Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Home advantage counts in every sport. To think different contravenes every known published article on it. Croke Park is a massive advantage to Dublin and that shouldn't be even up for debate.

It does amaze me the mental gymanrics people - some not even Dublin homers - go through to try and minimize each and every advantage Dublin have. Maybe the GAA is the real Bannana Republic Geldof was on about.
GAA Discussion / Re: All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin
« Last post by whitey on Today at 02:13:22 AM »
Throwing the gps at direction of the ball/player has been blown all out out proportion in my view, an act of desperation that is the same as someone shouting at a player taking a free or goal keeper banging the cross bar or the player throwing his hurl at the ball to try and block it... it's the final moments of an All Ireland final!

Third defeat by a single  point ! Give the man a break ffs! The amount of off the ball crap that goes on in games and this incident gets the headlines!!

Is it much different to taking the goalies tees to prevent a kick out or balls mysteriously appearing on the pitch when someone is about to kick it. Sledging a free taker seems to have become acceptable but what Keegan did is an all time low. 
The only reason someone hasn't done this before is because they are only wearing these bloody things the last couple of years. If the referee spotted what Keegan did the free would have been moved forward and that would probably be the end of it. We would all be saying what a stupid thing to do.
Charlie and his crew should just try and enjoy the win and try and forget about this unhealthy obsession with Keegan. The Dublin players have the All Ireland's. Is this not enough. Why the need to kick a man when he's down.

I dont know if youre old enough to remember, but Mick Webb, Mayo goalkeeper in the early 80's used to get the posts swaying back and forth
Longford / Re: Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread
« Last post by LaurelEye on Today at 02:01:24 AM »
Another close shave for ye boys. Heard ye were playing Killoe as well as Clonguish.

Super Sat next weekend. Mostrim will be able to do our homework for the final :D

Ah, I wouldn't be concerned about noises off in the commentary box. We'll see if the dream final comes off in whole, in part, or possibly not at all.

The bookies very trína chéile this year.
That Mullinalaghta team will be talked about 50 years from now . Such a team is a very rare pearl in such a small parish.

Bookies converge - almost.

Paddy Power (http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-football/longford-senior-football-championship?ev_oc_grp_ids=112918):

Mullinalaghta 7/2 3/1 5/2 7/4 13/8 8/11 5/6
Abbeylara 15/2 13/2 11/2 6/1 5/1 7/4
Clonguish 10/1 14/1 11/1 5/1 11/2 9/2
Mostrim 40/1 20/1 33/1 22/1 16/1

Boylesports (http://www.boylesports.com/betting/sports-a---z/gaa---football/club-football/longford-sfc-2017/?navigationid=24.1,86196.1,86603.1,2941616.1):

Mullinalaghta 3/1 5/2 13/8 4/6 4/5
Abbeylara 7/1 15/2 6/1 5/1 9/4 15/8
Clonguish 10/1 16/1 12/1 11/2 6/1 11/2
Mostrim 33/1 16/1 33/1 25/1 14/1

Ladbrokes (https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/betting/gaelic-football/gaelic-football/club-football/2017-longford-senior-football-championship/225065985/):

Mullinalaghta 3/1 7/4 15/8 7/4 13/8 8/13 4/5
Abbeylara 8/1 7/1 6/1 13/2 11/2 11/5 15/8
Clonguish 7/1 9/1 10/1 8/1 5/1 6/1 11/2
Mostrim 33/1 20/1 28/1 22/1 25/1 16/1 14/1

I still think Clonguish are very good value if they can get over Mullinalaghta - I certainly think they're stronger than an Abbeylara side overly-dependent on one marquee forward with a short fuse.
General discussion / Re: North Korea Crisis
« Last post by trileacman on Today at 01:09:54 AM »
This thread is the most depressing thing I've seen in months.

People chastening a leader for starving his own people to death whilst in the same sentence gleefully advocating nuclear holocaust against the same people.

Kim is pulling off a masterstroke (at the behest of the Chinese who trump so hastily offended) just like putin before him. Western leaders are preoccupied by spin and the aesthetics of their actions this past 10 years. Meanwhile the Russians unilateral action have annexed Crimea and stemmed the tide against Assad in Syria. Russia has de facto won the last two proxy wars and the Chinese/n Korean axis looks to replicate this by calling the us bluff in the Far East. The us will not intervene so long as the Koreans missiles kill no-one. All this military action and so on is pure shitetalk as the Koreans know and are now showing to the world.

So for the sake of a few missiles the Chinese/Koreans get to make the potus look foolish (a favourite n. Korean pastime) and further pushes the precedents of what they can get away with to new levels. They are in essence "bombing their way to the negogiating table" and such is the weak handed nature of western diplomacy of late they will succeed.

For f**ks sake please stop wailing like old women about how this contravenes traditional international diplomacy as if the whole world are beholden to the values of the New York Times. The east see a divided west ruled by a idiot and are pressing home their advantage by all means necessary, fair f**ks to them I say. Believe bullshit and vote for an idiot then you deserve to get fucked, America.
General discussion / Re: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread
« Last post by ashman on Today at 12:34:45 AM »
I see Neil McCann is all over the newspapers today crying about the 'disgusting abuse' he receives from Celtic supporters before going on to say it does not bother him. 

Firstly why cry to the media about it if it does not bother him, secondly what is with the timing? and finally what does he think makes him special? 

There are plenty of characters down the years involved with Celtic, Rangers and Sevco who have been the target for abuse and while the like of Barry Ferguson wore it as a badge of honour you also had the exceptional case of Neil Lennon yet I never heard him come out before any Hibs Sevco games blowing things to the level McCann has. 

I would suggest it is McCanns character and spitefulness, particularly evident in his media work that turns a lot of Celtic fans off him.

You strike me as a hateful little man .
General discussion / Re: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread
« Last post by StGallsGAA on Today at 12:25:23 AM »
I see Neil McCann is all over the newspapers today crying about the 'disgusting abuse' he receives from Celtic supporters before going on to say it does not bother him. 

Firstly why cry to the media about it if it does not bother him, secondly what is with the timing? and finally what does he think makes him special? 

There are plenty of characters down the years involved with Celtic, Rangers and Sevco who have been the target for abuse and while the like of Barry Ferguson wore it as a badge of honour you also had the exceptional case of Neil Lennon yet I never heard him come out before any Hibs Sevco games blowing things to the level McCann has. 

I would suggest it is McCanns character and spitefulness, particularly evident in his media work that turns a lot of Celtic fans off him.

Which newspapers?
GAA Discussion / Re: All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin
« Last post by criostlinn on September 20, 2017, 11:47:31 PM »
Throwing the gps at direction of the ball/player has been blown all out out proportion in my view, an act of desperation that is the same as someone shouting at a player taking a free or goal keeper banging the cross bar or the player throwing his hurl at the ball to try and block it... it's the final moments of an All Ireland final!

Third defeat by a single  point ! Give the man a break ffs! The amount of off the ball crap that goes on in games and this incident gets the headlines!!

Is it much different to taking the goalies tees to prevent a kick out or balls mysteriously appearing on the pitch when someone is about to kick it. Sledging a free taker seems to have become acceptable but what Keegan did is an all time low. 
The only reason someone hasn't done this before is because they are only wearing these bloody things the last couple of years. If the referee spotted what Keegan did the free would have been moved forward and that would probably be the end of it. We would all be saying what a stupid thing to do.
Charlie and his crew should just try and enjoy the win and try and forget about this unhealthy obsession with Keegan. The Dublin players have the All Ireland's. Is this not enough. Why the need to kick a man when he's down.
GAA Discussion / Re: Who will stop this Dublin team from 4, 5, 6 or more in a row?
« Last post by Dinny Breen on September 20, 2017, 11:45:39 PM »
Home advantage counts in every sport. To think different contravenes every known published article on it. Croke Park is a massive advantage to Dublin and that shouldn't be even up for debate.
GAA Discussion / Re: Money, Dublin and the GAA
« Last post by trileacman on September 20, 2017, 11:35:10 PM »
Worth listening to
http://www.offtheball.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/GAA_on_Off_The_Ball/57592/Financial_imbalances_in_the_GAA
Sean kelly's opinion is a f**king disgrace. Typical gaa big wig attitude, "smaller counties are the problem, if only we could marginalise and exclude them from the championship proper it would be great."

He was always a muppet anyway.

I thought he was reasonably sound but he's one w**ker there. f**k the rest, save the cash cow.

Real "pull the ladder up, sod the rest" stuff.
GAA Discussion / Re: Money, Dublin and the GAA
« Last post by magpie seanie on September 20, 2017, 11:28:27 PM »
Worth listening to

http://www.offtheball.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/GAA_on_Off_The_Ball/57592/Financial_imbalances_in_the_GAA

Sean kelly's opinion is a f**king disgrace. Typical gaa big wig attitude, "smaller counties are the problem, if only we could marginalise and exclude them from the championship proper it would be great."

He was always a muppet anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10