Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hurling Discussion / Re: Hurling championship 2018
« Last post by seafoid on Today at 02:43:12 PM »
John Fogarty‏ @JohnFogartyIrl · 3 min

HT: Limerick 0-12 Tipperary 1-10. Tipperary living so dangerously yet are ahead. Limerick giving away silly frees. #GAA

« Last post by seafoid on Today at 02:37:54 PM »
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0520/964787-hurling-championship-updates/
Limerick 0-11 Tipperary 1-09

33 mins Four points from play for Mulcahy now after a brilliant catch by Kyle Hayes. Hickey penalised again at the other end though and Forde now has six frees to his name.
« Last post by seafoid on Today at 02:23:42 PM »
So who will be the bottom two in Munster?  Waterford will find it difficult to be in the top three, with no home games.  I think the loser of the Cork/Clare game could also be fourth at best...at a push I'd say Clare and Waterford to miss out.

Dublin and Offaly would be the most likely bottom two in Leinster.

What say the experts on here?
Surely Waterford, beaten finalists last year, are better than Clare and Limerick
The Quigley brothers looks a lot slimmer these days are they training more and eating less pizzas theses days?

I also see Ryan McMenamin is going for a Jesus look nowadays

General discussion / Re: Boxing Thread
« Last post by BennyHarp on Today at 02:21:58 PM »
Warren will want to milk that Leeds crowd a bit longer with a few defences rather than risk a loss v Frampton. Though after watching that Warrington will be a tough nights work. He was very good tonight.

Warrington will take a huge crowd with him to Belfast if the Frampton fight gets made. They are a rowdy bunch too...would be an interesting night at Windsor Park.
General discussion / Re: Another School Shooting in America
« Last post by seafoid on Today at 02:16:30 PM »
Has there been any ‘thoughts and payers’ handed out yet?
Like clockwork from the idiot Trump.
The NRA delivers millions of voters to Trump. He isn't going to do anything about gun laws. So kids will contine to die. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE9v9FhARtg
Armagh should win their home game in Super 8’s, the Athletic Grounds would be rocking. After that anything can happen.

McGeeney is highly-rated nationally and hasnt shied away from big challenges in the past. He will ensure Armagh bounce back.
GAA Discussion / Re: Munster Football Championships 2018
« Last post by Cunny Funt on Today at 02:13:01 PM »
Why didn't Conor Sweeney play for Tipp yesterday and Stephen O Brien only introduced off the bench?

From my own point of view, my intention to referencing the cynicism of Fermanagh was simply to present it as an observation on my part - not a complaint. Armagh last night have too many concerns of our own to worry about what others do.

Our great team of the noughties had a reputation for cynicism, but my feeling would be it was not for trash talking or feigning injury, or indeed disrupting the opposition kick-outs by pinging a second football onto the pitch. Maybe others will disagree and point to some specific incident from 2007 that totally undermines what I said. Ho hum.

The behaviour yesterday from Fermanagh was no surprise given that McMenamin is in the management team.  it would have been poor enough with Gallagher in charge but McMenamin bring things to another level, to that previously was the preserve of his Tyrone teams.

In general the squad from 1999 to 2008 played a hard game and while blocking off the running player was a tactic and not against any rule, the players with the possible exception of Marty O'Rourke didn't bother with the trash talk that was so evident yesterday from the Fermanagh team.  They have taken the feigning of injury to a level that Tyrone have set since 2003.  While Grimley was stupid in swinging his arm, Quigley, who has serious form for cheating, fell to the ground instantly holding his face. 

Owen you need to take the orange glasses off.
The 'treatment' that both Quigley brothers got yesterday was very noticeable.
I watched it and they didn't react.
Daniel Teague came off the bench and was immediately subject to the same 'treatment'.

Sean received a forearm in the face.  That's a red card.
The Armagh tackling was shocking.  Made it easy for the referee.
Armagh went out to be physical and try and bully Fermanagh.
Armagh didn't score from play after the 16th minute.
Armagh were completely cleaned around midfield as well.
That's why Armagh got beat.

Armagh were crap. We know that. Our tackling was, and has been for a long time,poor.
However, the antics of your players in regards to going down as if shot was bad and I wouldn’t be happy with it. The off the ball nonsense and blocking off runs I can take as we all do it. The sledging, while not pleasant, happens all the time too but I just don’t like the feigning of injury.
General discussion / Re: Another School Shooting in America
« Last post by Cunny Funt on Today at 02:00:32 PM »
Has there been any ‘thoughts and payers’ handed out yet?
Like clockwork from the idiot Trump.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10