Rossies v Tyrone Hyde Park 13th July 5pm.

Started by giveballaghback, July 06, 2019, 11:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: inroundthesquare on July 07, 2019, 04:34:29 PM
Quote from: weareros on July 07, 2019, 04:21:54 PM
I expect Harte to play. He is some player. I would question why yesterdays black was not a trip which is a black card. He stuck his foot in front of Cavan players feet and knocked him over. It was needless, awkward, game was well won but still a trip. But I expect GAA will cave.

If that is a black card then it's really beyond a joke. You could scrutinize every foul where a player's leg clashes with the opponent and say Black Card.

Yes, there's that (and he didn't 'knock anyone over'), plus the fact that that particular ref let much, much worse go throughout that game.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rossfan

I wonder how will Tyrone cope with a full size good pitch?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 07, 2019, 04:51:42 PM
Quote from: Angelo on July 07, 2019, 04:32:13 PM
I'd expect Tyrone to overrun Roscommon at Croke Park but the fact that Roscommon have home advantage should be worth a few points.

We seem to have hit a run of form now so I'd be confident of a win. We beat Roscommon and Cork by 18 and 16 points respectively last year. I think both have improved, Roscommon look to have a much more solid defensive structure this year and Cox has been a great find for them, they also seem more equipped physically.

I think next week could be a real battle but hopefully we'll come out the right side of it.

I'd like to see us go with the same team once again, I think you can see the impact of Meyler since he has came back into the side. He really sets the ball rolling with his movement and work rate, definitely the most underrated player in the squad.

Is McCann injured? No sign of him yesterday. McAliskey also didn't get any minutes yesterday.

Are you one of those that believes in the wide open space of Croke park? The Hyde park pitch is of similar size i understand.

The pitch at Croke Park might not be bigger but it certainly plays quicker and that is just a fact.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Blowitupref

Quote from: Angelo on July 07, 2019, 07:42:00 PM
I'd expect Tyrone to overrun Roscommon at Croke Park but the fact that Roscommon have home advantage should be worth a few points.

We seem to have hit a run of form now so I'd be confident of a win. We beat Roscommon and Cork by 18 and 16 points respectively last year. I think both have improved, Roscommon look to have a much more solid defensive structure this year and Cox has been a great find for them, they also seem more equipped physically.

I think next week could be a real battle but hopefully we'll come out the right side of it.

I'd like to see us go with the same team once again, I think you can see the impact of Meyler since he has came back into the side. He really sets the ball rolling with his movement and work rate, definitely the most underrated player in the squad.

Is McCann injured? No sign of him yesterday. McAliskey also didn't get any minutes yesterday.

Are you one of those that believes in the wide open space of Croke park? The Hyde park pitch is of similar size i understand.

The pitch at Croke Park might not be bigger but it certainly plays quicker and that is just a fact.

Do you have a link for such a fact?

Here is a little info on the new Hyde Park surface.

The rolls of playing turf are set to be sourced from "county turf" based in Scunthorpe Lincolnshire who are the same specialty turf farm which provides the turf to Croke Park.
It will be harvested, rolled up and transported to Ireland in temperature controlled trucks before being relaid on a prepared surface in Roscommon. At present no Irish company grows the particular blend of grass which Croke park officials, deem suitable for the playing of Gaelic Games.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Angelo

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 07, 2019, 08:03:00 PM
Quote from: Angelo on July 07, 2019, 07:42:00 PM

Do you have a link for such a fact?

Here is a little info on the new Hyde Park surface.

The rolls of playing turf are set to be sourced from "county turf" based in Scunthorpe Lincolnshire who are the same specialty turf farm which provides the turf to Croke Park.
It will be harvested, rolled up and transported to Ireland in temperature controlled trucks before being relaid on a prepared surface in Roscommon. At present no Irish company grows the particular blend of grass which Croke park officials, deem suitable for the playing of Gaelic Games.

I've seen it with my eyes and any county player will be the first to tell you that Croke Park plays faster than any other pitch.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

macdanger2

Huge game for both teams, the loser is effectively out imo. Dublin will beat both and both should beat cork

armaghniac

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 07, 2019, 08:03:00 PM

Croke Park now use Dub grass from Naul, as it suited Dublin better.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 07, 2019, 09:04:17 PM
Huge game for both teams, the loser is effectively out imo. Dublin will beat both and both should beat cork
Tyrone could beat Dublin in Omagh especially if Dublin are already into the semi final by round 3 and rest players.

omagh_gael

Out of the three black cards yesterday's was the most deserved, imo. He was really silly going into the tackle like that at that stage of the game. However, the Sunday game showed the one v Longford today and that was never a black card. I'll say he'll be playing this Saturday.

Rossfan

He'll be playing and our boys expect he will be too.

The Trap

What are Roscommon going to do? Play on Tyrone's terms like Kildare and Cavan or come up with something different. Those 2 teams had no idea how to cope with the defensive shield or try and pull Tyrone out of position. I expect that Cunningham will not be so stupid though it is still Roscommon and they had no idea at this stage last year!

Jayop

Hard to see anything other than a Tyrone win but by a much narrower margin than last year. Rossies with home advantage and I think they look a better side this year anyway should close the gap

Aaron Boone

Fourth match in a row for Tyrone at 5pm Saturday.

Rossfan

Looks like we should give a wall over in this one ::)
"It's still Roscommon"!!!!
What a comment.
We were winning  All Irelands while them yokes were still living in caves >:(

BennyHarp

Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2019, 11:58:38 AM
Looks like we should give a wall over in this one ::)
"It's still Roscommon"!!!!
What a comment.
We were winning  All Irelands while them yokes were still living in caves >:(

Ah well, you should win no bother then.
That was never a square ball!!