The Open Championship 16-19 July 2009 Turnberry

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 07, 2009, 06:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 19, 2009, 06:27:53 PM
Feck it anyway. I hate watching play offs.

Cink now 4/6 to win it, Watson 6/5.

Westwood is destined never to win a major. How many times has be been in contention on the final 9 holes now?
in a major, not many, i can really only think of last year's us open and today's - maybe another us open a few years ago.  He's great tee to green normally, but he just can't close out tournaments, been extremely poor at it since his peak in the late 90's and early 00's.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 19, 2009, 09:21:03 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on July 19, 2009, 06:27:53 PM
Feck it anyway. I hate watching play offs.

Cink now 4/6 to win it, Watson 6/5.

Westwood is destined never to win a major. How many times has be been in contention on the final 9 holes now?
in a major, not many, i can really only think of last year's us open and today's - maybe another us open a few years ago.  He's great tee to green normally, but he just can't close out tournaments, been extremely poor at it since his peak in the late 90's and early 00's.

Can remember him standing on the 10th tee at Augusta a few years back now and he was leading the field. Probably not as many as I thought he had fluffed to be fair. As you say a very good tee to green player but just can't seem to get over the line in majors. Wouldn't have minded seeing him win today. Rather him win it than that Poulter tool.