iphone

Started by macdanger2, August 10, 2009, 09:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Well

Anyone have any experience of buying an iphone online? Don't feeling like getting the free fisting that comes with the O2 iphone!!!!

Thanks

Jim Bob

FFS. had an old iPhone 4 and I decided to put a o2 SIM card into it. Turns out it won't accept it until Vodafone unlock my iPhone. Now have to trip to the Vodafone shop miles away. I suppose they ll charge for this as well. Anyone know anything about this?

Boycey

If the contract on it is up they'll do it for nothing and it can be done over the phone or online.. I think :)

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 10, 2009, 09:24:54 PM
Well

Anyone have any experience of buying an iphone online? Don't feeling like getting the free fisting that comes with the O2 iphone!!!!

Thanks

New?

Syferus

The old trick with o2 when you contacted them was to say you were going on holidays in a few days and it sped up the process.

Just do it online, contact Vodafone through their Boards.ie forum as the reps that man it are usually more senseable than the ones you get through their website.

Main Street

I recently went through the vodafone online process to unlock an iPhone 4s.The process was enacted digitally, there was no interaction with a human in a vodafone uniform.
I received the unlock code by email.

macdanger2

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on December 11, 2017, 05:50:54 PM
Well

Thanks

New?

That was 8 years ago!!

LooseCannon

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 11, 2017, 09:34:32 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on December 11, 2017, 05:50:54 PM
Well

Thanks

New?

That was 8 years ago!!

Oh well. Hope you got sorted out.

Jim Bob

Have a samsung galaxy 2017 which I want to trade in for an iPhone.
Who would do this apart from car phone warehouse who offered me a poxy 60 quid for my phone.?
It's a straight swap as I want to stay on same contract   

gallsman

Quote from: Jim Bob on June 12, 2018, 05:11:25 PM
Who would do this apart from car phone warehouse who offered me a poxy 60 quid for my phone.?

Not aware of anyone who does straight swaps for phones. None of the networks or major retailers want least year's models.

What iPhone are you looking?

What's the exact model of Galaxy you're trying to trade in? If it's an S8 or an S8+ in good condition, you'd sell it on your own for more than 60 no problem.

Jim Bob

Quote from: gallsman on June 12, 2018, 05:46:45 PM

Not aware of anyone who does straight swaps for phones. None of the networks or major retailers want least year's models.

What's the exact model of Galaxy you're trying to trade in? If it's an S8 or an S8+ in good condition, you'd sell it on your own for more than 60 no problem.

It's an A5 in good nick.

gallsman

Quote from: Jim Bob on June 12, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 12, 2018, 05:46:45 PM

It's an A5 in good nick.

Ah, assumption when you say Galaxy is that it's an S series or a Note.

The A5 is an 18 month old budget phone. You'll definitely not get any value from the networks for it. Certainly nothing that you'd come close to start swapping for an iPhone.

bigfrank

Trying to use my iPhone 4g as a hotspot for my laptop,showing up as a weak connection at best but usually won't connect.4g is fine on my phone and it's right beside the laptop,assume I have my settings wrong on one if not two of the devices 🤦‍♂️Any ideas or help would be great

gallsman

Quote from: bigfrank on June 12, 2018, 06:50:58 PM
Trying to use my iPhone 4g as a hotspot for my laptop,showing up as a weak connection at best but usually won't connect.4g is fine on my phone and it's right beside the laptop,assume I have my settings wrong on one if not two of the devices 🤦‍♂️Any ideas or help would be great

4s? There's no iPhone 4g.

Showing up as a weak connection on the laptop? It should be excellent as it's referring to the WiFi signal being broadcast by the hotspot, not the speed of that connection, which will be alright but not great. iPhone 4 could only carry 3G I think.

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on June 12, 2018, 08:09:57 PM
Quote from: bigfrank on June 12, 2018, 06:50:58 PM

4s? There's no iPhone 4g.

Showing up as a weak connection on the laptop? It should be excellent as it's referring to the WiFi signal being broadcast by the hotspot, not the speed of that connection, which will be alright but not great. iPhone 4 could only carry 3G I think.

The 4s supported LTE.