get a credible candidate against her as she is part of a Government denying an election by not holding the by elections. She is part of a Government who are spending tax payers money on a court case to deny us an election.

If his sister was being a wee bitch I'd caution her too :o

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 01, 2010, 01:50:49 PM

You are seriously messed up. How could you sympathise for someone complicit in the down fall of Ireland because someone through paint over her. That's mad. Go and spend a few days on a trolley in A&E and think about Harney jet setting across the world at your expense and then picture yourself throwing paint over her.

This has nothing to do with the Health Service, this is a report on an assault.

Zapatista

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 01, 2010, 02:31:58 PM

And I suppose throwing a shoe at Bush had nothing to do with Iraq?
Seriouly, have you nothing real to say?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Zapatista on November 01, 2010, 02:35:52 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 01, 2010, 02:31:58 PM

And I suppose throwing a shoe at Bush had nothing to do with Iraq?
Seriouly, have you nothing real to say?

Listen Zapatista, all those other people protesting where trying to draw attention to problems in the Health Service, one Muppet hijacks the protest by an act of thuggery and now the story is the assault not the health service, if you cannot see this I'm very sorry.